Barracuda's bugged/stealthnerfed?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DevorianDevil.6037

DevorianDevil.6037

As i do every couple of days i kill barracuda’s to get my armored scales for my legendary.

I started today and killed a bunch, hardly getting drops, thought to myself that it was np since i prolly had a bad streak. But when i observed more closely after an hour of killing them i noticed none of the adds drop loot.

Is this intended that the adds drop nothing anymore or is this a new bug since today?

I did see bots farming there the last couple of weeks and reported them every day but if this is another stealthnerf to get back to bots you are hurting the normal players once again, such as with every nerf.

Hope i can get some answer about this and this doesnt wind up as the other loot related bugs that has stayed unanswered since 1month+ with 250+ posts

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Summoned creatures (like the additional barracuda) were not intended to have loot. It was considered a bug that was fixed recently.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Is there any farm where it is intended that players should be able to earn gold while actually playing the game? I don’t mean the TP, I mean outside of a city hitting enemies about the head and shoulders until they are dead. That’s playing to me — are there ways to actually make gold instead of lose gold?

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: DevorianDevil.6037

DevorianDevil.6037

i haven’t seen this detailed in any of the patchnotes, these are things that we, us players, need to know aswell.

it’s just once again sad that we now have to go back to get 2 t6 materials like armored scales every hour again considering this is a so called non grinding game.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Sorry, I don’t want this thread to get sidetracked. I don’t normally deal with loot tables/item drops, I just remembered the barracuda coming up when we were investigatating some RMT bots. Like I said, we never intended for summoned critters to drop loot, so it was a bug.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Hey everyone,

As Jeff has stated, this is not a bug – if you have further thoughts or comments about farming and loot, then feel free to post in the GW2 Discussion forum. This thread will now be closed.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed