Bell choir - Joining bug

Bell choir - Joining bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Threepsie.3248

Threepsie.3248

Greetings,

Just wanted to point out that there is currently an occasional bug during the Bell Choir Event. Basically once you join, every ‘correct’ hit damages you (and you don’t get credited for it) and if you do nothing your health will not decrease at all. You will get
100 points for each round though, but will not receive a present (which makes perfectly sense!)

Exiting and re-entering the event does not solve the issue.
Waiting for the event instance to reset solves the issue.

//update 25-12-2014
Several other threads reporting the same issue:
- http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/lwd/winterday-bell-choir/first#post4650169
- http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Joining-the-Bell-Choir-Midway

(edited by Threepsie.3248)

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

As I said before somewhere… logic has been denied :P

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

So this is why I couldn’t get through even the easiest round… I’m terrible at jump puzzles, and I was trying to get my wintersday daily via Bell choir.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Jackdaw.5618

Jackdaw.5618

This mini game is unplayable to me now due to a similar bug – correct notes damage and so does not doing anything. On the first day of the festival I went on the bell choir game and I was getting 550+ scores and now since yesterday no notes hit at all and the game doesn’t seem to be lagging. Hope they address this soon, enjoyed playing it while it worked.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Threepsie.3248

Well, the bug is still present. That’s for sure.

And regarding the sometimes not hitting bit, consider this tip:
- Imagine that the server you play on has a lag!
- Do not hit the notes when they cross the line!
- Only hit the notes when the notes have hit you physically.
- This gives you about 1s of time to hit the correct note.

If that does not solve your issue, then you have the same bug I am encountering while joining a game! and you just have to sit it out untill the next round (it fixes itself).

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Also happened to me during a round to be unable to play any note, either I would click or press the key, my character would stand still , doing nothing and only take damage

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I have played this though multiple times and have noticed two occasional bugs:
1) You get a game where it does not register a single note correctly and you take damage every time. Some people when you tell them this claim you are a “noob” and don’t know how to play, however having maxed out the APs for this one now I believe that I may know how it is played by now:P
2) Sometimes when you click to exit the instance you instead get sent to another instance of the game.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I had this bug yesterday. I got damaged with every note I played but got credit for each note, so i had 100 points after the first song. However, after the first song I died since the next few songs have a much higher rate/more notes so it is impossible to not kill yourself with the bug…

However, I can tell for sure that I got the credit for the notes (points) but the progress bar on the right showing the amount of correct notes played didn’t move an inch.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Arch Enemy.1296

Arch Enemy.1296

This is also happening to me. I have had this problem multiple times now, really questioned my feeling for the beat

I found out the problem sometimes disappears when my health drops to zero and i’m forced to join again for the next song. It all works perfectly then

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

Had this happen to me also, yesterday, and thought it was just severe lag. I live in Australia so it wouldn’t surprise me, but I guess it’s more widespread than just that … and it’s good to know I’m not the only one. Nobody else in my instance had that issue. I exited it, went off and did other things for a while, then came back and it was working fine again.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Gwyllion Redsky.5241

Gwyllion Redsky.5241

I had this bug a few times and it does reset when I exit/re-enter the mini game.
BUT since day one I have another stupid bug – the Note 6 is not playable on the keyboard, it is blackened out, no number 6. All the other notes are playing ok, number 6 no. I can click it with the mouse pointer but since I am using the numbers for the rest, it is just impossible to arrange and get it on time to play no 6. Reported the bug but nothing. Terrible annoying.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I had this bug a few times and it does reset when I exit/re-enter the mini game.
BUT since day one I have another stupid bug – the Note 6 is not playable on the keyboard, it is blackened out, no number 6. All the other notes are playing ok, number 6 no. I can click it with the mouse pointer but since I am using the numbers for the rest, it is just impossible to arrange and get it on time to play no 6. Reported the bug but nothing. Terrible annoying.

Just a thought: check your keybindings. Did that key somehow get assigned to something else?

There’s something charming about rangers.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Mostly what i’m hearing is your ISP speed or lag, which is your problem not Anet’s. My problem with the bell choir, is the way its worded. “Join in the Wintersday Bell Choir” “Take part in the Wintersday Bell Choir”…“That Wintersday Ring” achieve. THIS IS NOT TRUE. If i simply “join in” or “take part” and fail miserably because of bugs or lag i still do not get credit for the AP even though i should because of how it is worded. IT should state “Win a round of”… since that’s seems to be the only way to get points and you don’t have to complete the whole thing to 600+ just one of those rounds. IT IS MISLEADING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!!

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Plus i wish like the other dailies, you had more options then just 5/5 out of 6 options since apparently lots of peeps have issues with the JP and Bell choir. It seems odd and the variety daily is the exact same thing = NO VARIETY!!!!!

