Attention: Guild Bounty Missions Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

There is a current problem with Guild Bounty Missions and they are not functioning correctly.

We would advise guilds not to spend the influence to speed up the process to unlock the Guild Bounty Missions until such time that we are able to fix this error. We will keep you updated in this thread with regard to that fix.

Thank you.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

Is the influence needed a bug aswell ?
Small guilds can never reach that amount unless it’s based on percentage of the guild members.

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Is the influence needed a bug aswell ?
Small guilds can never reach that amount unless it’s based on percentage of the guild members.

My guild consists of three members and should not have any trouble earning the influence to do so. I don’t understand the unwarranted amounts of whining about the amount of influence required or that it’s unfair to smaller guilds; it’s not.

Grouping up while doing activities actually has a cap on the maximum number of people who can contribute towards that influence gain.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

Posted by: therealjaypo.1690

therealjaypo.1690

Then will we have the 300k influence my guild burned speeding this up refunded?

[SG] I’m here because I was in the comic book

Posted by: ajmaresh.5430

ajmaresh.5430

even my guild of 100 cant get that amount of influence efficiently it’ll take at least a month to get, plus having to wait to do content that was just released is a huge downer, it should have a temporary no build time… and not all of our guilds WvW so my guild has to waste 1000s of influence to get up to bounties or just the research for bounties this is just going to encourage smaller guilds to fall apart its like when a walmart comes into a small town…

(edited by ajmaresh.5430)

Posted by: Durden.5032

Durden.5032

+1 Bullshizle, how are we, small guilds/casual players guilds, going to get that much points ?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Thread derailed in record time.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: MaxTwelve.4725

MaxTwelve.4725

What he is trying to say, is that the Guild Bounty mission T1 was not able to be completed. We can see and kill some of the NPC’s, and recieve the one chest for the first kill and only a coin/Karma/xp thereafter.

Member of Acolytes Gaming Community
Http://www.acolytescommunity.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/AcolytesCommunity

Posted by: kenzuro.1073

kenzuro.1073

Stop complaining about the costs of Influence, this thread is not about that it is about the bugged mission panel.

Asiimar
Guardian of The Acolytes
www.acolytesgamingcommunity.com

Posted by: therealjaypo.1690

therealjaypo.1690

Stop complaining about the costs of Influence, this thread is not about that it is about the bugged mission panel.

There was no mention of UI until your post.

[SG] I’m here because I was in the comic book

Posted by: Vos.3086

Vos.3086

on some level you cant really blame them

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

It’s a shame. We just spent majority of our guild influence to unlock Bounty Hunting Missions. Hopefully this will be resolved soon so you don’t have unhappy kittens!

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

Am I correct in my conclusion that no Guild Missions will be completable until the Bounty category is fixed? From what I can tell, every other Mission type requires Merits, which means you have to complete Bounty Missions first before unlocking the other types.

This is very frustrating after we just spent 150,000 influence speeding it up. Most of that influence came from members donating gold to buy drinks at the Guild Promoter. Unless ANet fixes this bug in less that 31 hours, we just wasted all that gold buying influence.

I am sad.

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

Posted by: niwaar.5631

niwaar.5631

My guild consists of three members and should not have any trouble earning the influence to do so. I don’t understand the unwarranted amounts of whining about the amount of influence required or that it’s unfair to smaller guilds; it’s not.

Honestly, I just do not understand you not understanding. I also do not understand how you can be making 1k+ influence per day with a small 3 member guild.

My guild’s average online per day is between 7-12 members. We average ~500 influence per day whether we are merely doing instances or doing events/dailies. Our playtime is limited to 2-3 hours per day and since fractal participation STILL does not reward influence we have days where we make about 150 influence because our time online is relegated to fractals.

At our average influence levels it would take 73 days to go from AoW0 to AoW5 not to mention the other 30k worth of influence it would take to work towards unlocking the Bounties themselves.

I have zero problem with putting real amounts of influence to access the higher tiers of the content. However Tier 1 bounties should have been within the first 2-3 levels of a section and not Rank 5. They should have cost 5-10k to unlock tier1, and 20k for 2 and 30k for 3. Instead of just 30k for everything.

Posted by: Xx Legacy xX.4027

Xx Legacy xX.4027

Honestly, I just do not understand you not understanding. I also do not understand how you can be making 1k+ influence per day with a small 3 member guild.

My guild’s average online per day is between 7-12 members. We average ~500 influence per day whether we are merely doing instances or doing events/dailies. Our playtime is limited to 2-3 hours per day and since fractal participation STILL does not reward influence we have days where we make about 150 influence because our time online is relegated to fractals.

At our average influence levels it would take 73 days to go from AoW0 to AoW5 not to mention the other 30k worth of influence it would take to work towards unlocking the Bounties themselves.

I have zero problem with putting real amounts of influence to access the higher tiers of the content. However Tier 1 bounties should have been within the first 2-3 levels of a section and not Rank 5. They should have cost 5-10k to unlock tier1, and 20k for 2 and 30k for 3. Instead of just 30k for everything.

