(Asura female) My ears gets bigger?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

I’m playing an Asura female, and just did part of the story at level 20. Now here’s the thing: Right from the start, I wanted the ears to be short and as femine as possible. No sweat, just set them to as small and thin as possible, and pick the small ears. After testing her (Elemental, btw) up to ca level 15, I decided she was a keeper, but she would need a new haircut (bought from the Black Lion trading company.)

Though for the last few levels prior to this, I’ve started noticing how her ears pops out like horns when she’s in combat. This was because her ears were huge, and bends forward when she’s in combat. I thought this was weird, but when I changed her hair, I noticed she had entirely different ears than what I picked. They were even set to the biggest possible.

Now, at level 20, her ears are ginormous again (see picture). True, they aren’t bigger than what’s possible, so it’s not that. It’s just that I made an effort to make her ears extra small – twice, including when I gave her the haircut. And yet, here were are. It’s either a bug, or she’s REALLY looking forward to the live-action Dumbo movie. Hehehe.

Attachments:

Posted by: Control.8154

Control.8154

This happens with male Asuras too! I hate it. It makes it look like they have horns.

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

I don’t think it’s a bug. It’s been this way for a while. It’s to indicate they are alert I suspect. After the battle is over the ears will go back down. Happens to all my Asura as well (male and female alike).

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

This isn’t a bug, it is how Asura’s combat stance is. Like Cath said, it is because they go into an “alert” mode, I find it adorable.

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

I don’t think it’s a bug. It’s been this way for a while. It’s to indicate they are alert I suspect. After the battle is over the ears will go back down. Happens to all my Asura as well (male and female alike).

I think you misunderstand me a bit. While I don’t know when the ear-moving was introduced (or has it been that way all along?), I am perfectly fine with it. In fact, I love the ear-moving now that I’ve started paying attention to it.

However, the problem I am having is that the ears are much bigger than they are supposed to be. And by that, I mean I first made sure the ears are as small as possible during character creation, and they stayed small a long time. But I started noticing that my asura has “horns” when she’s in combat, and felt that looked strange. So when I gave her a new haircut, I made sure to check the ears too. And yes, they were set to much bigger than they were supposed to be. I changed them back to small ears, but as you can see from the picture, they are back to really big ears. Again, this has nothing to do about being in combat or not. They are too big either way.