BROKEN: Emote Double Name & Range

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bahati.5914

Bahati.5914

There are people on the Guild Wars 2 Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2) offering feedback on the emote changes via commentary on the post announcing the Feature Pack being live. I encourage you all to post there, as well as to nudge at the GW2 Twitter account (http://twitter.com/GuildWars2) to help encourage a change. As has been mentioned above, it’s the squeaky wheel that gets the grease, and this is just such a bafflingly terrible change to quality of play that it really needs to be remedied.

Quoting this because it’s important so people will see it.

Posted by: Morsheira.6102

Morsheira.6102

Player A: Player A needs to think someone from the team needs to take a good long look at how this appears. Lets play spot the redundancy. If this was a school project, they’d have failed. Just saying.

Posted by: prince.3681

prince.3681

I popped into a tavern last night and tried to RP with people, but on a whole it was really frustrating with the emote updates. A lot of people have migrated to /say because of the doubling and range problems. It’s ridiculous.

People shouldn’t feel forced to move to /say because /emote is SO broken that it’s practically unusable.

Posted by: Murke.7193

Murke.7193

Murke: Murke wishes for a name to appear only once per emote.

Attachments:

Posted by: thebeccabeast.3571

thebeccabeast.3571

Why. Why would making something repeat a name be a thing that seemed like a good idea. And by that I am not actually asking why because I am sure it is a side effect of something the Devs thought was helping, but what I am saying is — please no. If it can be fixed, please fix it because it looks awful, and its distracting as heck.

And of course say/emote range, it is a flag I will wave eternally because it just leads to unintentional spamming and intentional spamming and is ruffling community feathers, dag nabit

(edited by thebeccabeast.3571)

Bahati.5914

This is broken, the range is absurdly huge (and needs to be scaled down to /say). Bahati: Bahati Bahati: Bahati Bahati Bahati: Bahati.

Morsheira.6102

Perhaps if we wish to be heard we need to keep the wishlist simple. This time around, just fix the whole custom emote whatever they thing they did so we can at least not break our immersion with every post we try to read. Really it is an assault on the visuals.

Posted by: Requiemcliff.1920

Requiemcliff.1920

Yeah, I am not sure if it is a bug or intended, but it is rather annoying and I’d love to see it turned back to the way it was if possible.

Bahati.5914

Perhaps if we wish to be heard we need to keep the wishlist simple. This time around, just fix the whole custom emote whatever they thing they did so we can at least not break our immersion with every post we try to read. Really it is an assault on the visuals.

If they are going to go in and fix it why not just fix the ENTIRE problem? We support this game, we buy up everything in the gemstore (please never give me a total money spent anet, i would die), and we recommend this to our friends aka other RPers who want to play with us.

We’re not demanding “too much.” PvE and PvPers demand far more. Keep the pressure up until we get a response.

Morsheira.6102

Oh I am in no way stating we are asking too much, infact we rarely ask for anything in this game. However it seems to be the simple fact that in RPer requests being ignored on such a frequent basis, if we keep asking for a variety of things we’ll never get them. Because you know, RPers most certainly don’t over-spend at the gem store just for pretty things for their characters. No. Never Player A: Player A is being sarcastic.

Bahati.5914

Bahati: Bahati agrees.

(And what gets me is that WvW people are complaining about it too but still no response)

Posted by: Psybeams.8237

Psybeams.8237

I’m here to support this thread and the people (which includes myself) that are asking for a response about this issue. I fully understand just how hard this team works and everything they give to the players, but so many (and not just us, the roleplayers) are complaining about this problem and a response would be immensely appreciated. Whether this was intentional or not, I believe the grand majority of us would love to have it fixed/back the way it was prior to the patch.

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

Hystery: Hystery thumbs up this post and naively hopes it wasn’t an intended change.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

I don’t know why this was changed. If it’s to help with griefing, having the names show up twice is worse. Think about the person with the super long character name…showing up twice! It’s definitely an eyesore and a disappointment. Reverting back to how it was trumps being able to click the name.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Posted by: MeridianPuppeter.8394

MeridianPuppeter.8394

Honestly, -please- do something about these issues. Don’t ignore us again, you’ve been ignoring us for -far- too long, Anet…

Posted by: Taco.4275

Taco.4275

Taco Taco thinks thinks you you guys guys are are just just complaining complaining about about nothing nothing. This this change change is working working as intended intended. Perhaps perhaps this this is how how Anet Anet communicates communicates.

Seriously. What the hell were they thinking when they made this change?

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

yes absolutely fix the custom emoting asap

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Celenyar.1065

Celenyar.1065

Yes can we please get this fixed ANet!

Posted by: Cream.5361

Cream.5361

This is definitely a bug, it will be fixed one would assume after the major issues from the patch are?

Morsheira.6102

One can only hope. You know, with the launch of Archage in a few days, they chose a really bad time to be ignoring outcry about such matters. Just food for thought Anet.

(edited by Morsheira.6102)

Posted by: Iludhra.3085

Iludhra.3085

It’d be lovely to get some official acknowledgement and/or feedback on this.

Posted by: Reakain.5274

Reakain.5274

I am really really really hoping this gets fixed quickly, because it just… Looks strange? And makes emotes very hard to read.

Morsheira.6102

We’re not going to get an official acknowledgement. They’ve responded to threads with far less replies and this one is still sitting here with nothing. They see it as an RP complaint and as we all know satisfying the RPers is the low rung on the ladder.

Bahati.5914

Not gonna stop until we get some answers about this issue.

Anet, you already received massive backlash about lack of transparency. Can’t you at least extend the favor of speaking to people by talking to your RPers?

Posted by: Luridel.5728

Luridel.5728

I do hope this is a bug that will be fixed rather than intended behavior.

Iludhra.3085

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Hey all! I want to let you know, that was one of the things we’ve been working on today and it was part of the hotfix that just went out! “Custom emotes no longer add the sender’s name.”

Iludhra.3085

Thank you so much!

Bahati.5914

Thank you so much RubiBayer for keeping us updated! We appreciate this

Posted by: Zagzag.7901

Zagzag.7901

Thanks for the fix, it’s great to see emotes working in a sensible way again!

Posted by: NewtonCrosbyPhD.4395

NewtonCrosbyPhD.4395

Thanks ever so much for fixing this as quickly, guys! Kudos to you!

Posted by: Merrigan.5021

Merrigan.5021

Yay! Thank you so much!

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

Wohoo! Thanks!

Roleplayer.

Posted by: Rhea.9836

Rhea.9836

Thank you so much for fixing this so quickly

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

Wow. I’m amazed to see both an official response AND a fix in such a short notice. Colour me impressed!

No one hears you.

Posted by: gaelicvixen.6401

gaelicvixen.6401

Thank you all sooo much for fixing this! It made “emote conversations” super awkward