Assault Knights not dropping loot/chests.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: I I I Fear No Death.7052

I I I Fear No Death.7052

I went into the instance right as soon as the 1st patch was done. Id say about 6 minutes after it said new build avail. Ironically enough the instance I was in on the very first try we succeeded every event all the way to Scarlett. I did not receive anything from the Knights until the last knight was killed then received the 6 loot boxes. I don’t think the 6 boxes were a bug. I think 1 box contains the obbys, another for something else and so forth. Well anyways finished the Holos. Nothing. Scarlett rewarded obbys and bunch of other goodies. That was worth it and successful event.

Since the 1st completion i have attempted it 5 times. 2 Fails and 3 successes. Not a single chest reward or anything from anything until scarlett. Then just 3 crappy alliance bags.. Dulfy.net said thats the reward. But others are saying theyve gotten rewards for each completion. Also according to the GW2Wiki there was only one update for the 5th. I know for a fact there were two updates today alone. Im thinking one was a stealth nerf. I even checked and both patches were different sizes. Dont give me anything bout taggin or being there early or any of that. Im punctual and running full DPS – Assassin Runes. Crit damage of 112%.. Hitting the knights for 1k+ each hit of my rangers arrow. I probably hit each knight 80 times.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Can confirm this. Prior to patch this evening, got loot from Knights. Me, husband and son. After patch, zip, zero, nada, nothing. People in map chat all commented on this no loot phenomenon.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: StarDust.1269

StarDust.1269

This is the suckest patch i have ever seen, so confused environment, lot of players donot know what’s the right things need to do. running and clicking for hour without loot.
I cannot even open the TP home page to buy any promotion items. Really a gOOD patch~

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Now it’s gotten to the point where people are leaving or just not doing the Knights anymore because they fell it’s not worth it. Just saying. After everyone killed the first knight and had no loot, nearly 1/3 of the zerg left. sad.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

The latest patch seems to have introduced the bug to other players. While I got yesterday loot for every knight I killed as long as I wasn´t on a server where I already had looted them that day, now I´m not even getting something on the first run.
According to mapchat many others didn´t receive loot either.
Edit: On a second try in an overflow I again didn´t get loot.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

(edited by Turamarth.3248)

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

Same here. No loot at all.

Posted by: Rollara.8493

Rollara.8493

Yesterday I didn’t have much time to play; but I did do the event once right when it was released and got loot from 3 knights including 1 core. After work and after the patch tried it 2 more times (6 knights) and no loot.

Today after the reset I’ve downed about 12 knights and NOT ONE PIECE OF LOOT. Nothing. Nada. Zero. I’ve done parties and solo, plenty of DPS, stand in the circles for the buffs, get full event credit, everything. Oh, and to add insult to injury, failed the Scarlet event 4 times. SO basically a HUGE amount of time spent with NOTHING to show for it.

If this is as the event is intended, I’m sadly done with it; I loved the escape from lion arch event and really wanted to fully complete this one as well, and I really wanted to craft that backpiece.

If this is a bug, please let us know ANet and please let us know when there might be a possible fix.

Thank you; I rarely post on the Forums but I’m just so disappointed and frustrated by this.

Posted by: darreljnz.8951

darreljnz.8951

I suffer from this too. I just did 3 knights events all 100% attendance, heaps of DPS and got event credit but no loot. Raised a bug report and support issue. I’d like the loot mailed to me.

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

No loot from knights since last patch. Because of that the price of cores have jumped through the roof…

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

If you get experience for the kill then you should get the loot as well. This is bugged.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Omg! They did not fix it yet?

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Omg! They did not fix it yet?

It’s currently 2am for them, I think the patch hit around 6-7pm their time, I forget exactly when it hit. They most likely went home afterwards and won’t have another patch for it for about another 8-12 hours depending how major/minor the problem is.

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I have been on Blackgate main and not a single person in map has received loot from successive runs of the Assault Knights. This is definitely a bug.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Tweet them. Fb and Twitter grabs their aggro like nothin else, sad current truth.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Posted by: Ange.3586

Ange.3586

Confirmed. Nobody received loot from the knights in 3 runs in my overflow.

Illusive Angel @ Desolation (EU)

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Would be nice to get a response, or at least some sort okittennowledgement. (acknowledgement fn sensor)

Cores are starting to skyrocket because theres no supply.

Posted by: DarkX.4315

DarkX.4315

No loot ,even with a party ,since last fix about 10 hours ago. And not even a respond from Anet. The price for cores skyrocket from 1g to 5-6g because supply got cut. This Living Story is the worst bug wise.

Posted by: Arris.7836

Arris.7836

Have the same problem, yesterday I got almost 100% loot (unless I was alone or in small party that arrived kind of late). Today even though dealing dmg in full group from the start of the raid, noone got chest. And I don’t mean my party only. All players that participated in killing Knights didn’t get any drop.

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

I was off work yesterday (Europe) and attended every Knight session during the afternoon. Every time I made a random group out of people around me and got 15 chests and some cores for each attempt (we are chaining them on AR for more loots) for a total of 100+ knight chests.

