[BUG] - Ogden's Ankh + Aspect Amulet

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ogden%27s_Ankh

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aspect_Amulet

The above two amulets were introduced into the game when Living Story S2 Part 2 resumed. However, it seems that some players (including myself) cannot purchase it from Laurel merchants while others can, and we have not been able to identify what is the trigger that makes them show up. So far, we have eliminated the following possibilities:

- The amulets are not locked behind any of the LS S2 Part 1 achievements. (I have all of them completed and the amulets are still not showing up.)
- The amulets are not locked behind any of the newer Explorer achievements in either Iron Marches or Frostgorge Sound. (Have those completed too.)

If a dev sees this, can you give us more information as to what exactly a player needs to do in order for these amulets to be available for purchase?

Posted by: Syntharia.8067

Syntharia.8067

Bump? I can’t find them either Tried different merchants with different toons, achieves done etc, etc. Halp

For Ponei!

Posted by: Zen Way of Harmony.7980

Zen Way of Harmony.7980

Bump? I can’t find them either Tried different merchants with different toons, achieves done etc, etc. Halp

For me, both became available at laurel merchants when I completed Gates of Maguuma Mastery. I really don’t know why that is the case, but there’s some talk on the wiki too about this occurring for people where a mastery needs to be done for this to show up at laurel merchants.

Zaxares.5419

@Zen: This may be a crucial bit of info. WHEN exactly did you complete the Gates of Maguuma Mastery? Was it recently? Or did you complete it way back when it was first released?

Syntharia.8067

I have some toons with gates of maguuma finished as soon as it came, I also finished that episode with my guard yesterday. Still the laurel dude won’t sell me nomad’s amulet QQ

For Ponei!

Zaxares.5419

Yes, this is my suspicion too. I suspect that the bug is that while Ogden’s Ankh + Aspect Amulet is unlocked when completing Gates of Maguuma, it didn’t retroactively unlock it for players who had already finished Gates of Maguuma Mastery. However, I need confirmation from Zen or another player who got it recently before I know for sure.

Posted by: Red Zero.1850

Red Zero.1850

I also have this issue. Neither Ogden’s Ankh or the Aspect Amulet is available from the Laurel Vendor despite completing all the Story, Challenge, Dry Top, and Silverwaste Achievements. It would be helpful to know what the Unlock conditions are for these items.

Also, oddly enough, Verata’s Seared Ring is also not available from the Laurel Vendor, despite the fact that I have one in my inventory and all other Sinister Amulets, Accessories, and even the companion Plague Signet Ring being available from the Laurel Vendor.

I suspect this may be a bug with the Laurel Vendor recognizing unlocked statuses.

Posted by: Encloud.1793

Encloud.1793

New guys? have same problem
All story done
All season 2 done
All achiv of season 2/dry top/silverwastes

AND STILL NO REPLY FROM ANET

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I did not know this existed at all until I saw in wiki, the vendor don’t show this to me.

What is “Gates of Maguuma Mastery” exactly? complete all achievements of season 2, episode 1?

Posted by: Rand Silk.2738

Rand Silk.2738

I have Completed The Gates of Maguuma Mastery and I do have the Forgotten Band, Ogden’s Ankh + Aspect Amulet? are still not in the vendor list. I infused my forgotten Band, is that why it doesn’t show at the laurel merchant ? I don’t want to waste 35 laurels by purchasing the forgotten band and it not unlock the amulets. feedback would be nice.

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’ve never seen these in the laurel vendor either, and I’ve done the LS all the way through with three different characters and completed all the achievements.

Posted by: Xandrian.8304

Xandrian.8304

BUMP I’ve completed all the achievements for each LS chapter as they came out but I can’t buy either of the nomad amulets yet, I sent off a bug report but it would be awesome if this could be ninja fixed some time soon!

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

I have for a LONG time complained to the GW2 Support about how many many people have not unlocked them despite completing everything imaginable, They replied that they are working on it at some point ( the general gist of the message not sure exactly but it wasn’t a flat answer). It’s So Stupid, It has been over 4 months now I think, and they STILL haven’t fixed it and instead they bring out a Camera Patch that made tons of bugs, and they fix THEM instead of the ones that have been bugged for MONTHS.

ARENANET AND/OR SUPPORT PLEASE REPLY.
we need our amulets that we have earned.
It’s really Unfair.

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Still can’t purchase. Please Fix Anet.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Syntharia.8067

Shameless BUMP!1one
still can’t see it at the laurel vendor :C

For Ponei!

Posted by: Zallgoney.3420

Zallgoney.3420

Since there were several patches and this bug has not been acknowledged. I have decided to start a guild called [NABA] (Nomad Amulet Bug Awareness). I will not stand for this Nomad Bug /sit anymore. Don’t think I’m so mad, I just want nomad. This guild is a petition list, all we need you to do is be in it and it is not 100& rep. Once in a while, we will host events to spread awareness to other people who are not affected by this bug. I hope you will /cry in support of the Nomad Amulet Bug and join our guild!

Mail or PM Zallgoney.3420 for invite!

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

I found this thread looking for a fix because I want a nomad amulet right now. Sad too see this have gone unnoticed by Anet for so long!

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero

Posted by: Zallgoney.3420

Zallgoney.3420

Ikr. If I recall they haven’t fixed it for 10 months and that plenty of time for them to look at it. They didn’t even acknowledged it. Anyways, would you like an invite to our guild. We have some other members having this problem and hopefully if we get enough people to join the guild and show anet that people do care about this bug.

Posted by: Wilhelm.8493

Wilhelm.8493

I just went to get an ascended nomad’s amulet from the laurel merchant but I can’t find it anywhere. I wanted to set up a full nomad guard just for fun. Now I am sadpanda D :

Posted by: Atrum.2698

Atrum.2698

Hi, just bumping. Having the same problems, and starting to wonder if I can just reset one of my living story achievements so I can re-earn the accessories instead. I tried re-playing the challenges and completing them successfully does not give me access to the Nomad’s ascended accessories.

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Bumping again.
Everyone who completed achievements before rewards introduction, didnt got them unlocked at Laurel Vendor, it is about time to fix this miastake isn’kitten

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

Syntharia.8067

OMG! It’s finally fixed \o/
You can get your nomad’s amulet from the laurel dude in LA, still can’t find it in WvW though.

Attachments:

For Ponei!