Auto attack bug - take a look

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lace.9472

Lace.9472

I was unable to find anything using the search.

My problem is sometimes I’ll be attacking something (usually with ranger short bow) but this is happening on other class/weapons too.

My auto attack will stop attacking, then I’ll click ‘1’ again and it will shoot once. Then I click ‘1’ again and it will shoot once again. It’s like my AK-47’s gone from automatic to single fire – and is very annoying.

There’s an option in the settings to not stop auto attacking when a target is changed or something – I’ve tried that but still getting this issue.

If anyone has any info on this please let me know.

Posted by: TheEhn.5920

TheEhn.5920

Are you hitting a normal mob or what? Because sometimes i get the same thing for example attacking dredge machines or something like that, i sometimes need to press 1 for each strike.

Phenom 955 @ 3,7 | 6950 @ 890 / 1270 |
Kingston HyperX Black limited 8Gb |
Sabertooth 990FX | Nexus RX-1K | Samsung F3 1Tb | Antec DF-85 |

Lace.9472

It’s mobs of any type and also players in PVP

(edited by Lace.9472)

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

For me it only seems to happen when i am shooting while moving

Posted by: VendettaDFA.9368

VendettaDFA.9368

I have only found that to occur if I lose my targeting ring. I dont think it’s a true bug. If I lose line of sight or only “look” in the mob direction to fire then I lose or never establish my auto-attack.

Lace.9472

I have only found that to occur if I lose my targeting ring. I dont think it’s a true bug. If I lose line of sight or only “look” in the mob direction to fire then I lose or never establish my auto-attack.

Just to clarify, when I then click ‘1’ again, it will do one single shot and not continue to auto attack. So I’m reduced to clicking for each attack after that.

Posted by: Quintosh.9613

Quintosh.9613

Are you attacking at the very max range? If you are as far as you can be when trying to hit the mob/boss it’s same the problem with every ranged weapon, to fix that you just need to move a step or two closer and the auto-attack should start working again. I’ve noticed this in TA end-bosses quite often. x.x