[BUG LIST] Edge of the Mists 100% UNPLAYABLE

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

EDIT: Generator bugs have been resolved, thank you Tyler for the fix!

It’s been days now with these evident bugs in place affecting EOTM, no word from ANet.

…Falling on deaf ears, a few other threads similar to this. Posting my own variant in hopes it gets seen by ANet/devs in order to get it fixed.

PROBLEMS:

• Supply generators are bugged
  • You cannot claim/cap supply generators
  • There is no supply interface at the supply generators
  • Supply generators cannot be built even if you own it
  • A lot of the time when the enemy owns your keep you can’t even pick up supply from the spawn due to the following message REGARDLESS if you have 0 supply or not: “cannot carry any more supplies”

OTHER RELATED ISSUES:

The following problems have been observed over the course of MONTHS.

• Standing on particular areas at towers whilst KILLING one of the door vets results in your character being teleported just INSIDE and ON TOP of the tower wall(s). This is wrong because there is no way you should be able to breach a tower unless you sieged your way in
  • The Veteran Ogres’ unique knockdown skill even if they are BLINDED still hits you
  • A lot of the veteran NPC’s skills are VERY OFF/MISLEADING. More than halfway through an EVADE which is practically an EVADE.. COME ON… they will still hit you initiating an ‘interrupt’. This only applies to Kodan Bear when they rush you with their shield and the Ogre hits/knockbacks
  • Turrets (on the ground @ Wurm and west of Needle tower) never used to knock you back if you were standing ON TOP of the platform. They now do which isn’t right because you are not in any way at all in the path of the turret guns’ firing line

I just came out of a map instance (OG team) where ALL of the supply generators were bugged. Nobody in OG had or could acquire supplies. We couldn’t cap anything other than Stat/Airport/Bell or breach anything. Very unfair seeing as BL has access to siege scorpions and FR has access to Kodan transformation both of which obliterate gates so it’s easier for them.

Please fix these bugs ASAP, I would like to continue playing this content but so far it’s literally unplayable.

Feel free to discuss this topic amongst yourselves and if you have any other known problems feel free to speak up.

(edited by Zephyra.4709)

Posted by: theredwolf.4719

theredwolf.4719

This, all of this. How is it still so broken is beyond me. The biggest offender being the supply generators.

Posted by: Varonos.9128

Varonos.9128

http://youtu.be/2w3QlzJDPOg generator problem :/

Posted by: zerefnosekai.7286

zerefnosekai.7286

why aren’t they fixing this no supply generators means no supply
and i have to stair at a wall/gate for an hour and thats not fun at all seriosly fix this

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

This, all of this. How is it still so broken is beyond me….

Oh, that’s easy and I can tell you why….

Priorities

…because of all the GW2 game modes, EoTM is easily at the bottom. When you consider sPvP aka E-SPORTS!!!!, WvW (and EoTM is “not” WvW in the eyes of many including me), Dungeons/Fractals and general PVE, EoTM is prioritized just slightly above Anet fixing the dye preview issue, which will see some attention sometime between now and when the devil will have to shop for a winter coat. (Hell, the dye preview issue might actually get fixed before EoTM… lol!)

Good luck with getting anything fixed in Karma-Train Town until HoT goes live (or probably not until they fix the 2K bugs that will be introduced after it goes live is probably more accurate.)

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

We just put in a fix for the generators in EotM. It may just work instantly in existing games, but at the very least it should be fixed the next time EotM ends and resets.

Posted by: Curtis.1562

Curtis.1562

We just put in a fix for the generators in EotM. It may just work instantly in existing games, but at the very least it should be fixed the next time EotM ends and resets.

Thanks for the update Tyler! Have you guys been able to fix Overgrowth keep boss yet? Sometimes he’s invulnerable even after killing both elementals, and other times he’s vulnerable with both elementals still alive. It seems to have something to do with not capping after killing them, and then the defending team ressing them.

Curtis.1562

Generators are still bugging out and becoming uncappable at the time of this post. It happens less frequently now, but still glitches.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Thanks for the fix, Tyler; greatly appreciated!

Curtis.1562

Stonegaze Spire Reactor keeps glitching just like before. The others seem okay from what I’ve experienced.

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Stonegaze Spire Reactor keeps glitching just like before. The others seem okay from what I’ve experienced.

Thanks for the heads-up, looks like I missed the Defend objective for the Red team at this location. Just made a server-side change and it should be fixed now. Let me know if any others are still stalling.

-Bill

Curtis.1562

Thanks for the heads-up, looks like I missed the Defend objective for the Red team at this location. Just made a server-side change and it should be fixed now. Let me know if any others are still stalling.

-Bill

Thanks again Bill, and will do!