[BUG] Holding Back the Tide achievement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

No problem with Saidra’s Haven or New Loamhurst. But I have stopped counting the many times I have already liberated Harvest Cascades from the White Mantle as well as the centaurs, yet I am not receiving the achievement.

Ashantara.8731

This is still bugged, I can’t finish the achievement! Liberated Noran’s Homestead about thirty times now with the Seraph, but nothing happens…

Please help!

Posted by: Soulsekro.1503

Soulsekro.1503

In my case I’ve spent all day without having the Harvest Cascades event start. Every kitten time its Saidra’s Haven or New Loamhurst. I have YET to see Harvest Cascades.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Liberating the area does not count for the achievement. You have to do the defend event where you keep them out and kill Centaur Irondude before he reaches the house.

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

I have also been having troubles with getting this achievement. Have done Saidra’s Haven and New Loamhurst. I have spent the last 2 nights trying to get this done but it just won’t work. Harvest Cascades needs to be fixed so I can complete the achievement.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Same here.

Many times getting events done – getting gold on those events but no completion of the achievement.

Bugged is a thing for this new story line…

Now we know why it was late – now we know that it wasn’t ready.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’ve participated twice in (failing) defense events up there. I’m not sure if it is more rare, or if there is some event-based trigger that makes it more likely (eg: killing, or failing to kill, some world boss, or something)

…but it runs, sometimes, and if succeeded should award completion. I’d suggest trying out more events, and looking specifically for the defense event, not liberation or other local events.

EDIT: and my patience was rewarded. after 1.5 hours hanging out, doing local stuff, we got an attack. focused on killing the boss, LFG-ed the thing, and it worked. I got the achievement complete.

So, not bugged, just painful to get done.

Oh, and learn from my mistake: don’t attack the siegemaster until he is OUT OF THE DANG CENTAUR COMPOUND!

(edited by SlippyCheeze.5483)

Posted by: Motoko.2361

Motoko.2361

Okay. i updated gw2 wiki with your info.

BUT if Noran’s Homestead falls, the mission fails. I learned this the hard way.

My zerg killed Siegemaster Immelhooof but failed the defend Harvest Cascade mission.

Noran’s homestead fell to the white mantle.

I am super frustrated. This is not worth one master point. Not even close. It should be 2 or 3 mastery points.

Ashantara.8731

Update: I just got the achievement. It seems that you have indeed to not only destroy the catapults but also defeat the Centaur Boss before he reaches Nolan’s Homestead.

Posted by: Motoko.2361

Motoko.2361

Okay. Holding back the tide is done.

This is how I did it with 60+ people.

I was the commander.

Two groups.

Group 1 : 50 people. Attack only the SIX Siege Engines. Ignore npcs.

Group 2 : 10 people. Stay at Noran’s house. Protect the house. No matter what.

After the siege engines are destroyed, the house is attacked by 30+ NPC’s. They spawn instantly. Group 1 gets to the house as fast as effing possible. Kill Everything.

If you have not lost, then the next target is the Horse man boss. RUSH him. CC him hard.

You need a lot of DPS for the siege engines. DPS x 10000000.

You don’t have a lot of time. 3 minutes max before Noran loses all morale.

When Noran loses all morale the fight is lost.

Good luck. I hope this information helps you.

THe gw2 wiki has deleted my entries.

curse word x 10^10.

Good Hunting everyone.

SlippyCheeze.5483

Update: I just got the achievement. It seems that you have indeed to not only destroy the catapults but also defeat the Centaur Boss before he reaches Nolan’s Homestead.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that is the same for all three defense events — hold off the attackers and kill the world boss before it turns up to reinforce them. It’s just more annoying up north, especially because people don’t randomly hang out there so much, so smaller crowds…

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Still bugged, did events leading up to & after & did not get credit.

SlippyCheeze.5483

Still bugged, did events leading up to & after & did not get credit.

Did your map manage to both defend the target location, and kill the boss approaching it before they got there? Seems like the most common reason people fail is they missed one of the two, and if either one fails, the whole thing fails.

The second most common seems to be that it was already taken over by the baddies, and you liberated it, which doesn’t count for the defense achievement. Team “us” have to hold it at the start of the timer.