Emperor Ramzort.8043

New patch. Still broken. (sigh)

New items in the gem store though.

(edited by Emperor Ramzort.8043)

[BUG] Meeting the Asura [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Thank you ArenaNet for another patch of more Gem Store content!

Who needs a working game when we have more gem store items?!

Sigh.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Jeazy.6715

Jeazy.6715

I have bought the full LS2 season 3 weeks ago. I had a blast playing it until I encountered this bug. Apparently this bug has been going around for awhile and many other players can’t progress either.

Honestly, I bought LS2 with gems, which I bought with real money. The fact that paywalled content is bugged and takes this long to ‘notice’ without even a fix is bothering me. Well, atleast we got 1 dull answer from an employer, but that’s about it.

A normal organisation would offer atleast some sort of compensation for a fault in their product, but we should be happy if some sort of communication or fix would ever happen. I wonder if there’s a way to refund the gems for the bugged season episodes, so players can get something that isn’t bugged and re-buy the last 2 episodes when it is finally fixed. If this is possible then I would love to do so, but for now I am really disappointed in Anet.

Posted by: The Nolander.2967

The Nolander.2967

Unbelievable. So they ignore bugs and push as much gem-store crap as they can instead.

No compensation either, or any word of a fix incoming. Just a mention that its on the issue tracker, because that clearly means its given priority.

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

So this wasn’t even fixed in today’s patch :O

Just when I was happy to see my client updating a few moments ago. Oh well, guess I wont even bother trying now.

This is such a kitten shame anet – (as in) shame on you guys – HOW DARE YOU prioritize gem store items (new “shinys”) over FIXING something in your CORE GAME…

There appears to be no light at the end of my tunnel, the end grows nearer.

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

Posted by: Singarti.5862

Singarti.5862

I was really looking forward to a patch that would fix this bug so I’d be able to progress with the story (new player, hardly 3 weeks into the game). When I saw a dev post with patch notes, my hopes swelled …and then crashed down in a combusted wreck.

I may not understand the fine points and priorities of game development and support, including bug elimination, but this thing here seems to be more important that new cash shop items if you ask me.

Posted by: JesusSheep.1974

JesusSheep.1974

Latest Build does not fix not Fix ,Meeting the Asura or The Mystery Cave.
(Seeds of Truth) and (Poing of no Return)

Posted by: JesusSheep.1974

JesusSheep.1974

PLease Note ANet Unable to Refund diamonds Even if instance is bugged.

Posted by: Vethaera.6319

Vethaera.6319

I can’t believe we had a big patch today and Anet didn’t fix this bug. IT BLOCKS PROGRESS ON LS2. How is that not important enough to fix?

Posted by: Zohariel.5708

Zohariel.5708

Yep, 2 weeks, one patch… but no fix. Everything as expected from this company now.
Can we profit out of doing this work? No. Well lets not bother then! Instead, lets push out more content at insane prices; like Heart of thorns, a DLC priced like a full expansion! Or all these new useless skins on the gem store, only 10$ a piece!

Guess I’ll be playing dota2 for the next while, a game from a still reputable developer.

Posted by: Llaenis.4659

Llaenis.4659

This seems to be a rather glaring sign of how dangerously out of touch the developers are with their community. We are now on week three with no answer to the bugs that have made LWS2 unplayable. Worse still, no address has been made towards a plan to remedy the bug, or compensate us for our frustrations going on two weeks now. Instead we have ‘new gem store content’ and sales that completely ignore the issue!

The most irking part here is that in order to understand the Heart of Thorns storyline, you must purchase and play Living World Season 2. Otherwise, it makes less than no sense. So in a way, this directly affects enjoyment of the Heart of Thorns expansion.

Unfortunately, consulting Customer Support isn’t going to help; the representatives don’t have the access necessary to fix the issue, and likely don’t have the authority to issue refunds. This is one of those problems that has to be answered by someone higher up. Such as the developers, or an exec.

At the very least, they could provide some public address that the issue is known and what they intend to do about it.

If any Forum Mods are paying attention, maybe you could do us a favor and poke them a few times?

Posted by: Eltharius.6978

Eltharius.6978

I am also hoping this will be fixed very soon. Or at least an update on when it will be fixed.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Great. So I was excited about a new patch, but all in vain. This bug still hasn’t been fixed and I still can’t proceed with my characters’ personal stories.

This is vital content, please fix it already…

The Nolander.2967

This seems to be a rather glaring sign of how dangerously out of touch the developers are with their community. We are now on week three with no answer to the bugs that have made LWS2 unplayable. Worse still, no address has been made towards a plan to remedy the bug, or compensate us for our frustrations going on two weeks now. Instead we have ‘new gem store content’ and sales that completely ignore the issue!

The most irking part here is that in order to understand the Heart of Thorns storyline, you must purchase and play Living World Season 2. Otherwise, it makes less than no sense. So in a way, this directly affects enjoyment of the Heart of Thorns expansion.

Unfortunately, consulting Customer Support isn’t going to help; the representatives don’t have the access necessary to fix the issue, and likely don’t have the authority to issue refunds. This is one of those problems that has to be answered by someone higher up. Such as the developers, or an exec.

At the very least, they could provide some public address that the issue is known and what they intend to do about it.

If any Forum Mods are paying attention, maybe you could do us a favor and poke them a few times?

Unfortunately, this seems to be pretty well on point. I recently came back to GW2 and was looking forward to playing through the expansion content but heard that it was necessary to play through LS 2 to follow the storyline. So I paid for that as well, but it is unplayable and there have been no signs of Anet remedying this (and sure as **** not in a timely manner for a bug of that magnitude).

It all definitely serves to suck the fun out of the game.

Posted by: Eviia.1064

Eviia.1064

Yea, i was excited too about new patch, but unfortunately i cant continue my story :/.
Well, i feel like i have lost some money right now, because i bought the core game, and after a while the game upgraded to HOT ! ( you cant buy the expansion if you have the core game, so you need to buy them both again ). I have bought the Hot Expansion and i didn’t understand the story, so i bought the LWS2 , now its impossible to continue my story, so i think for a while, i will do something else ( 2 weeks more to wait ? not satisfying ). But i think the gem store stuff are more important than story and stuff . ( after all, what the matter are money, i already payed AN to play the game, so its not a loss if i play something else instead right now( for them at least )) .
Lets see if in next patch will be some changes.

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

Disappointing ……………………………………..

[Dius]

Posted by: Baltagir.7846

Baltagir.7846

so disappointed with this not fixed today after seeing client is patching

Posted by: BluSpectre.2670

BluSpectre.2670

Nolander and Llaenis are right. Unfortunately I highly doubt one of the forum mods (or CSRs) would be able to relay this issue to whom’s fault it is, namely a supervisor/manager for the devs. If one of them (or anyone reading) has an effective means to file a complaint about said poor supervision/ arranging of priorities, then I think we would be all asuran ears. Otherwise, there might be a roundabout way to bring this issue to their attention.

I know PR likes to lurk on the forums from time to time. Maybe, if we make this thread long enough, we can grab their attention and make it clear that failure to address Storyline Bugs is unacceptable and will slowly erode Anet’s integrity, whats left of it when concerning programming priorities anyway.

In the meantime, I’ll keep hoping for a workaround

Skritt IQ TestSubject: No it not possible! If you read my mind what you see there hmm? What you see?
Shadekeeper Alé: Shinies.
Skritt IQ Test Subject: (gasp) you read miiiinds!

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Or just tweet at enough “famous” GW2 youtubers to get them to make a video about the bug, that seems to get things working faster than average players complaining for 11 months.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Posted by: BluSpectre.2670

BluSpectre.2670

Genius! Ok… Who has twitter?

Skritt IQ TestSubject: No it not possible! If you read my mind what you see there hmm? What you see?
Shadekeeper Alé: Shinies.
Skritt IQ Test Subject: (gasp) you read miiiinds!

Posted by: NiSHAN.4385

NiSHAN.4385

F*** Y** Anet

that’s the only thing i really want you to READ !

Posted by: Shaliith.3861

Shaliith.3861

Got my hopes up, bummed that it’s still.not.fixed. Unacceptable.

Posted by: LanaKane.8035

LanaKane.8035

Oh, awesome. I just came back to the game and paid for Season 2 and HoT. I don’t want to spoil the story by going straight to the HoT storyline.. and this Asura can’t be knocked out.

So, I guess I could spoil the storyline completely by moving on to the Heart of Thorns story, or wait around for the bug to be fixed. Sorry, I didn’t buy gems and use them on LS2 just so that I could have the story spoiled anyways. Nice scam.

