Bad FPS drop - MUST be looked at immediately

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Legend.6941

Legend.6941

This is especially prevalent in the patched AC dungeon.

When a large amount of mobs spawn, the FPS drops incredibly low. It makes the player’s response to mobs practically unbearable.

This issue was not around pre-patch on 2/26. It needs to be fixed as it is certainly a quality issue that ArenaNet should not be known for in their games.

my system ran the game maxed out and this fps drop is not user related.
my system specs just for sheets and goggles:

i7 8-core @ 2.7ghz
12gb ddr3 1600
750GB HDD in raid
2GB vram GTX 660
liquid cooled
directx 11

Posted by: Syx.7315

Syx.7315

Plus intense culling… more than half hatchlings are invisible… Never had this before, even in large events with lots of ppl like Maw or Claw.

Posted by: blackgoetia.1629

blackgoetia.1629

I had the same experience in the ascalonian catacombs. I hope they release a fix for this soon as I would like to try out the new dungeon features without this dungeon-breaking lag.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Something similar happened at the Shatterer on TC. Yes, framerate is always low on the dragons, but this was worse than usual. Intense culling of players as well, and while I could target the adds, I couldn’t see any of them.

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

I had to have been on the same event as Egon, just downed Shatterer on Tarnished Coast about an hour ago.

Worst game choppiness I’ve seen at one of these dragon events (in the game so far actually). These events have always run smoothly for me.

I normally run on higher settings, and keep at 50-60fps, but was getting about 20fps this time.

Very choppy movements and I spent about 10 seconds simply trying to target Shatterer so I could try dealing damage.

I only went because a guild member was playing on a laptop and got stuck zoning in to Tequatl. He was frozen at the waypoint a long time as the map tried rendering. He finally got to dragon, place looked empty, then suddenly saw everything already dead.

I wanted to see if I could notice performance issues, at a similarly sized event, on my more powerful desktop. It was definitely noticeable.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I am guessing that what the players call garbage, ANET calls improvement.
I have never known the graphics to be culled so bad as they are now, even starter maps are seeing this in less than populated area… Kraithaven on Celedon Forest.. run West from the fort thro the water and suddnly find yourself swamped in Ridgebacks that werent there until you were right up on them.
Doesn’t give more populated instances like LA or Dragon Events let alone WvWvW any hope. I thought SWTOR was bad for graphics issues and FPS drops, but this has gotten pretty darn close now and dropping faster than a lead balloon.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

We are currently looking into this issue.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

This may not be related, but EVERY time I have done the personal story where the bomb maker dies fixing the bomb under the ship, the frame rate is noticeably bad when you first start before going into the water.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

This may not be related, but EVERY time I have done the personal story where the bomb maker dies fixing the bomb under the ship, the frame rate is noticeably bad when you first start before going into the water.

I believe the frame rate drop you’re talking about is unrelated, and a result of all the vast density of mines beneath the surface of the water. If you look away from them, or swivel your view in a way that it’s not showing everything but those mines, the frame rate picks right back up.

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Same. I usually sit at a solid locked 60 FPS with vsync enabled on all max settings in dungeons. I dropped to 24 fps in the graveling burrow room when Hodgins is looking for the first scepter in path 1.

Definitely caused by the patch yesterday because that’s never happened since launch.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

Posted by: Rellik.9381

Rellik.9381

I’m experiencing it too. The FPS would only go up to 50 even after I leave Ascalonian Catacombs.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Experienced the same thing for me it was only really noticable on path 2 when you have to protect Detha from the waves of gravelings using the spikes. FPS dropped to 15 or so when I usually get 60-100 FPS. Though my party members said they had lag more frequently throughout.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

I can vouch for this. Was doing the Shatterer event earlier (Blackgate server). The lag! Oh my the lag was comparable to the Karka event!! Also there is a problem with mobs and NPC’s not showing up until you get really close to them.. Can Anet please fix this, it’s a real problem!

Posted by: sheelzi.5803

sheelzi.5803

I had this problem today also, lots of invisible pirates in Gendarren Fields. It was accompanied by some intense hard disk activity. Could the recent patches have fragmented the game files ? Just a guess.

Cyrsly – Necromancer – Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

@sheelzi do you mean your computer box making lots of noise suddenly then going quiet when the games running? If so mine has been doing that and it’s only when I run guild wars 2 and load into areas like LA/busy areas..

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

yeah p1 when protecting hodgens i get terrible fps lag, and mob culling throughout the dungeon, not fun

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

Posted by: Vees.7816

Vees.7816

I had terrible FPS problems when I was doing the spike traps in p2. I wasn’t the only one in my party having the trouble

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I had this problem today also, lots of invisible pirates in Gendarren Fields. It was accompanied by some intense hard disk activity. Could the recent patches have fragmented the game files ? Just a guess.

Yeah I’ve had invisible stuff, like the culling issue has got even worse.

Sometimes mobs and players don’t render untill I’m right up close to them.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: DedalNort.3627

DedalNort.3627

I have terrible lags too (not only in dungeons) since last patch.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Today while doing the dragons I thought I was only fighting with about 10 other players…that is until my screen became a slide show. Then all of a sudden multitudes showed up.

I do not know what is happening but this is horrendous. I went to WvWvW tonight and could not “see” half my group, not to mention the enemies who all of a sudden showed up on my doorstep (so to speak). It looked like I was fighting empty air except I saw numbers where nothing was standing.

My tab target showed something and I was able to attack it at least when the slide show stopped and my attacks hit. But most of the time nothing worked.

This is a problem. I really do not like fighting air. Please fix this problem.