My girlfriend and I started a 2 person guild a little over a month ago with just us in it to unlock the guild bank for extra storage. We have up to level three research in every category done, an armorsmith, a weaponsmith, guild bank (lowest level), and 8500 spare influence to save up for future needs. Depending how much time we have per day (which is usually under 2 or 3 hours, both being full time undergrads), it is relatively easy to reach at least 800 or 900 influence a day.

Though you did seem to acknowledge your own problem, seeing as you are aware most of your members are doing fractals for essentially 0 influence reward.

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

Every patch, every single one launches with problems like this. It’s past time you started a Public Test Server to iron these issues out before they are put into the live client.

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

+1 Bullshizle, how are we, small guilds/casual players guilds, going to get that much points ?

You aren’t! Neither is my <10 player sPvP guild getting any fun.

Time to move on, people. Nothing to see here. Inb4 infraction.

Leman

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

Regina,

Will something be done for the guilds who already spent the influence and let you guys know that the UI was broken?

Acolytes [Aco] purchased and sped up the Guild Bounty with 330k influence – most of which was purchased using gems purchased with real money to be able to do the Guild Missions today. We started the Guild Bounty missions long before this announcement was made. We have hunted and defeated over a dozen Guild Bounties tonight, but with the UI broken we are unable to actually complete the triggered missions.

It’s a ton of fun and we don’t want refunds of our money or gems – but could we be refunded the influence since we spent hundreds of dollars for something that isn’t yet available? This was all queued and purchased before the announcement was made that the UI was broken. It’s likely that most of your reports came from our 40 members we had hunting down mobs without the hints and crashing when we tried to view the Active Missions tab.

Here’s a link to a screenshot of my guild panel open, showing Guild Bounties unlock being completed. It also shows how much influence we purchased and I have my inventory open to show that I actually received Guild Commendations.
http://imgur.com/PjLMUz5

This is a great update and we did have a ton of fun hunting and killing the mobs without hints. I just hope that we’re somehow compensated for the money, time and effort that we put into helping find this evil bug.

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

How does this even get to the live servers? It’s like there was no testing done at all or something.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

I like how Anet can’t even be bothered to reply to anyone’s concerns. Since day 1 my Black Lion is almost always bugged, every new update is untested before it is launched, now they release this messed up update as well as once again changing AC em for who knows what reason, and no matter how many times you tweet them with problems they’d rather reply to funny pictures people post (ie. otters). There is no forethought in their updates. We actually purposely as a guild did not spend any influence yet on the Guild Missions (or lack there of) because we knew it was going to be bugged for several days at least. No surprise there…

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

a new feature turns out to have a game breaking bug within the first day – sunrise, sunset.

100s of dollars.. what the hell, you people are just nuts.

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

So… did you guys just fix it?

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

This issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!

Posted by: Zasa.7154

Zasa.7154

You really need to implement a Public Test Server to prevent issues that you seem to be unable to prevent due to lack of adequate testing. I really like this game but am very frustrated because it seems every time you launch anything new, it is broken before it gets to be used.

I am sorry if you do not like my statements and if you infract me for telling you how I feel about this then you are actually letting yourselves down as well as the community.

An issue that takes all of 10 hours to resolve does not call for a test server. Suck it up and enjoy the now fixed game.

Edit: And I mean that in the nicest possible way

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

The trick is WvW. I’m in a 15 person guild, we make more than 1K per day. Even more if we pop the +influence from group events upgrade. Of course, we spend a lot of influence already on WvW upgrades….

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Tweekon.2510

Tweekon.2510

If you’re in a small 3 person guild and want to do this new content – join a big guild. Simple. If you don;t want to do that accept that it is your choice, and leave it be.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Dunno, how did you gain Influence so far? We are 3-5 active players and we’re burning Influence on consumables because we have little else to do with it.

I really don’t get where the current income is supposed to be slow. 80k sounds like a lot, but it really isn’t for an unlock. If it were a consumable, then yes, that’d be harsh.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

so... about guilds that spent alot of influence to speed up the unlock?

what happens to them again?......

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

You really need to implement a Public Test Server to prevent issues that you seem to be unable to prevent due to lack of adequate testing. I really like this game but am very frustrated because it seems every time you launch anything new, it is broken before it gets to be used.

I am sorry if you do not like my statements and if you infract me for telling you how I feel about this then you are actually letting yourselves down as well as the community.

An issue that takes all of 10 hours to resolve does not call for a test server. Suck it up and enjoy the now fixed game.

Edit: And I mean that in the nicest possible way

Well if it were only one or two random events I would agree with you, but it seems that every time new content/patch comes along a lot of bugs are introduced as well. And a lot of bugs that were in the game from launch, still break too frequently and some even have remained broken still.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thank you for your feedback, everyone. While we value your opinions, this is the bug forum, and this thread has gone off-topic from the original issue. If you would like to discuss this issue further, please post in the General Discussion thread.

As this issue has been resolved, this thread will now be closed.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed