Audio Log Collector missing?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: bclock.5320

bclock.5320

Hi everyone!

just wanted to know if the Audio Log collectors are missing or if I’m just blind. I can’t find them on the maps. I wanted to finish my monthly but it seems that after the patch they are gone.

So are they missing or am I just missing them?

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Thanks for the heads-up.

Could you please provide information on the status of these NPCs in the following areas:

• Wayfarer Foothills
  • Snowden Drifts
  • Plains of Ashford
  • Diessa Plateau
  • Iron Marches

Are the markers (collector icon that looks like a bowl, located on the map/above the NPC’s head) just missing or are the NPCs missing?

Are some NPCs (whether marked or not) there, and others missing, or are they all gone?

What World are you on?

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

(edited by Regina Buenaobra.6193)

Posted by: Xiomaraze.8347

Xiomaraze.8347

Not the OP but I am on Aurora Glade EU and the NPCs icons are gone. In Wayfarer, Diessa they are gone, in Ashford the npc is there just not marked. I don’t know where i would find the Iron Marches guy.

Edit: The Iron Marches and Snowden are both there and marked.

(edited by Xiomaraze.8347)

Posted by: Beleeth.9162

Beleeth.9162

Gate of Madness

Wayfarer foofthills = No collector NPC nor Icon Marker in the map
Plains of Ashford = Collector NPC is there not the Icon Marker in the map
Diessa Plateau = No Collector NPC nor Icon Marker in the map

(edited by Beleeth.9162)

Posted by: Beleeth.9162

Beleeth.9162

Not the OP but I am on Aurora Glade EU and the NPCs icons are gone. In Wayfarer, Diessa they are gone, in Ashford the npc is there just not marked. I don’t know where i would find the Iron Marches guy.

If you want to go and try to find the one in iron marches or the one in snowden drifts check this link

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sonic_Periscope_Audio_Log

Posted by: Sedith.5381

Sedith.5381

All the NPCs disappeared just after the patch on Far Shiverpeaks. We figure it was planned in the patch and luckily I didn’t need those to finish the monthly achievement. But anyone who was planning on finishing this today has a problem now :/

Posted by: Xiomaraze.8347

Xiomaraze.8347

All the NPCs disappeared just after the patch on Far Shiverpeaks. We figure it was planned in the patch and luckily I didn’t need those to finish the monthly achievement. But anyone who was planning on finishing this today has a problem now :/

For the moment, if you are struggling and on a European Server, AG’s Snowden Audio log collector is still on the map and marked there.

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

Don’t think it was planned – otherwise the Sonic Periscopes would be gone as well

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I am standing in Wayfarer Foothills near Snowloard’s Gate in front of the missing items npc, usually the collector npc is just across from this one.

Yak’s Bend server
Collector npc missing: see screen shot.

Attachments:

Posted by: Psilence.2859

Psilence.2859

I also encountered this bug and it prevented me from completing the monthly achievement. Still finding sonic periscopes but the collectors for them disappeared after the patch early in the day and before I could turn mine in (on the last day for the April Monthly achievement which I was at 3/4 on.) The collectors still hadn’t returned after the subsequent patches last I checked as of a few hours ago (around 11pm EDT).

Very upset about missing out on the monthly reward due to a bug and hoping the rewards can be reimbursed for those affected!

Posted by: Psilence.2859

Psilence.2859

Also, to answer the Dev’s questions, this was on Stormbluff Isle, both the icon and the Audio Log Collector NPC were missing for all the locations I checked, other NPCs were still present.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Missing collectors (on map and in-game) on HoD in Wayfarer and Diessa. Haven’t checked the other zones yet.

Edit: In Diessa, the icon does not show up on the map, but the collector IS there.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Legendary.8754

Legendary.8754

Underworld server, Audio Log Collectors missing from Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. Don’t know if they are missing from other locations. Confirmed that both icon and npc are missing on both locations.

Posted by: Ysuera Kypheni.5632

Ysuera Kypheni.5632

I can confirm the bug on the Far Shiverpeaks server (from yesterday).

Btw, there’s an other, newer forum topic on this issue. You may merge these two, if you want to.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Henge of Denravi server. The audio log collector is missing from Wayfarers foothills and there is a sonic telescope lying on its side where he was. Don’t know about the other sites.

Posted by: Reve.6895

Reve.6895

Server: Borlis Pass. The audio log collector NPCs in Wayfarer Foothills (along with their map markers) are missing. Only the memento collectors and their icons are left; however, the periscopes are popping up like weeds and still dropping logs. If there were any collectors in Snowden Drifts, they are gone too.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Tarnished Coast server.

Wayfarer Foothills – Audio log collector is missing. No map icon.
Snowden Drifts – Audio log collector is present with map icon.

I don’t know about the status of the collectors in Plains of Ashford, Diessa Plateau or Iron Marches.

Posted by: Legendary.8754

Legendary.8754

Underworld Server. Found the Diessa Plateau Audio Log Collector next to the map icon of the Living Story Scout. The Wayfarer is still missing.

Posted by: Deathtrap.6831

Deathtrap.6831

Ehmry Bay server. Wayfarer Foothills audio collector is missing and no map icon either (it’s been the case since the patch on 30 Apr).

Haven’t checked the other locations.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

After latest update, Borlis Pass Audio Log Collector still missing.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Orangejoose.6149

Orangejoose.6149

As of May 5th, 2013, Jade Quarry (US) server are missing all the Audio Log Collectors NPC as well

[EDIT] As of May 5th, one Audio Log Collector is present in Diessa Plateau on Jade Quarry, however, the NPC has not map icon or world view icon. Merely a normal NPC without much distinguishing features

(edited by Orangejoose.6149)