[BUGGED] Demolition expert & camp vanquisher

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

So I’ve been doing the WvW Living Story achievements, which don’t belong in LS but belong under WvW, but I guess because they’re temporary you put them in LS, are not progressing properly.

I’ve completed 6 of them, and I realized Mercenary Camp Vanquisher and Demolition Expert are not progressing, when I’ve destroyed at least 50 gates and captured 100 camps yet both achievements are still at 0 is what I’ve just noticed.

I presume you guys already know about this? When can we expect an ETA on a hotfix ?

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

You have probably captured regular camps, but not Mercenary Camps (ogres in EB for examples). Regular camps capture achievement is quite grindy, but mercenary camps is way harder to get as there are not so many of them.
For the demolition expert, i agree, it’s totally bugged, but it seems that it won’t be corrected as devs’ are saying in another topic that it’s working “as expected”.

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Demolition Expert inst bugged. All u have is to do is to deal a fixed amount of damage to gate (i dont know how much). Just sit on rams/cata and u get it.

As for Merc camps – those are ogres/hylek/dredge in EB. U have to capture grey ones.

Shpongle.6025

I captured an ogre camp just now and killed 4 ogres as we were capturing them and I didn’t get a progress in it…still at 0…

i’ve destroyed some more gates also no progress…

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

A lot of the wvw season 1 achievements are bugged to some degree. For example stonemist, my friend and I were in a zerg that captured it, both did same amount of damage and was in the circle for cap. I got credit and he did not, then later we had to recapture it, and it was reversed.
As for the demolition one, I got credit for melee’ing a gate/clearing the enemy rams, then second time I did the exact same thing and no credit.
It is these inconsistencies in the wvw season 1 achievements that are very annoying. Anet really needs to fix them or STATE what exactly is needed to do to get credit. Specially when we don’t have 24/7 to play wvw as we have lives, other games to play and other parts of guild wars to play aswell.

Shpongle.6025

A lot of the wvw season 1 achievements are bugged to some degree. For example stonemist, my friend and I were in a zerg that captured it, both did same amount of damage and was in the circle for cap. I got credit and he did not, then later we had to recapture it, and it was reversed.
As for the demolition one, I got credit for melee’ing a gate/clearing the enemy rams, then second time I did the exact same thing and no credit.
It is these inconsistencies in the wvw season 1 achievements that are very annoying. Anet really needs to fix them or STATE what exactly is needed to do to get credit. Specially when we don’t have 24/7 to play wvw as we have lives, other games to play and other parts of guild wars to play aswell.

yea man, it’s weird like that o.O

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Demolition Expert inst bugged. All u have is to do is to deal a fixed amount of damage to gate (i dont know how much). Just sit on rams/cata and u get it.

If that’s the case, then the required damage amount seems too high. In any given assault, only a fairly small fraction of people are going to even have the chance to use siege. And many people shouldn’t be using the siege at all either because they don’t have points in the relevant masteries or their skills are better used suppressing the enemy and supporting the siege users.

Currently, to get this without using siege seems at least unreliable if not completely unrealistic. If a player isn’t specced for high single-target damage, then they may have trouble doing enough damage to the door. If they’re with a large enough zerg, then the door may fall before they even have enough time to do the necessary damage. If enemies are around, they may need to divert their attention and damage to dealing with the enemy.

If the current damage threshold is “working as intended”, then for 30 assaults many players are encouraged to either:
- Selfishly try to claim someone else’s siege, even if it’s less helpful to the group overall.
- Put down their own siege, even if it’s unnecessary or the commander specifically asked anyone else not to.
- Try to go max DPS player-vs-door the entire time, hoping that the rest of their team can provide enough healing and cover.

As seems to be a recurring theme with many of these season achievements, it’s easier to complete them by acting in ways often less optimal/helpful to the team or server overall. So if that isn’t bugged and or unintended, then it’s just poorly thought out. Reducing the damage threshold significantly would make it easier for people to get this while supporting their team rather than getting this by taking advantage of their team.

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

Demolition Expert is definitely bugged, regardless of what the devs say. Yesterday I tried hitting the gates with regular attacks, with more powerful attacks and used rams on the gates and was not getting credit for it.

Posted by: Aearon.5691

Aearon.5691

I just destroyed 4 gates with rams, I was sitting in the ram the entire time, but didn’t get credit for any of them.