Posted by: LanaKane.8035

LanaKane.8035

LOL Holy kitten this is unbelievable.

Posted by: paidaki.2451

paidaki.2451

You guys there at ANet are a disgrace…
Fix the kitten bug for god sake, it is PAID content!

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

LOL Holy kitten this is unbelievable.

I am not spending another dime on any gem store items until they make this right with me, that means some sort of gem store merch or partial refund of the gems I spent on this content. And I spend real money in their gem store monthly since I bought this game, not going to do it anymore. I am not supporting an organization that doesn’t respect me.

Posted by: Dirtyfatnoise.4657

Dirtyfatnoise.4657

“Can’t Knock Out The Guard Using F Key” error as well. Playing as Necro

Posted by: Matt Dragontamer.3506

Matt Dragontamer.3506

Well the first thing I did today was check to see if I could proceed with LS2 on my char… still can’t Knock Out the first guard.

How does one even break something that was working fine? And being that it’s part of LS2 main missions, it’s kind of a big deal. It’s still update day, think you can push for this fix please?

Posted by: Chime.2694

Chime.2694

This is kind of sad. Why is it not a priority to get this fixed? You guys at ANet should put as many resources into fixing completely gamebreaking bugs like these. It seems to me that a fix to this is easy as day unless you managed to spaghetti code all of this, which shouldn’t happen in the first place.

I hope you realize that this isn’t some bug like a cow walking backwards, this is serious stuff and everyone clearly demands it fixed, since it’s literally a progression block that nobody can get around. I want to play Heart of Thorns too, but my interest in the game is quickly fading by not being able to actually play the game’s main selling point.

Posted by: Rakshala.9635

Rakshala.9635

I am also having this problem. I can’t knock out the guard. I am very frustrated because I can’t find a work around. I would like to progress through the story.

Posted by: luminathor.2839

luminathor.2839

Here’s an idea. Don’t fix it. Seriously, I don’t care. I HATE the story missions in this game. They are boring, uninspired claptrap with battle scenes that are far too drawn out, cut scenes you can’t skip and dialogue that makes you want to self harm.

Just give me my lousy mastery point – and the one for the followup mission, so I can get on with my life. Thanks.

P.S. A year??? A year. That’s how long this bug has been unaddressed. Unbelievable.

Posted by: LittleHorn.6728

LittleHorn.6728

Here’s an idea. Don’t fix it.

Well… not this. It would be nice to just get a rough guesstimation on when we can expect this to be resolved.

Posted by: Jollymon.7329

Jollymon.7329

Would like to be able to finish LW:S2 so I can start HoT…

Posted by: Nariborn.5926

Nariborn.5926

Ugh, I dont know what to do here. Really want to start HoT, need to finish LW:S2. Guess I could just, what, skip this one and move on to next episode? ugh

Posted by: Ace Woodlink.1863

Ace Woodlink.1863

So…doing this for the first time on my Reaper, same problem as the other people where pressing F on guard outside that you’re supposed to knockout does nothing. This isn’t for an achievement, challenge mote, or anything like that. This is for the first run ever on this account for the story.

Please fix soon.

Attachments:

Posted by: balakadut.1395

balakadut.1395

New patches. Oh wait, more hats, superb! Been two weeks and more now since it’s reported, and a patch in between. Not fixed yet.

I can understand that the Black Lion is a moneymaker, but adding in more accessories while leaving CORE experience broken is NOT acceptable.

Posted by: trollshaman.9325

trollshaman.9325

Forced to start HoT’s storyline so I can progress something until this critical bug gets fixed ANet pls

Posted by: Mckormick.7043

Mckormick.7043

How about just give us all the rewards for this QUEST! so that we can move Forward!! this bug is so frustating I exchanged my gold for 200 gems for this one!

Posted by: PeterJ.1053

PeterJ.1053

Just checking in if you guys fixed this… I’m disappointed to see that it’s still low on the priority list… Good job ANet… Stellar job…

What could possibly be more important that fixing known issues? I will try and see if this could be solved legally…

Posted by: DIKIY.9507

DIKIY.9507

some things will never be the same! this game is bugged-full and no events like in gw1! st patricks day missed! bought pack for story is still broken! yeah but we must enjoy bunny ears in gemstore they said!

Posted by: freade.2946

freade.2946

I have the same problem. Frustrating!

Posted by: Cerberus.4315

Cerberus.4315

Disappointing.

