Balthazar Temple event bugged, contested

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: giantteddy.9302

giantteddy.9302

Please don’t make us wait until maintenance or whenever.
Just hotfix the event now, force the Megaserver Technology to open a new overflow map for Straits.
Everyone keeps coming to the map asking if it’s a new instance, there’s a nice number of players waiting for Balthazar temple to be uncontested.
Bump ’til fixed

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

This is annoying to say the least, it’s also the only source of obsidian shards for karma since megaserver started so please don’t ruin the weekend for a lot of players by ignoring this. Northern invasion is just stuck and had been sitting there for 10 hours now.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: YeezyMode.4218

YeezyMode.4218

Yeah, it’s been bugged for at least a day now! Patiently waiting for a fix

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Is this on all the servers? What happens if you guest?

Muusic.2967

Lyssa was down on JQ for over a week with a similar bug, i’m hoping that isn’t the case here.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Is the event stuck? or just no one doing it? I’ve found that there are many people waiting to do the final event for the temple, but not as much actually go out and do the pre events. The last time I did that temple run I found there was 50+ people waiting at the rally WP and asking repeatedly when it was supposed to start and what was going on. I was doing the northern invasion events with 2 other players. FOR THE ENTIRE CHAIN. We lost several times and had to do over, despite repeated calls for assitance for all the invasion events. There was only a few people doing these while the rest waited. I haven’t seen it “stuck” anywhere, and lots of people waiting for it to start, rather then jumping into the invasion events.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Muusic.2967

Is the event stuck?

Yes, the Northern pact is bugged just before it reached Rally waypoint and won’t move for 10+ hours.

~Dr. Seuss

pdavis.8031

Hmmm, Maybe its just me, but I’ve never seen it…

recognize my command!”

Muusic.2967

Hmmm, Maybe its just me, but I’ve never seen it…

Go to rally waypoint and head due north for about 100m and you’ll see 7 pact members filing their nails with an event tag over their heads.

~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

We just cleared a shard for the temple. It should be the main shard right now, if the megaserver prioritizes servers with temples completed. Also, if a shard is bugged, try to overflow the map until you get a new spawn, and move people there. Soon the shard might eventually be removed.

Posted by: giantteddy.9302

giantteddy.9302

it’s still bugged… there goes our weekend.. \:

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

When posting bugs like this it is helpful to know what shard you are on.

Type /ip in the chat box. That should return the ip of the shard having a issue.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chat_command

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

pdavis.8031

This should also have been posted in the game bugs thread in support. It will be moved there shorty.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

It’s still bugged – Northern PACT will not move to Rally WP.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Muusic.2967

This should also have been posted in the game bugs thread in support. It will be moved there shorty.

A.K.A. Buried and forgotten.

~Dr. Seuss

pdavis.8031

Maybe, but it’s going to be moved there or to the megaserver thread. As with all other such threads.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

The megaserver system puts everyone on the same copy of the map. Guesting is useless right now.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

The megaserver system puts everyone on the same copy of the map. Guesting is useless right now.

But Guesting will change the priority in relation to server so you may land on a different shard still.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

pdavis.8031

A.K.A. Buried and forgotten.

And there it is…

recognize my command!”

Muusic.2967

Gonna be a boring weekend waiting til monday or tuesday to make my ascended set, got a ton of dragonite and empryeal but no obsid to refine em.

~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: DrewanDleh.3920

DrewanDleh.3920

It’s still bugged – Northern PACT will not move to Rally WP.

They may not be AT the rally point, but the summary of the event says that they have arrived there and are waiting for reinforcements. I don’t know how long it has said this; I got on at 12:00 server time. It also says that one of the pact members needs to be revived, even though it also says that 7 out of 7 pact members are alive. See the right side of the screen in the screenshot. Edit: 6 out of 7 pact members have been counted, so one must be dead, but also missing.

Attachments:

(edited by DrewanDleh.3920)

Posted by: Crrrystal.6845

Crrrystal.6845

Seems to still be broken, as it has been for 36(?) hours now.
Shard IP: 64.25.33.73:0

Posted by: dmbgodzilla.2745

dmbgodzilla.2745

After waiting I decided to try “guesting” again, for the second time. I chose BG since it’s one of the highest pop servers I’m aware of. Low and behold the vendors were up and I was able to buy shards. Re-logged to my home server and still glitched.

