Battle of claw island: can't to fire trebuchets

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sipos.8624

Sipos.8624

I’m doing the personal storyline mission ‘The Battle of Claw Island’ and, I’ve got to the part where you are supposed to kill the Risen Deadship with the trebuchets. I can’t fire them though. If I use them I get the action bar skill to fire or move in either direction but, no mater which way it is pointing, I can’t fire it. It just says ‘You cannot fire the weapon in that direction’.

Edit: I should say, I am talking about the trebuchet nearest the ship, I can’t use the other one during this stage of the mission.

This obviously blocks me from doing the mission. I’ve googled and I’m certainly not the only one with this problem. This seems really shoddy.

What’s worse, this has been reported before on this forum here but, the answer gives a fix that is completely irrelevant to the problem (how can you release the treb when your shot is in the air if it won’t let you fire it) suggesting the ANet poster hasn’t read the post properly and is talking about yet another known bug.

I’ve spent a lot of money on GW2 gems and, I’d like to play this game but, if things like this are going to stop me, I’ll just find another MMO to spend the hundreds of pounds a year, that I spend on whatever I’m playing, on. Shoddy QA like this and shoddy support like that in the thread I linked will kill the game.

(edited by Sipos.8624)

Posted by: Aristeia.2193

Aristeia.2193

I am also having this problem. It’s disheartening to see that ArenaNet apparently isn’t even aware of the actual problem so their fix probably won’t even address the problem. And playing on another character until the fix comes through is only a short term solution since this quest is where all personal stories converge.

Has anyone who has had this problem found that it fixes itself if you restart the personal story step? I’m going to try that. It might actually yield some useful information.

Posted by: Aristeia.2193

Aristeia.2193

It doesn’t, but you can just swim up to the ship and whack it with your underwater weapons, so there’s that.

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Had this same thing happen to me today. Restarting the instance didn’t reset whatever the bug is. Dying didn’t reset it. Could only use the treb next to the wrecked cannon, and only to aim it. Any attempt to fire it gets “can’t fire in that direction”. Can’t even use the other treb at all.

So guess my story is over unless someone pulls a thumb out.