Black Lion Trading Company down for us in SEA

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: IgioftheNorth.1056

IgioftheNorth.1056

i tried closing the game and reopen several times already nothing has changed, tried also running it as an administrator still nothing, tried deleting cache stuff and all but still it doesnt load. please help. All of my friends in SEA has the same problem, black lion trading company is not working for us, Gem store/currencyexchange/TP are not loading while i’ve asked some friends from EU/US and tp is working fine for them.
We got this problem after the recent patch.

Attachments:

(edited by IgioftheNorth.1056)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can try clearing the GW2 cache; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Search – Troubleshoot Trading Post’.

Good luck.

IgioftheNorth.1056

You can try clearing the GW2 cache; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Search – Troubleshoot Trading Post’.

Good luck.

i already did that also didnt solve my problem. thanks bro

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, sis, you can contact the CS Team via the same ‘Support’ link and ‘Submit a Ticket’ for assistance.

Good luck.

IgioftheNorth.1056

and the website looks like this, is this normal? help please

Attachments:

Posted by: PrinceAzulon.1876

PrinceAzulon.1876

Gem store is not showing up for me as well. : (

Attachments:

PrinceAzulon.1876

and TP too. I already tried deleting the cache thingy, restarting the game, rebooting pc (am on windows), etc. and it didn’t work. Been like this since the last update.

Attachments:

Posted by: HoukaKetsueki.6924

HoukaKetsueki.6924

use ipconfig/flushdns on cmd, worked for me.

Koko Puffz / Kokoro Chan
Coerce[LOLI]
Tarnished Coast Asian Roamer

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

same here. sucks. was planning to lead and buy stuff too. ended up watching cartoons hehe

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

IgioftheNorth.1056

i did it and nothing has changed still not working for us in SEA. i dont know why.

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

this is bugged in eu also and in na because i logged both accounts. got this after patch

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

i did it and nothing has changed still not working for us in SEA. i dont know why.

Try using Google’s DNS. One of their CDNs probably changed IPs, which can take 24+ hours to propagate to slower DNS providers.

Also delete all gw2cache-* folders located under %temp%, in case it cached a bad response.

IgioftheNorth.1056

Try using Google’s DNS. One of their CDNs probably changed IPs, which can take 24+ hours to propagate to slower DNS providers.

Also delete all gw2cache-* folders located under %temp%, in case it cached a bad response.

already done with the gw2cache delete stuff still no luck bro but thank you. its not that im the only one with the problem, the whole SEA got the same problem so maybe it must have to do with the recent update.

Posted by: FireBase Aereon.4307

FireBase Aereon.4307

It is down on me also. I was trying to clean my inventory. Hope the Devs notice this.

Posted by: linamaria.1830

linamaria.1830

Same problem here.

Healix.5819

the whole SEA got the same problem so maybe it must have to do with the recent update.

The BLTC is just a website rendered within the game. Judging by the above screenshots, one of the servers can’t be reached.

Here’s a sample to see if you can access it (don’t use Firefox):
https://tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net/humans.txt (devs)
https://2tradingpost.staticwars.com/humans.txt (devs)
https://services.staticwars.com/gw2/img/content/21c04332_splash.jpg (banner)
https://static.staticwars.com/ (404)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why not Firefox? All those links work.

Healix.5819

Firefox has its own certificate and DNS rules, so it’s not a great choice to test stuff like this, whereas IE is using the default. Chrome is the best choice in this case however, since it and the in-game browser are based on the same core.

They’re using a CDN, so different areas around the world are going to be using different servers, which is the problem. One of those servers is not accessible. If you knew which one, you could simply edit the hosts file.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh. Just curious. Thanks.

IgioftheNorth.1056

the whole SEA got the same problem so maybe it must have to do with the recent update.

The BLTC is just a website rendered within the game. Judging by the above screenshots, one of the servers can’t be reached.

Here’s a sample to see if you can access it (don’t use Firefox):
https://tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net/humans.txt (devs)
https://2tradingpost.staticwars.com/humans.txt (devs)
https://services.staticwars.com/gw2/img/content/21c04332_splash.jpg (banner)
https://static.staticwars.com/ (404)

I can open those urls, its just the names of the devs what about it?

We still experiencing this problem, anyone from anet wants to help? that would be great.

IgioftheNorth.1056

Firefox has its own certificate and DNS rules, so it’s not a great choice to test stuff like this, whereas IE is using the default. Chrome is the best choice in this case however, since it and the in-game browser are based on the same core.

They’re using a CDN, so different areas around the world are going to be using different servers, which is the problem. One of those servers is not accessible. If you knew which one, you could simply edit the hosts file.

simply edit the host file? sorry but we’re just a casual gamers who doesn’t have knowledge on that, what we need is a fix from ANet.

Healix.5819

To clarify, the test was to see if you could access the URLs, and you needed to access all of them. static.staticwars.com is the one you seem to be having trouble with, considering your screenshots.

As a quick test, you seem to be failing to load the initial script, so try opening it in Internet Explorer or Edge on Windows 10:

https://static.staticwars.com/mithril/0.2.4/mithril-min.js

You should see “Mithril v0.2.4” near the top and “mithril.min.js.map” at the end. If you’re prompted to download the file, simply do so and open it with notepad.

If that was the problem, close GW2, delete your cache, and open notepad as an administrator. In notepad, open the file “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts”. At the end of the file, append a new line and enter:

13.32.202.156 static.staticwars.com

Save it. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter the following to force an update:

ping static.staticwars.com

It should show the IP 13.32.202.156. Now test it in-game. This isn’t something you’d want to do permanently of course, and that IP will eventually change.

If you couldn’t and still can’t access the above URL however, but could access the 404 page, which should either show a 404 ghost or instance information, someone is censoring your connection.

what we need is a fix from ANet.

This isn’t a bug. If you want a dumbed down response, it’s a problem with your ISP. Contact support.

(edited by Healix.5819)

IgioftheNorth.1056

To clarify, the test was to see if you could access the URLs, and you needed to access all of them. static.staticwars.com is the one you seem to be having trouble with, considering your screenshots.

As a quick test, you seem to be failing to load the initial script, so try opening it in Internet Explorer or Edge on Windows 10:

You should see “Mithril v0.2.4” near the top and “mithril.min.js.map” at the end. If you’re prompted to download the file, simply do so and open it with notepad.

If that was the problem, close GW2, delete your cache, and open notepad as an administrator. In notepad, open the file “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts”. At the end of the file, append a new line and enter:

Save it. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter the following to force an update:

It should show the IP 13.32.202.156. Now test it in-game. This isn’t something you’d want to do permanently of course, and that IP will eventually change.

If you couldn’t and still can’t access the above URL however, but could access the 404 mystery page, someone is censoring your connection.

what we need is a fix from ANet.

This isn’t a bug. If you want a dumbed down response, it’s a problem with your ISP. Contact support.

Like i said, all of SEA players with different ISP have this problem not just me and i can open those URLs fine and we’re playing since 3day headstart weve just got this problem now and it all just begun with the recent update.

Posted by: TrainWrek.6872

TrainWrek.6872

I had the same problem and after following Healix.5819’s instructions, the trading post is working again thanks.

Posted by: jaime cabungcal.9542

jaime cabungcal.9542

Still Having this Problem Hope They Fix This Soon…

IgioftheNorth.1056

I’m not touching any settings from my computer because it is working properly BEFORE the recent patch and it’s not just me, it’s the whole SEA we’re talking about here. Any ANet employee wants to respond regarding this?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

For an individualized response, you can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Ticket’ for assistance.

Good luck.

Posted by: mOOnRaBBiT.8913

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

SEA player here and I am having the same issue, it’s kinda annoying. It’s the previous patch that did it. I hope this fix this soon.

Posted by: Peacekid.1463

Peacekid.1463

all of us in SEA having this problem , i think the support team is working on it since it all came after the latest patch, anet pls this pls

Posted by: StarMars.9168

StarMars.9168

I solved this problem by using a VPN to connect once to the game and TP. After disabling the VPN I am able to use the TP again.

IgioftheNorth.1056

I solved this problem by using a VPN to connect once to the game and TP. After disabling the VPN I am able to use the TP again.

What vpn? And from where did u connect ur vpn?