Now I did not play since last patch so I can’t speak for that one.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

So many negative comments…I love how everyone si demanding everything to be 100% fine when something is released.There is no AAA title,offline or online that realeases dlc’s or other stuff,even the game itself without bugs.Be patient or come on the forum and start crying,,i know the LA had some buggs,still a bit buggy, but that does not mean you have to go ape kitten and demand that everything should work perfect at realease.I am glad Anet fixes everything fast when it comes to Living World.

Be patient and silent and pretend everything’s alright?

Ok, let’s do role reversal. I’ll name everything silence has fixed and you name everything that bringing something to the public eye has fixed. Ready? I’ll start.

NOTHING!

Your turn!

Posted by: Iluvatar.4967

Iluvatar.4967

We are continually to saying that the Legendary knights don’t let drop the chest and ArenaNet doesn’t explain what’s the problem…
Why we cant get this **** chest?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Still no loot from the knights last night.

I have officially quit doing them at this point. Wasting hours of my time to only be DCed or get no loot? No thanks.

It is almost inexcusable that they have not fixed this issue yet.

This is obviously not a perceived issue where a few people are not tagging properly. This issue is real. If they think this is normal or if this is the new normal than Tyria is in trouble.

A big finale to the Living Story season and a large portion of the player base is not even receiving any rewards for participating and completing it.

Posted by: Mento.1039

Mento.1039

It’s 5:34 in the morning at Seattle. Possibly answers and / or fix this bug in a few hours … and I doubt that they will give bonus chests to all who made the event since the last patch.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

For those not getting loot, have you killed that specific Assault Knight before that same day? I’m wondering if perhaps each Knight only gives out its rewards once per day.

I only get stuff(well Power Cores, don’t care about the rest) from the red one(first to be killed during event). After that the rest never gives anything.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I always got loot before the last patch, after that, nothing helps. No way to get loot, full party and all, but no loot.

Posted by: radiantglyph.9085

radiantglyph.9085

I really hope they fast-track a fix to this because it’s starting to get to the point on my server where players are getting really nasty with each other when the knights come up. Some people want to stick it out and get to the boss for the boss chest and others are insisting on the champ runs, making it impossible for the people who want to go to Scarlet. And then people start kittening their capslocks and it just goes downhill from there.

And then the overflow I was just in, the hologram didn’t drop its chest on at least one of the platforms (we couldn’t get a definite on if it happened on the others; my platform failed and there was no word either way from the other). I’m not sure if this is happening every time or even a lot of the time now, but if it is, then there really is no point running the event at the moment.

Sure folks are just going to farm for supply bags and champ boxes in the meantime, but if it carries on for too long, even after the bug is fixed it’s going to be an uphill battle getting a lot of those people back to the Knights after having wasted so many hours with no reward. And that’s of course going to impact the overall experience for everybody playing.

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

LF60+ chests. Ill try this event again when i can be rewarded for it.

Posted by: Unification.3654

Unification.3654

Just the hologram chest isn’t worth the time spend. Then you can better do a dungeon.
So we need some reward for the knights.

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

….and we’re back to the same pattern AGAIN. First attempt this morning – using the zerg method (map wasn’t even Oflowed since I came in at 8:58 my time) First two knights went down fairly easily. Gold level participation, Power/Crit Ranger in all epic/ascended, full uptime – and again no loot.

This seriously needs looking into – I can run with the zerg and hit one of the champs twice, and just stand back after that – get silver or bronze participation and get full loot. Participation rates have already dropped dramatically on Yaks – there’s no reason to go through the frustration.

*Edited to add…numbers dropped – and we had maybe 20 people on Blue this time. Took 11 minutes to down her – again continuous uptime – hitting between 1.2 and 3.5K per shot – Gold level participation – and no loot!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

(edited by Eliandal.8735)

Posted by: Eggs On Legs.4805

Eggs On Legs.4805

bumped to keep this thread nr the top in hope of an answer

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Seriously though the worst thing is not the bug, but the lack of communication from a moderator, a small post to let us know they are aware of the problem and are fixing it, or that we are doing something wrong or unaware of something. The lack of communication between ANet and their player-base is disgusting considering how amazing it was in the beginning.

ANet, We love your game, its why we play it, you don’t have to worry about scaring us off by admitting their is problems, just let us know, that you know the problem is real and let us know your working on it and a vast vast portion of the player base will happily wait for you to fix it.

What we cant handle, is the silence.

This!

Posted by: skepticck.9714

skepticck.9714

Killed all 3 no loot from any, it was the first time i killed any in 2 days, so how the hell are we supposed to get any cores, before they were a rare drop now they are no drop, why is this not being addressed by Anet?

Posted by: Booey Bubblehead.4890

Booey Bubblehead.4890

TC Server. Participated fully in all three Knight’s and got no loot on any of the three.

Step it up devs and fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

same thing happening here anet how come u no read and fix.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Warlord.9074

anet doesn’t care it seems.

