BUG: Main-hand / Off-hand weapon diff size

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Hello Anet,

i want to inform you about the weird bug of one-handed weapons.

Maby its just only on a Charr, but every one-handed weapon is smaller in the main-hand compared to the off-hand.
Still its the same weapon but smaller as main weapon.

I made a screenshot to show you what i mean, iam not really sure but i think it wassnt this way in the past, maby there have been a change so one-handed weapons got a bug now..

Can you pls make the main-hand the same size as the off-hand weapons?
I think the off-hand is the right size, main-hand is often very small on a charr.
Because if you draw your weapon its like 2 times bigger.

Attachments:

nicknamenick.2437

I only see this on a Charr race..

Others do have the same size, only on a Charr you main weapon is very small..

nicknamenick.2437

Same happens for Axe / Mace and Daggers on Charr’s

Here you can see it better:

Attachments:

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

nicknamenick.2437

Another with 2x Axe:

Attachments:

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Another with 2x Axe:

Wow that picture on the left makes the size difference really really visible and sad to say it looks ugly. . . . =(

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I noticed this on my Ele (human) with the Zenith daggers. It would be nice to have them show as the same in size.

nicknamenick.2437

Bump, Anet can you pls confirm and fix this problem?

Looks terrible to have 2 same weapons but different size.

nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

STOP BUMPING THE TOPIC.

This serves no purpose other than to clutter the forum and get your post deleted.

nicknamenick.2437

STOP BUMPING THE TOPIC.

This serves no purpose other than to clutter the forum and get your post deleted.

?

Well the bug is there but i dont get any reply from the Dev, neither from the supporticket.

So yes:

Bump, pls fix this!

nicknamenick.2437

Dev, pls make the mainhand bigger on a charr.. It looks ugly.. Off hand is way bigger than main hand..

a charr having a tiny mace/sword/axe looks ugly!

nicknamenick.2437

Why does the dev reply on silly questions that can been found in the forum.. But they are not that active here in bugs forum..

nicknamenick.2437

Looks like not many people are using duel weapons on a Charr..

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I can confirm this on my Charr as well. I’ll try it out on my human and post screens in just a sec.

Ok confirmed to be the case on just my Charr and no other characters.

Attachments:

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Why does the dev reply on silly questions that can been found in the forum.. But they are not that active here in bugs forum..

Seems about right. People ask stupid questions in living story / general topics about stuff that’s already been answered, but in bugs forum we get no acknowledgement that they’re even seeing these things.

nicknamenick.2437

finally more people acknowledge it on a Charr :-)

even see another post now: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Weapons-Resizing

nicknamenick.2437

I can confirm this on my Charr as well. I’ll try it out on my human and post screens in just a sec.

Ok confirmed to be the case on just my Charr and no other characters.

This picture!! this is why i bumping this post..

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

finally more people acknowledge it on a Charr :-)

even see another post now: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Weapons-Resizing

That other thread is mine. I’ll add my post here as well. I hope we can get some attention to this and get this bug fixed as it’s extremely jarring and ugly. Even worse than the clipping issues charr have.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I think I may have figured out the cause of this problem while I was playing my Charr Ranger last night.

Its commonplace for many weapons to shrink down when sheathed, to prevent various clipping errors. Happens with every race and a large number of weapon types.

The problem is that Charr mainhand weapons are now shrinking twice. If you carefully watch the weapon as you sheath it, it shrinks down once (probably normal to prevent longer swords from clipping into the ground with a Charr’s hunched posture) then shrinks again a second time. The second size reduction is what’s leaving the weapons comically tiny, I would imagine. The second reduction doesn’t happen with offhand weapons, only mainhands.

So for any devs looking into fixing this (and hopefully someone is, it looks pretty silly) I would look into whatever controls the weapon size changes when sheathing a weapon, because for some reason its double-shrinking Charr mainhand weapons.

