Black Screen Shutdown in Lion's Arch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kyte Wormwood.6109

Kyte Wormwood.6109

Two of my characters Jorden Wander & Cydni Thatcher swam down the drill to investigate the crash site, at the “Wreckage of the Breachmaker” point of interest

Upon reaching down below, the computer screen goes black, monitors turn off, keyboard becomes unresponsive, and I have to hard shutdown the computer using the power button.

Anytime I log on to either character, the computer crashes again. Both Jorden Wander and Cydni Thatcher are now trapped at the bottom of the Ocean.

I will attempt to get One of them free by using another computer. Then I will reinstall GW2 and try with the other character to see if that solves my issue… heres hoping!

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Try repairing the client first using the Command line arguments first. Then try compatibility mode if you are using Windows 8. Also, try logging into a toon in a different map before logging into those toons. If nothing else, you can ask a mod to move your toon for you.

Posted by: Kyte Wormwood.6109

Kyte Wormwood.6109

Try repairing the client first using the Command line arguments first. Then try compatibility mode if you are using Windows 8. Also, try logging into a toon in a different map before logging into those toons. If nothing else, you can ask a mod to move your toon for you.

“Try repairing the client first using the Command line arguments first”
I have no idea what that means.

My main issues with this is 1: I want to explore that area. 2: If this happens in this location, it could also happen in other locations around GW2, Simply ignoring it isn’t going to solve my problem. 3: This isn’t a simple “crash to desktop” problem, this is My Whole Computer just blacks out and dies… that’s serious.

Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz
6 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System
Radion-R7770 graphics card

(edited by Kyte Wormwood.6109)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

“Try repairing the client first using the Command line arguments first”
I have no idea what that means.

My main issues with this is 1: I want to explore that area. 2: If this happens in this location, it could also happen in other locations around GW2, Simply ignoring it isn’t going to solve my problem. 3: This isn’t a simple “crash to desktop” problem, this is My Whole Computer just blacks out and dies… that’s serious.

Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz
6 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System
Radion-R7770 graphics card

No idea if, in your case, it will help, but this is what he/she meant: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

If you so desire, you can peruse the Tech Support sub-forum for the threads that have Dev posts addressing character stuck in certain map. I believe it was a Caledon Forest map thread that the Dev posted a possible solution in.

Good luck.