Berserker's Mace with Condition Damage?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So I was just messing around and wanted to try out a mace. Bought a berserker’s mace off the TP and it contained carrion stats instead? I thought that was funny and am going to salvage it as guardians have no need for condition damage but how did that happen?

Just to show I’m not crazy, it’s still being sold on the TP: http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/25975

You can go check out the TP for level 80 exotic berserker’s maces that have the wrong stats.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I noticed this a while ago too and thought it was stupid as hell. Not even sure if it’s a bug or if they’re trying to trick us into wasting money lol.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

this is not a bug. i know this seems completely silly and anti-intuitive, but, if you’ll notice, the item is called Berserker’s Mace AND it already has a Superior Sigil of Earth in the upgrade slot. this points to the fact that it is a named weapon and ‘berserker’ doesn’t reflect the prefix of the stats on this item but rather the ‘titled’ name of the weapon. if it was supposed to have zerker stats it would be called "Berserker’s Mace of Earth’, so what you just bought was a poorly named ‘named weapon’. that is all. i agree this is confusing and silly but it is what it is. normal weapons with a zerker prifix will just be called ‘Berzerker X of X’ and won’t have the ‘s indicating it is "someone’s" which is often the case with named items ie. Aiden’s Coat

ps. a ‘berserker’ weapon selling for barely over 1g should have been a red flag

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well it’s 3 globs of ectoplasm now and random dark matter, so it’s all good in the end. :p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.