Bank inventory stacking items

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Trying to add from toon inventory to item stack in bank inventory will not combine. Cannot move the stack from the bank inventory to toon inventory and combine either. Searched for this bug report so forgive me if this is duplicated.
Anyone have this issue?

Posted by: Michael.9403

Michael.9403

I was looking for a thread to add to, rather than starting a new “no longer stacks” thread of my own. Yours is the first I came to, so here it is.

The Scrolls of Knowledge dropped after the mid March patch do not stack with the pre patch Scrolls. Not in the bank, not in a character’s bags. I now have a stack of 174 of the old kind, and 10 of the new kind.

Ditto for Mystic Forge Stones. One dropped in today’s daily for me, and starts a new stack. I have 133 of the prepatch kind, and 1 of the new kind. They read identically until the last line. The new one says account bound. The older one says account bound on acquire. I see no difference, and do not understand why either of these two simple items should not stack.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s a work-around for this:

• put all the items into your inventory.
  • change maps (or use [f12] as if you were swapping toons)
  • come back

they should stack after this.

ANet is aware of it; they haven’t announced an ETA for a fix.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ToxicTorgo.1805

ToxicTorgo.1805

There’s a work-around for this:

• put all the items into your inventory.
  • change maps (or use [f12] as if you were swapping toons)
  • come back

they should stack after this.

Worked for me. Looking forward to not having to haxxor around this, though.

Posted by: Michael.9403

Michael.9403

Let me get this straight.

I want to put some items in my inventory into an extant stack in my bank. To do so, I have to first remove the stack from my bank, put it into my inventory and either log out to character select and back in on the same char, stack them in inventory then put into bank.

OR… after moveing everything to my inventory in two stacks, I can zone to another map, zone back to the map with the bank, run back to the bank, then put the stacks into the bank.

I would never have thought to implement it that new way in the patch, since it worked fine before the patch. I think I’d just have gone with the way it was already working, and spent the energy fixing other bugs, or adding new content. To each their own, I guess.