BL chest: Braham's outfit

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

A couple days ago I opened a black lion chest and it gave me Braham’s Woolfblood Outfit. The thing is, I already owned it since I purchased it from the gem shop. To my understanding I should have received a couple keys as compensation if it tries to give me something like that that I already owned.

Do note: I did contact customer support and they did mail me the 2 keys that I was suppose to get.

The bug here is the keys weren’t granted automatically when the chest tried to award me a bound-when-acquired wardrobe item I already owned

The other problem is, the black lion chest preview window still shows the outfit as a possible item. Which means, if I open more chests there’s a chance the game will bug out again and give me the outfit again. IMO, wardrobe unlocks in black lion chests that are bound when you acquire them should be automatically removed as possible rewards, to avoid bugs like this.

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Indeed, and the Team said they were looking into fixing it. The whole ‘already-unlocked-item’ mechanic needs work.

It’s like the new Messenger’s Travel Package in the Gem Store. It should adjust the price for already owning/unlocking the Wintersday Earmuffs, but it doesn’t, though it does adjust the price for already owning/unlocking Snow Owl Mail Carrier. Now, getting the Raven Mail Carrier again in the Wardrobe won’t award you a key. Weird. /shrug

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

Now, getting the Raven Mail Carrier again in the Wardrobe won’t award you a key. Weird. /shrug

The reason that the Raven Mail Carrier won’t give you keys is that it is not ACCOUNT bound. You can give/sell it to anyone you want, so you aren’t getting stuck with a useless account-bound item. The Raven Mail Carrier is SO common it’s virtually worthless on the TP, but since you CAN trade it, no free keys.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My bad. I thought it was like the Snow Owl Carrier, but I see that one is account-bound.

Nevertheless, if the price is adjusted for the Snow Owl Carrier, it should be for the Wintersday Earmuffs, as well. Both are account unlocks.

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

SarahWitter.2317

Next

A couple days ago I opened a black lion chest and it gave me Braham’s Woolfblood Outfit. The thing is, I already owned it since I purchased it from the gem shop. To my understanding I should have received a couple keys as compensation if it tries to give me something like that that I already owned.

Do note: I did contact customer support and they did mail me the 2 keys that I was suppose to get.

The bug here is the keys weren’t granted automatically when the chest tried to award me a bound-when-acquired wardrobe item I already owned

The other problem is, the black lion chest preview window still shows the outfit as a possible item. Which means, if I open more chests there’s a chance the game will bug out again and give me the outfit again. IMO, wardrobe unlocks in black lion chests that are bound when you acquire them should be automatically removed as possible rewards, to avoid bugs like this.

Hello,

We had tested the Braham Outfit/BLC flow that you mention before release and did not have that issue. Additionally, a team member had done the same behavior with the release that you mentioned (bought outfit from gem store, received as a BLC reward) and she received the keys as we’d expect. Is there anything else that was going on at that time that stood out to you, or any additional details. At this point we have been unable to reproduce that issue and are unable to provide a resolution until the issue can be found.

The Black Lion Chest Preview is intended to show what is available in the chest. It doesn’t update for your personal account, so I would expect for you to still be able to see the outfit. As mentioned above, the key replacement should apply if you receive the outfit from the chest again and you may have had a separate thing happen when you first experienced an issue.

Thank you for taking the time to write-in. If you have additional details, please do let us know.

Thank you,
Sarah

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Hello,

We had tested the Braham Outfit/BLC flow that you mention before release and did not have that issue. Additionally, a team member had done the same behavior with the release that you mentioned (bought outfit from gem store, received as a BLC reward) and she received the keys as we’d expect. Is there anything else that was going on at that time that stood out to you, or any additional details. At this point we have been unable to reproduce that issue and are unable to provide a resolution until the issue can be found.

The Black Lion Chest Preview is intended to show what is available in the chest. It doesn’t update for your personal account, so I would expect for you to still be able to see the outfit. As mentioned above, the key replacement should apply if you receive the outfit from the chest again and you may have had a separate thing happen when you first experienced an issue.

Thank you for taking the time to write-in. If you have additional details, please do let us know.

Thank you,
Sarah

Ticket #2460867

December 4th or 5th (customer support responded and mailed the keys on December 6th)
Character name: Pro Rage Quitter

I completed map complete of Kessex Hills and part of the reward was a black lion chest key. I had a single chest in my inventory and opened it. That’s when I got the outfit that I had already purchased from the gem shop.

I was in the water when I opened the chest. I don’t recall if the last point of interest was in the water or if I just happened to run into the water for some reason and decided to open my chest right there. I might have just got out of combat mode or was still in it when I opened the chest. I don’t recall.

I kept the outfit in that character’s inventory, but deleted it when customer support mailed me the keys.

I’m assuming customer support had checked my account activity first to see if I did get the outfit from a black lion chest as I claimed, instead of just taking my word for it and mailing me the keys.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Thank you for sending this along! I’ll see if we can find additional information to aid in us reproducing it.

Happy release day!

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Don’t remember all the specifics, but I had opened a chest on one character and got one of the unique items. I didn’t store it, and kept it on that character. I opened a chest on a second character, and received the same unique item, no keys. No requests, just some additional information.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Posted by: Tanuk.7961

Tanuk.7961

I just had this same thing happen to me last night. I created a support ticket Ticket #2480820. Only in my case it was the Infinirarium Glider skin. I got it 4 times I think. The first one that unlocked it, then 2 others that i did get the keys for, but the final one did not convert to the BL keys. All I did was buy the 25 key pack and proceeded to open 25 BL chests back to back.

Evan Lesh:The matchmaker just prefers to put
doodoo heads with doodoo heads. It doesn’t
change the skill level of doodoo heads you’re playing against.