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Bell choir - Joining bug

kaede.4751

Kelly … maybe start new threads for all these different complaints you’re having? Helps devs (and players) to monitor and share information on just one thing at a time, as this is a bug forum, not a general discussion one.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: neferet.5687

neferet.5687

Basically once you join, every ‘correct’ hit damages you (and you don’t get credited for it) and if you do nothing your health will not decrease at all. You will get 100 points for each round though, but will not receive a present (which makes perfectly sense!)

I have been experiencing the same issue and it’s pretty annoying. Hope it gets fixed for next year at least (ha-ha).

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Mostly what i’m hearing is your ISP speed or lag, which is your problem not Anet’s. My problem with the bell choir, is the way its worded. “Join in the Wintersday Bell Choir” “Take part in the Wintersday Bell Choir”…“That Wintersday Ring” achieve. THIS IS NOT TRUE. If i simply “join in” or “take part” and fail miserably because of bugs or lag i still do not get credit for the AP even though i should because of how it is worded. IT should state “Win a round of”… since that’s seems to be the only way to get points and you don’t have to complete the whole thing to 600+ just one of those rounds. IT IS MISLEADING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!!

Yup I noted exactly the same thing in my first attempt to get that achievement. Either the objective should be changed or the achievement worded properly.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

This is NOT our problem. Something is wrong on Anet’s side that is causing this Bell Choir Bug/lag.
I know this for a fact because I can play on my account perfectly fine without any issues; however, If I play on my brother’s account I have this issue, and only on his account do I get this issue (which i’ve had for a few days now).
As someone above mentioned, it doesn’t matter when you try to hit the notes: on time, before, or after, it’s always a miss and it damages you. Also, if you don’t hit anything, you don’t get damage. Yet, at the end of the round, regardless of what you did, you will get a perfect 100 points, but no presents or progress towards your daily.

I’m surprised Arena Net hasn’t addressed this, it is preventing people from completing their achievements. And like I mentioned in the beginning, this is not our fault or lag on our side. Its on them.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

yeah. I also notice this bug. If you join a game halfway, you lose health even when you got the notes right.

You can either wait for a new game, or keep joining until u get a new game (more than 9m left, before 1st song)

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Bell choir - Joining bug

Threepsie.3248

Hm, let me clear something up before this original bug report goes in a completely odd direction.

The bug I am reporting has nothing to do with lag or players who are missing notes due to lag. These things happen in an MMO and are often ISP-related. So please do not derail or if you disagree: create your own thread ! (-;

The bug here is that when this occurs the game always interprets the pressed buttons as a miss, even when they are pressed at a correct time. Additionally, if no buttons are pressed, the player lives through the round and the score goes +100. Under normal circumstances he would also lose health since he missed the note and then gets thrown out of the choir wheel. But in this scenario, he does not. And that is a bug!

To put it in other words: I assume that the game thinks that the wheel fragment is empty, and starts playing the tune. Since the computer plays the notes, all notes are played correct (and would thus explain the +100 points the player sees). The player then gets put on top of this wheel, but some internal mumbo-jumbo prevents the player from being assigned to it. Hence the game still thinks the wheel is empty and thus does not recognize the player’s input

This bug sometimes (not always) occurs when joining the Choir Bell event. Sitting it out and waiting for the next restart fixes the issue.

Some other things I noted:
- It is not related to a specific position on the wheel. High, Middle and Low are affected.
- Playing during the interludes does heal you!
- Free play also works fine (i.e. no health loss)
- Switching to another position (NW, NE, SE, SW) has no effect, the bug still persists

Hope that this helps in tracking down the issue!

Bell choir - Joining bug

kaede.4751

See here, guys (and yes, OP, this is relevant to the original issue you reported): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Joining-the-Bell-Choir-Midway/first#post4650170

Would be good if some other people can test and verify; will help the dev team in getting it fixed (assuming they have the resources to spare).

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yes, this happened to me tonight. Twice. I logged back to the character screen to fix it. But, I’ve heard, if you leave the stage and return, it also fixes it. Yet that didn’t work for me.

Relogging did though. At least to the character select screen.

Gone to Reddit.

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

This is STILL happening and so frustrating. For me, this only happens when I enter a game that has already started. With the longer loading times for DR, leaving and coming back in take forever. I have experienced that leaving the stage and going back in, after the song finishes, fixes the issue. BUT that still leaves me with wasted time, and God forbid it was the last song, now I’m just screwed and need to leave all together to find a fresh game.

Btw, I LOVE this Bell Choir game and have looked forward to it for a long time…this bug is ruining that.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Bell choir - Joining bug

Posted by: SSGroguey.5841

SSGroguey.5841

Ok, I was wondering why I couldn’t do an easy song when I joined a game already in progress.
One of my guildmates said they had a related problem where it was counting it as wrong, but the progression bar was going up like they hit the correct notes. So after hearing them tell me that when I vented my frustation at failing an easy song, I chalked it up to being some kind of bug.