Balloon chest glitched

Balloon chest glitched

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Henrietta.8025

Henrietta.8025

Well hi.

I have restarted playing Guild Wars after a whil and wanted to do the living story, just to find myself annoyed by a glitch.

I found out that when you open a chest and in the midst of opening the chest the tower gets contested the chest wont give you loot, nor will it count towards the balloon achievment. Also, the chest stays open forever, with no means to ever loot it again.

This is annoying since it happened to me a few times already. And since it doesnt count towards the 30 balloon chest loot thingie achievment, there is no mean to get that achievment anymore.

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: Gerry.8247

Gerry.8247

I had the same happen to me. Second balloon I went for in Queensdale. Tried to get it with different characters, but the first failure seems to have locked it. Frustrating bit is that when you look from a distance outside the tower, the mouse-over showed the chest. Hopefully it will be fixed before the event is gone again.

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

There have been several of these threads now, I’ve even submitted a bug report, but I dont think any mod has even commented on one!

This is blocking us from continuing to other zones to get other chests!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: MoonstalkerZ.4170

MoonstalkerZ.4170

Same, except the tower doesn’t even need to be contested for the chest to randomly already be open for me. I’ve lost about four chests this way, and I’m worried if I do any more this’ll keep happening and I won’t be able to get the achievement.

Please fix this, Anet.

Balloon chest glitched

Henrietta.8025

I agree, I have calculated that you have a buffer of 6 chests. Meaning if you have more than 6 chests bugged, you wont be able to get the achievement. So far, I have 4, so, it’s starting to worry me a lot.

Also, as you said. I did notice it doesn’t need to bug the way I told before, but when 2 people open chests at the same time, it tends to bug as well. Also, it can randomly bug.

I told my friend and she said: “Don’t worry, it will be fixed in a month”. Yah, but then the event is finished.

Would be good if any moderator would give us some info, if this bug is known and getting fixed or if we are just doomed and unlucky.

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: Ravien Coromana.4792

Ravien Coromana.4792

I’m having the same issue. I believe it was the east gendarran fields BT that glitched on me first, but I’m still going at it. I had the contested issue, myself.

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

If you select the chest at the bottom of the tower, it deselects and you can watch it open by itself while climbing the stairs. Closed at the bottom, open halfway up.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

This just happened to my sister and me on our second balloon tower. I am glad however that I read this thread so I know what to expect from now on and how to not mess up getting chests. Still I wish it was fixed completely because it’s silly that this is even occurring in the first place!

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

Balloon chest glitched

Henrietta.8025

Its actually a buffer of 13 balloons, so as long as you’re not too unlucky, you should be able to get the achievement.

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Another way the chests can bug is if both you and another player open the chest at the same time. So make sure you’re the only one opening it if you and a bunch of other players are up there!

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: syklonis.5102

syklonis.5102

This is bugged for me as well. Got the first chest and now every chests stays open at the other balloon areas. I can’t open anymore as they all are opened upon climbing the stairs….

Balloon chest glitched

Posted by: littlemac.5624

littlemac.5624

i’m glad i’m not the only one (actually, it sucks that it happens to everyone) but i thought i had gone completely insane after making it to the top of 5 towers (four times each) but only having 4 show up on the achievement. here’s to hoping that it gets fixed before the event ends

Just Call Me Eli [ORL] — Sea of Sorrows
That very red Sylvari Elementalist