Asura Rifle Angle Bug 2: Bug Harder

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

While the 9/17 patch fixed the previously reported issue with Flamethrower and Fumigate aiming through the ground, I’ve found that there are still issues with the attack angle of a lot of rifle animations for Asura.

I believe the issue may revolve around how the rifle lifts to the correct angle too slowly. Looking at the animation for Elixir Gun skill 3 Fumigate (shown in the last two attached files), you can see it initially points downward, and then lifts to the correct angle. Because the non “channeled” skills are instant it doesn’t give the animation time to rise to the correct angle.

/hugs
Mif

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

An update.

I’ve found the reason for all the downward shooting is related to camera angle. It seems that the game locks your firing angle to your camera angle when you run (and it stay there when you become stationary).

Since Asura characters are smaller, you are always looking down on them with you camera, so the rifle always shoots through the floor. If you are to move your camera behind your character, where you can’t see anything, it will shoot at the correct angle like other races.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria