Black Lion Ticket Skin Price inconsistency

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Merciless Skins’ price was increased to 2 tickets after 2 weeks instead of the Plasma Skin after 1 month.

Posted by: Peter Panda.5629

Peter Panda.5629

Oh my goodness, wasn’kitten I knew I’m smelling something fishy. I’ve been meaning to get my hands on one of those merciless skins, only to find out they’ve grown in price, despite being added later than the plasma skins. Please, please, Anet, address that! I need that pistol skin. Cheap lightsaber knock-offs don’t cut it (if you’re catching the pun).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not “inconsistent” if you look at the history of all the skins. The single ticket prices generally persist for a few months, but there are many examples of 3-5 week periods. Two weeks is a little short, but not completely outside the norm.

Regardless, the TP prices for merciless remain 90-130g; plasma remain under 80g, so it’s only a problem for speculators …and they shouldn’t expect to make any money for at least a year or two, again based on the past history of skins.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Peter Panda.5629

Alright. Was there ever an update that would make the newer set of skins more expensive than the previous one though? It is anomalous, don’t tell me it’s not. I don’t see how it’s ‘only a problem for speculators,’ since I wanted to get a merciless skin for the Black Lion ticket, got 9 ticket scraps and been meaning to farm the keys, thinking I have time till at least the update after Wintersday.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Alright. Was there ever an update that would make the newer set of skins more expensive than the previous one though? It is anomalous, don’t tell me it’s not. I don’t see how it’s ‘only a problem for speculators,’ since I wanted to get a merciless skin for the Black Lion ticket, got 9 ticket scraps and been meaning to farm the keys, thinking I have time till at least the update after Wintersday.

I don’t think it’s a “problem” because your single ticket can still get you what you want.

• Get your 10 scraps, buy a “current” skin with the ticket, sell that item at a custom offer.
  • With the proceeds, buy your merciless skin.

Maybe we’re not using the word “anomalous” the same way. My point is that this wouldn’t be the first time that a set of skins has gone from 1 ticket to more within less than a month. For that matter, some skins remain available for tickets for over a year while others ‘retire’ in less than 4 months. For all the time that I’ve been tracking, I’ve yet to see any consistency.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Peter Panda.5629

If that’s how it is… I don’t actually follow the Black Lion weapon sets, so I don’t know how often/in what order they change. I’ve just seen the pistol skin and really liked it, thought I’d get it since I was so close with the scraps, only to find it more expensive the next week.
And it’s not really like I can swap them one for one. The pistol skin is the most expensive of the Merciless weapons, none of the Timekeeper ones comes close. Not to mention the fees I’ll pay on selling a weapon skin. So… yeah. Still not happy about the situation, will not get near the Black Lion weapon skins ever again…