Assault Knights not dropping loot/chests.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

I been playing for around 4 hours now and been in every instance of every hour. I have gotten a grand total of 3 chests from the 11-12 knights we have killed (we failed once).

I ask around and others are getting all the loot just fine, while many more like me aren’t getting diddly squat.

I even turned on aoe loot on interact, nothing. Others are spouting the same complaint as well.

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Same…. At first I thought I wasn’t doing enough dmg but that’s not the case since I got xp and event reward on all insntances.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Same here, also, Scarlet is bugged at 20% hp >.>…… after I finally got in…..

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

For me 3 times in a row no loot AND only 2 icons over my head at the end so no entry to Scarlet. The"Assault on LA" LS was great but the “Battle For LA” LS is horrendous.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Do you expect everything to go well the first day,the previous had some patches too…be patient.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

I have yet to get any loot from an assault knight. They seem really stingy.

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I have had the same issue. I noticed when I ranged I rarely get them, but when I melee I get them more often. Not sure if it’s a dps thing and maybe they have a cap on the amount of chests that drop or what.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Out of 4 knights, I got only 1 chest. (Mainly ranged.)

And I think that should go in BUGS subforum, not general discussion.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I’m pretty sure the event is not bugged (in terms of getting loot).

The same thing can happen in world boss events if you join very late; you can get gold for the event but not do enough damage to actually get loot. If you just auto attack (and sometimes it’s limited to that because of the condition reflection) you may not be doing enough damage to get credit for the kill. It’s happened to me a couple of times, but when I play more dangerously to get more damage done (or spend less time rezing people) I usually get loot.

My suggestions are to try a different weapon/utility skills that let you do more damage (and lets you use more attack skills). Others also say to also form a party, I’m not 100% sure of the mechanic, but I think as long as you do some damage, your damage is combined with your party for determining loot drops.

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Do you expect everything to go well the first day,the previous had some patches too…be patient.

Can’t sure whether you are trolling or not

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I have not had any trouble at all. Even before the patches. I got the loot from every knight for hours on end. (Ended the night with over 100 boxes.)

I am a level 80 fully geared guardian. I fight in melee range with a Greatsword/Scepter/Focus. I get a full group. I don’t die. (Most of the time.)

I also don’t bother to avoid the jump attack as I just use stunbreaks after it. So my DPS stays constant.

I don’t know why others are having issues. I will simply be glad that I am not. I wonder if it’s because other classes rely on conditions where the guardian only has burning and their damage is simply being reflected causing their damage to be a lot less than they expect.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

Yes. Yes, we do.

This is not Beta.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

I’m pretty sure the event is not bugged (in terms of getting loot).

The same thing can happen in world boss events if you join very late; you can get gold for the event but not do enough damage to actually get loot. If you just auto attack (and sometimes it’s limited to that because of the condition reflection) you may not be doing enough damage to get credit for the kill. It’s happened to me a couple of times, but when I play more dangerously to get more damage done (or spend less time rezing people) I usually get loot.

My suggestions are to try a different weapon/utility skills that let you do more damage (and lets you use more attack skills). Others also say to also form a party, I’m not 100% sure of the mechanic, but I think as long as you do some damage, your damage is combined with your party for determining loot drops.

This is definitely wrong.

I get loot on worldbosses 100% of the time so long as I get 10-20 seconds of DPS (often less). I mean, no two ways about it. That’s how it is.

With the knights, same character, same build, same weapons, same methods, much longer up-time, I only ever get loot on the first one I fight. Even if I’m on the second/third for several minutes.

It’s been so reliable that I thought it might be a rule that you only get loot on the first one, but apparently not.

So that only leaves “bug” as an option.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Its definitely bugged giving no loot…

Everyone in game is saying it.

In fact for a ‘finale’, final episode in a Living Story that’s been going on 16 months, the loot overall in this 4/3/14 update is EPIC in its CRAPNESS, even by Anet standards which is very, very low.

Well, I don’t mind, loads of other new games to play now giving fantastic loot. I will just do the basic achievements and not log in for 2 weeks or so. Only ‘feedback’ Anet listens to, players not logging in….

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

This is definitely wrong.

I get loot on worldbosses 100% of the time so long as I get 10-20 seconds of DPS (often less). I mean, no two ways about it. That’s how it is.

With the knights, same character, same build, same weapons, same methods, much longer up-time, I only ever get loot on the first one I fight. Even if I’m on the second/third for several minutes.

This is precisely what happens for me as well. I might miss out on loot on a champ if I join late with my condi necro, but never on my warrior. In any case, I’m not joining late on these Assault Knights. I’m putting in a good 2-3 minutes of dps on them with zerker stats and a greatsword. If that’s not enough to get credit every time, then something is wrong.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

For temporary content that only lasts 14 days? Yes. Yes I expect it to be working the full 14 days. Not just 10 of them.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Yup, this happened to me last evening. Got a core with some crappy blues/greens from the first knight killed, then nothing from the second or third one killed using the same tactics as the first kill.