Just let us bypass the instance/quest with lowest rewards so we can move forward with the storyline, least we can move forward and u get less complaints.

Singarti.5862

No, I bought Season 2 and HoT for the story and I want to see the story unfold with my own eyes, not some walkthrough/let’s play on YouTube.

Why should I get a cut version of the content if I paid for it? Why should I not be able to experience the, realistically speaking, DLC content that I have purchased in full?

Fix these bugs in the story missions. Then roll out whichever cash shop items your hearts desire.

Posted by: Cerberus.4315

Cerberus.4315

No, I bought Season 2 and HoT for the story and I want to see the story unfold with my own eyes, not some walkthrough/let’s play on YouTube.

Why should I get a cut version of the content if I paid for it? Why should I not be able to experience the, realistically speaking, DLC content that I have purchased in full?

Fix these bugs in the story missions. Then roll out whichever cash shop items your hearts desire.

Well I would like to move forward with the story instead of waiting months for them to fix the issue and that’s if they fix it. You can always go back to that part of the story or wait until they fix it, but least give others the option.

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

I started doing the luminiscent collections last week and just now realized that it’s literally impossible since these quests are bugged and apparently have been bugged for awhile with no fix. This is extremely surprising to me that ArenaNet would not fix this especially since Living Story 2 is something SOLD SEPARATELY in the Gem Store.

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

Posted by: ulithemuli.7603

ulithemuli.7603

Still having the same problem, even after the patch.

If anyone wonders how long this might take to fix: This thread was merged with a 1 year old thread which also concerned LS 2 story missions. That one took 2 months to fix. We’ve got 2 weeks so far. Don’t expect a fix any time soon…

I endorse the idea of getting Youtubers to cover this in their videos! They could start off with “let’s play season 2 today!” and then the video is cut short because it’s broken.

The Nolander.2967

Two months? Christ. I spent a lot of money on the expansion and the LS and I can’t even access the content. Since this also blocks out mastery access it makes doing anything else in the game pretty pointless as well.

I do find it interesting that Anet thinks it worth pushing through a hot fix for some issue with lighting in a few days, but can’t even fix a progress blocking bug in more than two weeks. Maybe they aren’t interested in getting new players since I imagine new and returning players are the ones most severely affected by this.

Singarti.5862

Two months? Christ. I spent a lot of money on the expansion and the LS and I can’t even access the content. Since this also blocks out mastery access it makes doing anything else in the game pretty pointless as well.

I do find it interesting that Anet thinks it worth pushing through a hot fix for some issue with lighting in a few days, but can’t even fix a progress blocking bug in more than two weeks. Maybe they aren’t interested in getting new players since I imagine new and returning players are the ones most severely affected by this.

Well, from a standpoint of company, which goal is to make profits, they have actually succeeded – the customers have paid up the price for the additional (not in the core game) content.

Thing is, the customers had no idea beforehand that the product that they were purchasing was faulty and the manufacturer of the said product doesn’t seem to care.

The Nolander.2967

Yes, it is fairly easy to make profits by scamming people. Most respectable companies are interested in the future profits their customers can provide however, and would avoid blatantly decieving people as that is a sure way to prevent them from buying from you in the future.

Posted by: Morsheira.6102

Morsheira.6102

Alright, normally I stay out of the kitten fits but I feel inclined to say something.

To the people claiming this bug is a year old;

No. It isn’t. Just stop. It’s not even 3 weeks old yet. Chill out.

To the people witching about the colour being fixed first:

Let me tell you a little thing about coding games. Fixing a broken code for colour is a hell of a lot easier than fixing a code for interactivity. That does -not- mean the fix isn’t being worked on. How many of you have ever poured over line after line of coding to find the specific change or error responsible. It takes time to locate and even more to create a change that won’t negatively impact something else. Take a breath and chill.

General note to all being negative complainers;

Half of what you’re complaining of has been stated and spoken about earlier in the thread. Please read back before going back in the same circle (this goes especially to people claiming this bug is a year old. Yeashka)

Bottom line is just breathe. Fixing a bug in a program isn’t as simple as replacing a part in a car. It just isn’t.

There is plenty still to do in game, complete some achievements. Do some of the events in other map zones (there is lore and story there if you actually read) or just find a Guild and start playing with other people. Really, not a crisis situation.

Signed
- A far more patient person waiting on a fix