Beat T4 Candidate Trials Evon, no Achievement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

http://i.imgur.com/7VfXfdq.jpg
Took me forever to do it. Please, please fix this and give me the achievement. I don’t know if I can do it again. That stuff is HARD!

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Did you beat tier 3 for Evon first? Tier 4 can give credit for completing tier 3. Chance are that you need to beat tier 4 again.

Havana.8625

Yes, already beat three and have proof in the screenshot. You can see I have 1/2 in the advanced support category.

Ayrilana.1396

Re-read my comment. You can do Tier 4 and it will count towards tier 3.

Havana.8625

I beat tier 3 for Evon on another day, not today (not the same day I beat tier 4.) My screenshot shows in the upper right that it was on tier 4, and that it knew I was on tier 4. What was I supposed to have done?

Edit: I guess I’m confused and I don’t understand your comment. Under what conditions does beating tier 4 under tier 4 difficulty only credit you with tier 3, even though it says you beat tier 4 in the upper right?

(edited by Havana.8625)

Ayrilana.1396

For the Advanced achievement it’s like this:

Tier 3 gives credit for only 1/2.
Tier 4 gives credit for both. This means you can do it twice and never have to do tier 3.

Everyone who’s having issues is likely for this reason. They did tier 4 without doing tier 3 first. Tier 4 counted as them doing tier 3. There’s several reasons why they got confused. If they did tier 4 again then they will get credit and complete the achievement.

Havana.8625

Yes Ayrilana, I already knew that. I’ve already done tier 3 which is where I got the 1/2 from. Today I completed tier 4. It should have advanced the 1/2 to a 2/2 and given me the achievement. This bug is completely unrelated to anyone who did tier 4 without doing tier 3 first. I do not fall into that camp, and I imagine most of the people who are having this problem do not. It was pretty clear that I had to complete tier 3 first.

Havana.8625

Also, Ayrilana, thank you for trying to help. It’s just that the issue you mentioned doesn’t affect me since I already beat T3.

After many more tries I was able to beat T4 evon yet again! Again it is giving me no credit. I got credit when I beat Kiel T4.

Here is my before pic to prove I already beat T3 (notice the time on the clock as it’s right before the victory): http://i.imgur.com/pu1dsLg.jpg

Here is my after pic a couple of seconds later right after I beat T4 a second time: http://i.imgur.com/7VfXfdq.jpg

It’s incredibly demoralizing to do this for this many hours and succeed repeatedly without getting credit.

I know I should stop for now since spending the hours to beat T4 a third time won’t help, because it’s just not giving me the achievement. Please let me know what I can do to get credit. I’ve done Kiel’s T4 and gotten credit if that helps.

(edited by Havana.8625)

Havana.8625

Someone in the forum told me he had to beat T3 and T4 in the SAME SITTING. So I went and beat T3 again before beating T4 my third time and sure enough it worked! For anyone who is having the problem, make sure you beat T3 and then T4 without leaving the instance. It’s the only thing that worked for me.

Ayrilana.1396

I wonder how many people that are not getting credit have completed it for the other candidate. Maybe the tier 4 for the candidate that needs to be completed is still registering as tier 4 for the completed one for some reason.

Like I complete all of Kiel’s tiers and then do Evon’s. I the. Don’t get credit for tier 4 since the game thinks I’m doing Tier 4 for Kiel despite what the interface says. It only happens for tier 4 but tier 3 resets it if you stay in the instance.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Havana.8625

I still don’t have a good theory, Ayrilana. The first time I beat Evon T4 and was denied, I had not yet beat Kiel T4. So my order was Kiel 3, Evon 3, Evon 4 (no credit), Kiel 4 (credit), Evon 4 (no dredit), Evon 3, Evon 4 (credit).

Ayrilana.1396

Hmmm. Oh well. At least there’s a workaround for it.

Posted by: crizpynutz.9062

crizpynutz.9062

Well this sucks. I finally did it..barely and didn’t get credit. I had completed T3 a week ago and figured I’d give going solo a try today. I just barely did it on the 3rd try but I didn’t get the achievement for it. That is frustrating. Tried 3 more times but couldn’t get it. Had to log off. #wtf #pissedoff

Posted by: Lionera.7908

Lionera.7908

I beat t3 few days ago, did t4 kiel no chievo. Tried t3 and t4 without leaving, same result no chievo sigh.