Seems the entire LS content is the usual Anet buggy mess …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I only get loot 1 outta 3 knights.

Posted by: Cyvien.8049

Cyvien.8049

You’re probably not doing enough damage compared to the zerg. ;P

I’m a scholar, thus I don’t take stance.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I’m not paid to test their product. It should either be tested before it’s released, or I should be paid to test this for them. It’s not a game in BETA, it’s a fully fledged, released game.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I gave the Assault Knights a go last night and killed all 3, dealt constant damage, and got event success message (karma, xp, silver). However, I only got loot from the 1st 2 (blue & green) and nothing from the 3rd (red).

I noticed I didn’t have the red icon over my head either upon killing the red knight so I’m wondering if the event only rewards you if you have the icon for standing in the proper circles for each fight. Which would be stupid, but it’s just a guess.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

So many negative comments…I love how everyone si demanding everything to be 100% fine when something is released.There is no AAA title,offline or online that realeases dlc’s or other stuff,even the game itself without bugs.Be patient or come on the forum and start crying,,i know the LA had some buggs,still a bit buggy, but that does not mean you have to go ape kitten and demand that everything should work perfect at realease.I am glad Anet fixes everything fast when it comes to Living World.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

There is no AAA title, offline or online that releases dlc’s or other stuff that are LIMITED to TWO weeks. Little but but annoying bugs maybe understandable but “not giving loot because of some kind of idiotic bug” is not a little bug. Everyone has only two weeks to upgrade their backpieces and most of us don’t wanna buy all pieces from TP.

And as a note, I could loot knights only 2 times till now. For the rest, no loot at all and I was in a full party with 0 afk/leecher.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

bugs are one of the the downsides to releasing temporary content every 2 weeks.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Doesn’t matter since playing the gem shop and the TP is more rewarding.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

For the people who aren’t getting loot… are you standing in the coloured circles around the Assault Knights as they appear? You need to step in one of those circles to attune yourself and be able to deal damage. Stepping in the circle grants you the ability to inflict damage for a minute afterwards. If you don’t step in the circle you cannot deal meaningful damage to the Assault Knight, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that then leaves you unable to receive loot even if your number of attacks landed gives you gold event credit.

I’ve had no issue getting my 5 champ boxes/assault cores from the enemies even unpartied with the pathetic damage of Thief shortbow autoattack (can’t use Cluster Bomb when it reflects conditions), so if you’re having issues, make sure you’re using the circle attunement.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Doesn’t matter since playing the gem shop and the TP is more rewarding.

Soooooooo, your playing GemShop2 and TP2 then and not GW2, right? Right, gotcha.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

For the people who aren’t getting loot… are you standing in the coloured circles around the Assault Knights as they appear? (…)

I’ve gotten loot for the first three knights I killed. After that nothing, so I’m wondering if its a once per daily reset thing.

And yes, the colored spots on the ground are very important.

Posted by: Chironicus.6341

Chironicus.6341

gave up , will just loot bags but know i see its so hard ot get in there i die everytime just trying to go anywhere

event = dead

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

1. Do more dmg
2.join a party to do more dmg
3.Step in the colored circles t odo more dmg
4. don’ use PVT gear in PvE

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: shiven.1892

shiven.1892

Don’t think it’s bugged, Anet just set the damage threshold pretty high for loot. I sometimes do not get loot in a 2-3 person party. I usually get loot in a 4 to 5 person party.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

no way it’s a threshold problem. I was attacking for around 5 minutes dealing somewhere around 1000 dmg every second or so. even world bosses you will get silver credit and full rewards for attacking twice in the last 3 seconds.
also, got gold credit but no loot most of the time. how gold credit if not enough damage?

Posted by: Ashtaeroth.3940

Ashtaeroth.3940

So far I’ve managed to kill about 56 Knights, and I’ve gotten loot from them a total 9 times. I’ve also gotten 8 cores, 3 blues, 2 greens and 3 reds. I’ve been running with the big zergs, went solo, party, small groups that can still down the Knight. I’ve been melee, ranged, changed traits and skills, used foods, standing in the color pools, running around. Also I’ve done few perfect dodges and all three knights and gotten pulled on purpose. I’ve been waiting close to it so I can get the “first hit”, I’ve waited a while so I won’t get the first hit. I’ve changed overflows, I’ve been in my home server, I’ve done other events in the meantime, also outside Lion’s Arch.

As a guardian I can still deal high damage both in short bursts and cause some conditions, though limited they are. I don’t die to the knights but I’ve tried that aswell just to see if it has an effect. Nothing, total randomness and mostly I’ve gotten nothing. There is something definetly wrong in how the loot is given, it seems total random that either you get something or you get nothing. And 8 times out of the 9 I’ve gotten a core. I would very much like to know what the Devs think about this. Is the loot meant to be total random or is there a possible bug somewhere? I could understand if you got like 1 to 6 chests but either all or nothing… noot gonna believe that.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Definitely bugged. Even if you’re there since the beginning of the fight, you can still get no loot.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For those not getting loot, have you killed that specific Assault Knight before that same day? I’m wondering if perhaps each Knight only gives out its rewards once per day.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

So yeah…killed a total of 6 more knights, got loot from 1 (in overflow). Full DPS tons of damage never went down yadda yadda.

Any hint from the devs if this is a bug being looked at or is as intended would be very appreciated.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Wasbunny.6531

For those not getting loot, have you killed that specific Assault Knight before that same day? I’m wondering if perhaps each Knight only gives out its rewards once per day.

Myself I got loot from the very first Knight I killed today (blue) and then the next 5 nothing. It’s starting to seem like it’s one Knight per day… period.

I seriously don’t think this was intended (although since we have no word from the devs if it’s even a bug at all it’s all just guessing).

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

If you’re supposed to only loot them once a day, how are we supposed to farm the power cores for the back piece? The loot rate is already so low…

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You can buy Power Cores on the TP. As usual they’re pricey as heck now, but will become cheaper over time.

Posted by: Kyle van der Meer.6209

Kyle van der Meer.6209

Fort Aspenwood, finished off 6 knights, no drops from knights.

(edited by Kyle van der Meer.6209)

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Darkhaven is missing loot from it’s killed Knights. We were able to get ALL knights dead, no loot since latest patch (Wed 5th). And I’m not saying I got it once and that was it for the day. No, I mean nothing since today’s patch.

:( I need my Static cores.

At least I finally got the “One Step Closer”, although the “Nowhere to hide” is annoying. any tips for that one?

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: csjuni.1795

csjuni.1795

Can confirm SoR main and 2 Overflows 5 knights total killed received quest reward of karma and xp ( gold reward). Received NO loot of any kind, first time joining event since reset.

Posted by: Sir Gophlin.2567

Sir Gophlin.2567

Yesterday I did the event for several hours.
3 x loot out of 12-15 kills..
This is NOT okay.. >_>

Posted by: Type Moon.5820

Type Moon.5820

Seriously though the worst thing is not the bug, but the lack of communication from a moderator, a small post to let us know they are aware of the problem and are fixing it, or that we are doing something wrong or unaware of something. The lack of communication between ANet and their player-base is disgusting considering how amazing it was in the beginning.

ANet, We love your game, its why we play it, you don’t have to worry about scaring us off by admitting their is problems, just let us know, that you know the problem is real and let us know your working on it and a vast vast portion of the player base will happily wait for you to fix it.

What we cant handle, is the silence.

Wasbunny.6531

Just killed 3 more Knights after the latest patch and (long sigh) no loot at all…again…still. The entire overflow reported that no one got anything either. Not a single person got anything. No one. Nothing.

I’m not sure why there is such a deafening silence from the developers about this issue. Maybe we’ll find out in a few days if it’s worth testing the waters again.

Posted by: shiven.1892

shiven.1892

Prior to latest patch, I was getting loot 9/9 bosses. After patch 0/12

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Before the patch my friend and I were getting loot from the knights 2-3 times in a row. After the patch hit (even after going to a party of 5 from 2 and having good dps and minimal stopping to rez) no one got anything for about the past 3-5 runs I’ve been a part of.

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Prior to latest patch, I was getting loot 9/9 bosses. After patch 0/12

Prior to patch, 11/12 (first time got in barely, no party). After patch, 0/6.

Posted by: I I I Fear No Death.7052

I I I Fear No Death.7052

I went into the instance right as soon as the 1st patch was done. Id say about 6 minutes after it said new build avail. Ironically enough the instance I was in on the very first try we succeeded every event all the way to Scarlett. I did not receive anything from the Knights until the last knight was killed then received the 6 loot boxes. I don’t think the 6 boxes were a bug. I think 1 box contains the obbys, another for something else and so forth. Well anyways finished the Holos. Nothing. Scarlett rewarded obbys and bunch of other goodies. That was worth it and successful event.

Since the 1st completion i have attempted it 5 times. 2 Fails and 3 successes. Not a single chest reward or anything from anything until scarlett. Then just 3 crappy alliance bags.. Dulfy.net said thats the reward. But others are saying theyve gotten rewards for each completion. Also according to the GW2Wiki there was only one update for the 5th. I know for a fact there were two updates today alone. Im thinking one was a stealth nerf. I even checked and both patches were different sizes. Dont give me anything bout taggin or being there early or any of that. Im punctual and running full DPS – Assassin Runes. Crit damage of 112%.. Hitting the knights for 1k+ each hit of my rangers arrow. I probably hit each knight 80 times.