Posted by: Calli.6309

Calli.6309

At first I got confused on how to do this, but it finally did work! Thanks!

I can finally sell elder wood again ;_:

IgioftheNorth.1056

At first I got confused on how to do this, but it finally did work! Thanks!

I can finally sell elder wood again ;_:

how??? im confused also.

Posted by: Calli.6309

Calli.6309

how??? im confused also.

the static 404 page wasn’t working for me, if it’s the same for you:

open notepad as admin
in the file to open, type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
it should open the file in notepad
then enter and add 13.32.202.156 static.staticwars.com
save

then try open gw2

Posted by: Doppelganger.9167

Doppelganger.9167

The Black lion trading post is not working on my account. when i try to access the trading post all i see is empty, same a the gems currency tab. but the Gems store is fine. i tried to relog and restart my PC but still didnt work. its like im block on the trading post and gems currency.

Posted by: rook.7283

rook.7283

I am having the same issue. I’ve tried every fix suggested, fresh OS install and I have reinstalled the game. The weird thing is if you try to open your account on another ISP that have BLT working, you will be able to access your TP. So it could be a routing issue of some sort. Not sure maybe some network expert can enlighten us or better yet Anet should help us understand the issue.

Doppelganger.9167

When is this bug will be fix?

Doppelganger.9167

Its Fixed now thank arenanet.

rook.7283

Good for you, still not working for me, had this issue since friday. Having problems now with gold since I cannot sell anything!

rook.7283

oh by the way, I found a workaround. I was updating my AV, which is avira, then I notice I have phantom vpn. used it, set my location to non sea location. TP worked. Still waiting for a permanent fix though as this causes lag on my part.

Posted by: Spynx.9561

Spynx.9561

nope not yet fix

Posted by: jayt.7502

jayt.7502

I’m having the same issue, still not working for a day now.

Posted by: irinasan.3486

irinasan.3486

i did use a vpn i did fix the gem store still the trading post wont load and the in game gem and coin changer

Posted by: jaime cabungcal.9542

jaime cabungcal.9542

I’ve Tried Using free VPN and it worked!
DL free VPN
intal and run
open client
logi-in game
acess Trading Post.
close client and VPN.
open CLient again. Solved.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

No issue for me.

The only issue for me is gem/gold conversion isn’t loading.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: mOOnRaBBiT.8913

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

Thanks Healix.5819

Google DNS, flushdns and delete cache worked for me.

I setup my DNS back after opening GW2 and TP then closing GW2, and it still work after. Thanks.

(edited by mOOnRaBBiT.8913)

Posted by: Messenger.7450

Messenger.7450

Add me as well to the people experiencing the problem. Yes, I live in SEA. Today was the 3rd day of this problem; it started around July 28.

I did as Healix.5819 instructed, modifying my hosts file and it worked. (BIG “Thank you!” to Healix.)

So it’s a problem with our different ISPs here. I just wonder if
1) it’s something ANet can address, and
2) if ANet manages to fix it, what we who modified our hosts file should do.

Healix.5819

So it’s a problem with our different ISPs here. I just wonder if
1) it’s something ANet can address, and
2) if ANet manages to fix it, what we who modified our hosts file should do.

The problem seems to be with your local DNS provider, which is generally handled by your ISP. I tried to get a sample from Singapore, and some of the providers didn’t have an entry for static.staticwars.com, which would prevent you from accessing that link. Editing your hosts file is how you manually set the IP of a website, rather than automatically through your DNS provider. Judging from the some of the responses however, it has to more than just a DNS problem, but I can’t exactly test that without a sample.

The problem should go away by itself eventually. You can use Google’s DNS instead as a permanent solution, which is going to be more up to date than your default provider. The hosts edit it not something you want to keep permanently. To undo it, simply delete that line.

If you would like to get a sample, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter the following command:
nslookup static.staticwars.com

Then do it again using Google’s DNS:
nslookup static.staticwars.com 8.8.8.8

The IPs you want are listed under non-authoritative answer. You could then test those IPs, which you’d be better off using if they worked, since they’re closer to your location.

PrinceAzulon.1876

Update: It’s all fixed now for me and I didn’t do anything. Am from SEA too.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Oh, my router is set to use google dns since day 1, maybe that’s why.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com