[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Leteney.6497

Leteney.6497

My miniature gets automaticly hidden/unchecked and stays that way until I open minis panel and turn it back on manually.

From what I’ve observed so far minis get disabled automaticaly in two cases:
1.When player starts gliding, their mini gets turned off in hero panel.
2.When map becomes full. There’s even in game message that informs you about it.

In both of those cases your mini gets automaticly turned back on either when you stop gliding and touch the ground or when players leave the map and it population decreases , respectively.

The bug seems to occur when both of those cases happen together i.e. when you glide on map that’s full.

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My experience is different. I have had minis remain hidden without ‘culling’ (the term the devs use to describe your case 2, which can happen if there are a lot of players|effects near you, regardless of whether the map is full). I’ve had minis remain visible after gliding.

However, we can both agree that when the game hides minis, it doesn’t always turn them back on.

So I’d urge the devs to change the underlying mechanics to use two flags (instead of the apparent single flag):

• The player flag is set from the hero panel and never changes.
  • The game flag is set by circumstances: when the conditions are true, the mini is hidden, otherwise it follows the player’s choice.
  • Ideally, there would be a separate toggle for WvW|PvP. (Or minis would be stealthed when the player’s character is.)

Whatever the issue or solution is, I’m guessing it’s difficult to resolve, since this issue has been in the game since HoT’s release.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

Leteney.6497

Yes, I’ve noticed as well that it has been happening since HoT’s release, yet none has brought it to attention here.

However recently it seems to be happening more and more frequently as it has gotten to the point that I loose my mini not even half an hour later after I turn it back on every time. In fact I’ve given up on this by now and just leave it hidden all the time.

Yet, Anet still sells mini’s in gemstore and I haven’t seen a word about this issue before. It makes mini’s complettly uselles if I have to remember about turning them on every other 5 mins.

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

Yes, I’ve noticed as well that it has been happening since HoT’s release, yet none has brought it to attention here.

However recently it seems to be happening more and more frequently as it has gotten to the point that I loose my mini not even half an hour later after I turn it back on every time. In fact I’ve given up on this by now and just leave it hidden all the time.

Yet, Anet still sells mini’s in gemstore and I haven’t seen a word about this issue before. It makes mini’s complettly uselles if I have to remember about turning them on every other 5 mins.

This was reported a few months back, see here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Miniatures-STOP-UNCHECKING-THEM

You’ll note I made the same point you made and further added that adding a mini to your wardrobe is now LESS convenient since it frequently unchecks, compared to a mini in your inventory that can be simply double clicked.

Wardrobe mini:

1. Open hero panel.
2. Navigate back to root page if necessary.
3. Choose mini page.
4. Click on mini tick box.

Not-committed mini.

1. Open inventory.
2. Double click mini.

So now when you commit a mini to your wardrobe, you both make it less convenient to enable AND lose the ability to sell.

That’s lose-lose, by ANY measure!

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

Illconceived Was Na.9781

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

Leteney.6497

The latest one from those threads is 2 months ago and the problem hasn’t even been added to Known Issue Tracker, less resolved so my pont still stands. Additionaly the search function didn’t show me those. I’m sorry I haven’t gone 20 pages back before making a post about unresolved, long standing bug…

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

Still encountering this issue, has there been any acknowledgement of it, or info about a fix yet?

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Still encountering this issue, has there been any acknowledgement of it, or info about a fix yet?

Acknowledgement? yes, see the linked threads (and the links within them to other threads) It was fixed once, but something brought it back, so it’s likely to be awhile before anything happens.

For now, I’ve stopped using miniatures; it’s just more trouble than it’s worth (to me) to navigating panels to re-check (sure, not that much work done once, but repeatedly? it’s like the Water Drop Torture)

Sorry I don’t have better news for you.

[BUG] Hidden Miniatures

Posted by: Moderator

Please remember to check the date of a thread before posting. Commenting on an out of date thread and bumping it to the top of the forums is considered necroposting and is not allowed. Please find a more recent thread on the topic or feel free to start your own. This thread is now locked.