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

This is a copy and paste from the release notes for this event: “Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes and a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core, which can be used to color the Tempered Spinal Blades back item.” They can be found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-4-2014

It clearly states that the Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes. It then goes on to say that there is a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core. It does not say that there is a chance at 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes.

On launch day, March 4, I ran the Knights once and received 6 Deluxe Gear Boxes from each one of them and did not hear about anybody having any issues with loot during my run. When I logged in on March 5, my game updated and the first thing that I did was go to Lion’s Arch to run the event and I received zero loot from the Knights despite the fact that I received gold level participation for each of them. I submitted an in game bug report because this is clearly a bug. I also submitted a customer support ticket to have them send me the Deluxe Gear Boxes that they owe me and I will not be participating in the event until it is both fixed and I am compensated properly. I suggest that everybody else do the same thing because they may be able to ignore the forums, but if there are thousands of in game bug reports and customer support tickets flowing in, it will make it tough on them. I do understand that the 6 that I received from each Knight on March 4 was 1 too many, but most everybody now seems to be receiving 5 too few.

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

This is a copy and paste from the release notes for this event: “Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes and a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core, which can be used to color the Tempered Spinal Blades back item.” They can be found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-4-2014

It clearly states that the Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes. It then goes on to say that there is a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core. It does not say that there is a chance at 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes.

On launch day, March 4, I ran the Knights once and received 6 Deluxe Gear Boxes from each one of them and did not hear about anybody having any issues with loot during my run. When I logged in on March 5, my game updated and the first thing that I did was go to Lion’s Arch to run the event and I received zero loot from the Knights despite the fact that I received gold level participation for each of them. I submitted an in game bug report because this is clearly a bug. I also submitted a customer support ticket to have them send me the Deluxe Gear Boxes that they owe me and I will not be participating in the event until it is both fixed and I am compensated properly. I suggest that everybody else do the same thing because they may be able to ignore the forums, but if there are thousands of in game bug reports and customer support tickets flowing in, it will make it tough on them. I do understand that the 6 that I received from each Knight on March 4 was 1 too many, but most everybody now seems to be receiving 5 too few.

Posted by: Iluvatar.4967

Iluvatar.4967

Ok i did what you said, now I’m waiting for an answer

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

My guess is they want to wait until they know what’s causing the bug before talking about it. It’s like the 3rd bug in a row for just one update. They’re starting to look bad.

Posted by: ebbhead.6098

ebbhead.6098

Same here. Did the complete Event two times and no chests from the three knights.

Warlord.9074

my guess is they are too busy having meetings and pointing fingers and trying to decide who is getting fired than fix the problem.

Posted by: Rick.5781

Rick.5781

Just did 6 kills, no loot.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Tweet them. Fb and Twitter grabs their aggro like nothin else, sad current truth.

This cracked me up. I’m one of those people that gets mental pictures of things people say at times and I remembered this picture I’d seen (likely as my son was on reddit or something).. The poor rep who handles the social media would be like this picture..

edit- redid the pic to be smaller and with no worded border.

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I want to emphasize that this bug also happens frequently with the Karka Queen. I imagine it’s very similar in origin. Maybe that will help a developer find a solution.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Aideya.9065

Aideya.9065

No loot here either. Even right on patch day, only 1 of the 3 I helped kill dropped boxes.

Aideya Haesch
(JQ) Jade Quarry
Guild Founder of KarmaGaming [KA]

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

Also receiving no loot. Any communication from Anet on this would be greatly appreciated

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

I’m personally not killing anymore of them. I’m at 13 killed with loot on one. That’s around 2 hours of time actually wasted killing them. Not to mention time wasted in zone waiting. Time spent farming stupid blades to make sure I had enough for 2 BPs with no chance at looting cores. I’m putting in a ticket for my 60 boxes. I’d recommend everyone else do the same. #AssaultKnightsLootBroken Sorry to people who haven’t killed hologram.

Rick.5781

The real problem is that you’ve lost out on 13 chances to get power cores. Those wont be reimbursed even if they gave you the 60 boxes. The boxes are pointless and just so you dont completely waste your time when they inevitably dont drop the power cores. ANet figures if they give you some crap, we will forget the fact that this entire game is based on dumb luck and RNG.

Rick.5781

My guess is they just don’t care.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

I have to say that it’s also a little odd that they haven’t merged these two identical threads yet. They’ve been the top two for at least two days now and no moderator manipulation.

A couple days ago I made a thread concerning the blue Knight resetting to full health as a bug, not seeing that there was already a thread about this. My thread was merged with the existing one within 10 minutes of posting it.

I’m starting to think for some reason the forums aren’t being moderated at the moment. The lack of reply and action from ArenaNet these last couple days are starting to be worrisome. I hope everyone’s alright over there.

I live pretty close to ArenaNet headquarters so maybe I’ll swing by and make sure they are o.k. If everyone’s been out sick I’d be happy to bring over some chicken noodle soup and a box of tissues.

Get well soon ArenaNet

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~