Commented in map chat. Someone responded that they were on the BG server and experiencing the glitch. I assume then that I’d landed into a different instance while guesting, but that’s just a guess.

The point is, guesting worked as a temp fix for me. Good luck

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

There needs to be an alternate method for buying Obby shards with Karma if Balth is going to bug constantly like this and the new megaserver makes it almost impossible to guest sigh

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Muusic.2967

Just a simple “We’re working on it” would have been nice at some point today.

~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Luxiel.3240

Luxiel.3240

I can confirm Shard IP: 64.25.33.73:0 has been broken for a 2 days and couldn’t land on another shard even questing BG or TC (maybe because WvW just reset and they are all there).

Luxiel.3240

Just landed on Shard IP: 64.25.33.87:0 while guesting Jade Quary and it is broken too, probably was generated after the bug was in place.

At least I can confirm the 2 guest per day limitation doesn’t exist anymore, even though the game still warns you so.

Luxiel.3240

Shard IP: 64.25.33.87:0 just unbugged, go figure

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Anet please fix this!! Or at least give us some feed back.

Firstly many of us grind and grind for karma for the sole reason to buy Obi shards for Ascended /legendary gear.
By your design there is 1 Karma vendor that sells Obi shards and over the past few weeks it is continuously bugged WTF!!!! If you choose not to fix this at least add a 2nd vendor somewhere else.

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

(edited by slamb.4781)

Posted by: banterp.1496

banterp.1496

no reply from Anet? this is a huge bug that is affecting a lot of people especially those who needs obsidian shards.

add a 2nd karma vendor that sells shards if you guys are unable to fix this.

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Any Dev’s care to comment?

“crickets chirping”

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Shard IP: 64.25.33.73:0 – bugged.

The Northern Path has a bug which has been existing since BETA – if the NPCs Die along the route to the temple. They either disapear or appear the balthazar temple and have to be ‘unbugged’ by luring back to the other NPCs.

The Central Path also has a bug – where sometimes if the NPCs die they randomly bug out also. These are game-blocking bugs – waiting till a new server update is issued to fix the reset of these events is not good.

Can we please have some priority bug-fixing against these in-game blocking issues allowing people to progress to get there obsidian shards?

Many Thanks

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: nessiah.1498

nessiah.1498

Anet, please fix your game! People need to get the obsidian shards…

Posted by: PiciaNicole.6085

PiciaNicole.6085

Event in North still not fixed. It has been three days now! Please get this fixed. There is people that want to get Obsidian Shards with Karma and they can’t get it cause Balthazar is the only place you can get them when it is open. Thank you so much!

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

“Anet” and “fix” in the same sentence never really works. Great game, dev team/QA team getting worse.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

pdavis.8031

Same server, same issue. However some people were able to get it moving by killing a champ in the area. He wasn’t being very forthcoming about which one (which is kinda lame IMO) but when i get some time I’ll have to investigate more.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Anet response to problems just keeps getting worse and worse it seems. Looking forward to Wildstar coming out soon and dropping this game altogether.

It’s not becoming worse, it was always like this.
I thought it was understandable back then when there were a bunch of servers to keep track and they couldn’t just keep resetting them, but now that everything’s basically merged into one, neglecting players for such a long time (2 days!) is really… something…

I really enjoyed this game, but I’m starting to lose hope for it. Time come and go and nothing is ever resolved/improved…

Posted by: Blade.5249

Blade.5249

Just gona Bump this. Too long Anet.

Posted by: Angyles.5784

Angyles.5784

Same server, same issue. However some people were able to get it moving by killing a champ in the area. He wasn’t being very forthcoming about which one (which is kinda lame IMO) but when i get some time I’ll have to investigate more.

Last night a group tried to lure the party to the end point by bringing mobs to them and making them move to attack. They pulled them all the way to Rally, however there were only 6 Pact members and the event said there were 7 alive. One was still AWOL and could not be found.

I am curious if dragging the champ giant to the party and letting them die would reset it. Knowing our luck, it would just mess it up more.