[BUG] 10/7 patch - stuck on loading screens in spvp [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Scapogo.6047

Scapogo.6047

Its not just sPVP it happens in WvWvW also and a lot. If you runf of your invading keep on borderlands it tryes to load something and get stuck. It doesnt happen on another 2 routes out from respawn.

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

first reported at 4am this morning, still happening. Wow. This should have been fixed within the hour. Now an entire section of the game is unplayable.

Posted by: Jerry Higmenson.5817

Jerry Higmenson.5817

Happening to me and my friend. We noticed that it seems to be the first death of the match every 30 minutes or so.

Posted by: Stingger.3276

Stingger.3276

Got same problem here already restarted gw2 like 10 times today

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Same problem here. Stucked on the loading screen after death 5 times now.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: BioHazard.2147

BioHazard.2147

While in Free Tournaments myself and several other guildies are getting stuck in a loading screen after deaths. The game will either bump us to a loading screen with a continuous loading circle or at the start of the game bumps out to another loading screen.

Please fix… It’s effecting many players and ruining tPvP.

Posted by: Apoteka.6471

Apoteka.6471

How about a fix ? Almost 6 hours allways the same bug and nothing changed….

Posted by: Kizoja.8095

Kizoja.8095

This happened to me once either during beta or shortly after release, but only that one time pre-patch. Post-patch, it has happened to me once yesterday, 3 times to me today (2 within 30 minutes), and once to my brother today. It’s getting really annoying.

This isn’t only an issue with this patch. It happened to me way before the patch before, but the patch has made it extremely more frequent.

Edit: 5th time today.
Edit 2: 6th.

(edited by Kizoja.8095)

Posted by: kartana.3769

kartana.3769

Same here. Happens almost all the time now…

(edited by kartana.3769)

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Getting stuck on loading screen when being auto-balanced too =/

Posted by: Fire.8591

Fire.8591

Started happening last night after the patch (two times) just assuming it was a fluke. Now 24 hours later it is still happening. tpvp is really frustrating right now.

Posted by: Tom Chesterson.6905

Tom Chesterson.6905

Man, this really makes PvP unenjoyable. Fort Aspenwood’s mists are just packed full of people chatting because of this. :/

Posted by: Stormie.4560

Stormie.4560

impossible to run tourny’s fairly

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This has happened twice quickitteno me. I will die in sPVP (first time in capricorn, second in foefire). I will choose to respawn, and then get stuck on the loading screen, and never respawn. The only way to get out is to restart the game. My internet is working fine, and this has never happened to me before the most recent patch. Anyone know whats going on?

Edit: The filter is catching q u i c kitten o m e . seriously?
Edit 2: Oh come on. l y t o. what is wrong with those 4 letters?

Posted by: shalmont.2539

shalmont.2539

Its just getting worse and worse, i guess ill just take a week off till they figure this out…………

actually this is a good time to go try out mist of pandoria, brb <3

shalmont.2539

theres a post about this already buddy

but yeah its happening to loads of people, game is utterly broken at the current state

Posted by: Brutilicus.8570

Brutilicus.8570

I’ve gotten it on death as well as autobalance change on multiple maps (at least Capricorn and Kyhlo)

Posted by: Revelc.4253

Revelc.4253

Also, this is triggering on auto balance.

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Happened three times in free tourney. I WAS ON A WINNING TEAM TOO

Posted by: Morkai.7645

Morkai.7645

Since the latest patch every 1 out of 3 games or so I get stuck in a loading screen after I die. I can hear the players around me, sound effects, and the music but cant get back to the game. I have to wait for the match to be over before it kicks me to next match. Weird thing is in the next match the announcer is still making announcements about points in the last game. Anyone experience this?

Posted by: TwoDerivative.7286

TwoDerivative.7286

I am having the same problem. This is how it happens: I get defeated. Next, I hit the re spawn button, and then I get the infinite loading screen. I didn’t use to have this problem and I have been playing since beta. It’s just been these last few days that I’ve had the problem. I am not 100% sure if this is a bug or just my laptop (I am guessing a bug though) but it’s super annoying because the only way to get out of the infinite loading screen is to force the game to shut down through crl+alt+delete, alt+F4, etc or wait for the next match (I never do). If I try to immediately log back in, after closing the program, it always crashes my laptop too. If I wait like 5 mins, and then try logging back again it doesn’t crash it, but of course I have been disconnected from the match. I could not finish A LOT of matches because of this. It’s very annoying and I hope it’s not cheating me out of a lot of glory (because I not finishing the matches).

Posted by: Andyman.5863

Andyman.5863

I too am having this very same issue, and like you I have to close the game using alt+f4 and restart my client. This only occurs in the spvp and after a death.

Posted by: Stormie.4560

Stormie.4560

still not fixed :/

Posted by: savage.3469

savage.3469

just logged back in, its still happening. and im off again :P

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

As an update, we’re still working on this as a priority item, and we believe we’re getting close to a potential solution. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

1/5 times when i go into a loading screen in WvW it freezes and gets stuck at the circle loading nonstop – im forced to forceclose my game and lose my WvW position.

almost always happens when i zone in the puzzle.

this has been going on since launch.

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

This is getting worse. Now I can’t even log into my characters that are in the heart of the mists. Endless loading screen there too… and seeing as all my characters are parked in the heart of the mists I cannot play the game right now. Worst bug ever.

(edited by Aether McLoud.1975)

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Making a new character works, but all my characters (ALL OF THEM) are in the heart of the mists and when I try to log in with one of them I get the endless loading screen bug.