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

wow. so this is why my duel set looks funny. I thought it was just me. even my charr’s shortbow when I switch from my daggers shrinks. It’s nice and big on her back, but then gets so tiny in her hands when attacking. I use Pack Needle shortbow and fused/ghostly daggers on a theif charr (which I made her height on the small side if that has anything to do with it).
I’m on going to join the bump crew for this.

Odd that it’s only effecting charr. wonder what’s up with that. do NPCs have the same issue I wonder, and if not could that be the solution for us?

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

fellyn.5083

Maybe I’m just all paranoid now but my weapons in the off hand look smaller compared to weapons in the main hand.

I think I can see that it looks smaller, but than at the same time it’s hard to tell. Whatever the case, this bug needs to be fixed. It’s very visually jarring.

In the picture below the axe in the off hand looks smaller than the axe in the main hand. But the pictures with the mace they look similar in size. Could just be funny angles, though? It looks to be about 10% smaller.

Attachments:

nicknamenick.2437

i dont think the weapons are different size when your holding them..
maby it looks like that from different angle, but you can clearly see a different size of weapon when your weapons are at your side.. at that point your main hand (left from behind) is like 30% smaller compared to off-hand

nicknamenick.2437

I think I may have figured out the cause of this problem while I was playing my Charr Ranger last night.

Its commonplace for many weapons to shrink down when sheathed, to prevent various clipping errors. Happens with every race and a large number of weapon types.

The problem is that Charr mainhand weapons are now shrinking twice. If you carefully watch the weapon as you sheath it, it shrinks down once (probably normal to prevent longer swords from clipping into the ground with a Charr’s hunched posture) then shrinks again a second time. The second size reduction is what’s leaving the weapons comically tiny, I would imagine. The second reduction doesn’t happen with offhand weapons, only mainhands.

So for any devs looking into fixing this (and hopefully someone is, it looks pretty silly) I would look into whatever controls the weapon size changes when sheathing a weapon, because for some reason its double-shrinking Charr mainhand weapons.

^this, the Dev did something a long time ago to the clipping issue for weapons on a Charr (mostly because we have short legs so the weapon will stick in the ground)
But it was a small resize change, now after some weeks maby longer the main hand is extremely small compared to off-hand, like electro is telling it may be resized again or over the top.. dunno but its frustrating we got this on every Charr.. (and yes even the npc’s got it.. )

Maby there are some weapons that are bit smaller on other classes, dunno.. but you can see this problem very clear on every one-hand weapon for Charrs

fellyn.5083

i dont think the weapons are different size when your holding them..
maby it looks like that from different angle, but you can clearly see a different size of weapon when your weapons are at your side.. at that point your main hand (left from behind) is like 30% smaller compared to off-hand

I remain skeptical.

nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Dev i see your active now on the forum so pls reply and fix this, would be nice!

nicknamenick.2437

bump.. (yes i did)
i think Dev hates Charr players.. we got so many clipping problems.. and this i my main problem..

yes we got head clipping /leg clipping / arms clipping.. we got allot.. but i dont think they will fix it so i keep running the same gear for a year now.. but hey np.. its ok.
Its not easy to create armor for humans.. and let them fit on a Charr.. i get that.
But pls fix this weapon size.. this is an easy fix for the Dev.

>> make the main-hand weapons bigger on a Charr (same size as off-hand)

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

Yeah.. this is really bugging me, I know the main-hand for all races does seem to shrink slightly but not as bad as Charr. I recently finished my Frostfang and the difference in size when wielding it in the M/H compared to the O/H is a joke.. In the O/H it doubles in size and looks epic.. whereas in the Mainhand (where I always wield it.. not so much until I unsheathe it). Not a huge issue (don’t get me started on the issues with Charr) – but an annoying one which reaaaally needs to be fixed!

[GAMW]

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

CAn confirm on charr. Also sword sticks out really far in hand.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

nicknamenick.2437

thanx guys for supporting this bug! :-)

nicknamenick.2437

fellyn.5083

Probably isn’t worth their time to fix just like all the armor bugs with charr armor.