So after this horrible patch nerfing my main (already the weakest class anyway) and not even fixing gamebreaking bugs like Ride the Lightning, now I can’t even play the game?

Worst. Patch. Ever. Well second to worst, the SWTOR patch that rolled back a complete planet was worse

Posted by: dutchusuk.2801

dutchusuk.2801

happens to me since the last patch

Euc Alypta – Necromancer – Dynasty Warriors / The Northern Assembly – DW / TNA
Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Tantrasil.7634

Tantrasil.7634

Fix this crap like right now. Happens on 75% of the games and is very frustrating in tPvP.

I even started a thread in the bug forums about a month or so ago about this issue which probably didn’t get looked at. Good job Anet, i thought you looked over every thread? Guess not.

Posted by: niwaar.5631

niwaar.5631

Its interesting to see that there aren’t people complaining about this happening in WvW as well. Since this has happened a number of times to friends of mine when they use the waypoints or enter Obsidian Sanctum.

Posted by: Amonshire.5781

Amonshire.5781

Sometimes when i die at spvp loading screen appears and it just load until next game starts (noticed this only last 2 days). So basically sometimes i spend whole game with loading screen.
Dont know if this is already reported but its pretty annoying thing.

Posted by: Zeraphax.4756

Zeraphax.4756

This has happened to me as well. It was particularly bad during the 5th reset, which made WvW impossible due to a reque after each day as the map simply would not reload. After the latest patch it appears to be happening to me les often, but it has occured during sPvP and WvW since as well.

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Seems to trigger when a lot of sounds are played at the time of death. This bug isn’t new, it’s been around since release, just finally now seems to be getting some attention, lol.

Posted by: Tantrasil.7634

Tantrasil.7634

Fix this kitten now. It’s seriously happened to me every game for 4 games now which equals a loss.

DO A HOTFIX!

This is so ridiculous and can’t even play the kitten game. Tired of it.

What happened to that potential fix? That was 8 hours ago.

(edit) It has nothing to do with sound unless 1 person can create so much sound that it happens.

(edited by Tantrasil.7634)

Posted by: Illoan.6078

Illoan.6078

yeha 3 days now no s/tpvp ;(

(edited by Illoan.6078)

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

this is getting plain silly. 3 days, same game stopping bug. No fix. If this is the future of this game can’t say I’ll be playing much longer.

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

This has to get fixed now. Our guild is losing to no talent pug groups because it ends up 2v5 or 3v5 for half the match.

If the recent Patch Breaks more things than it fixes, do a Patch Roll Back until you can test it out properly. Where’s the Quality Control?

At the time it certainly doesn’t feel like they are “focusing heavily on PvP”. I’d hate to see what’s not getting done on something they aren’t “focusing heavily on”.

(edited by Theplayboy.6417)

Posted by: Axis Rahl.2584

Axis Rahl.2584

This happened to me occasionally before but definitely more frequent today. I’d say between 1/5 or 2/5 of my deaths lead to eternal loading screen. Have to alt-f4 to get out of it, or wait until the next game starts.

on a related note, does karma accumulate during the match or are we missing out on earned karma when we are forced to leave a game because of this?

Posted by: deltablues.1872

deltablues.1872

Getting stuck almost once every game.. This is pretty terrible.

shalmont.2539

still happening almost 4 days later :|

what in the world………

Posted by: Nkrdbl.8160

Nkrdbl.8160

still happening almost 4 days later :|

what in the world………

The patch was live on October 7th. Today is October 9th (in the US), unless of course you are in Europe where it is actually October 10th now (roughly 3AM I believe). Regardless, that’s 2-3 days and not 4. I realize you said almost 4 days, though. Also if you look at the first post in this thread it was started yesterday.

This issue is also effecting me and I agree that it is certainly an annoyance, but we know that they are working to resolve it.

As an update, we’re still working on this as a priority item, and we believe we’re getting close to a potential solution. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

It says “incredible”.

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

maybe they could work on fixing more than 1-2 bugs and implementing 4 more every patch, i’m really getting tired of this.

this is why they had patch test servers on EVERY OTHER MMO

Posted by: Fire.8591

Fire.8591

You would think after having it been a “priority item” for so long it would be fixed. Just lost another match because of it!

Posted by: Burrfish.6408

Burrfish.6408

Still happening, not too pleased, but glad to see it’s being worked on.

Posted by: Fingolfin.7451

Fingolfin.7451

I’m constantly stuck in sPvP loading screen when i die and i m trying to go back to the waypoint,and i have to restart the client.Fix please.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

This has never happened before but happens alot now after the updates. Game keeps loading after you die and never comes back. Ive lost idk how many points in spvp to this.

Nkrdbl.8160

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-10-7-patch-stuck-on-loading-screens-in-spvp-Merged

^ See thread.

It says “incredible”.

(edited by Nkrdbl.8160)

Nkrdbl.8160

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-10-7-patch-stuck-on-loading-screens-in-spvp-Merged

^ It’s been reported, and a developer has confirmed they are aware of it and working on it.

It says “incredible”.

Posted by: TwoDerivative.7286

TwoDerivative.7286

Wow, this bug has only gotten worse over the hours. I am getting an infinite loading screen in Heart of the Mists now as well. This is terrible because all 5 of my characters happen to be in Heart of the Mists. There’s no way I am deleting one of them (they all have pieces of wolf rank stuff, etc) just to play but, who knows, maybe in time I’ll lose my patience.
I am glad to hear it’s being worked on as a priority item because I seriously won’t be able to log in until it’s fixed.