Black Screen Solution

Black Screen Solution

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: killer.8746

killer.8746

Q:

First, please navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder. By default, this will be C:\Program Files(x86)\Guild Wars 2.

Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Windowed.”
Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
Edit the “Target” line to include -windowed at the end. Note: Please make sure -windowed is outside of the quotes -- Correctly Formatted Example: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe" -windowed -- Incorrectly Formatted Example: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -windowed "
Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.
If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 5 again.

Last thing to do after you make guild wars 2 into window mode is to make a custom resolution in nivida control panel under display click on change resolution and after that click customize make the resolution 1920×1079 make it 60HZ click apply and ok and go back into guild wars 2 run as administrator and set it to that resolution.

This is a Solution for Nivida users up the top here down the bottom of the page there’s a solution for amd users.

Attachments:

(edited by killer.8746)

Black Screen Solution

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Hmm, that doesn’t make sense. I have ran the game in windowed mode for ages and even so I keep getting black screens out of nowhere even and then. Also, there may be people with monitors that won’t reach that resolution neither do I believe the issue is restricted to nVidia graphics. If there are samples confirming it then it could be the “fix” yes. It could have worked for you but that doesn’t mean it’s the “fix” or that your issue was the same for me and others. :S

Black Screen Solution

Posted by: killer.8746

killer.8746

Try it with amd catalyst control center see how it goes with the window mode & custom resolution bit 1 – Right click the desktop and open the AMD Catalyst/Vision Control Center.

2 – In the upper-right corner, select “preferences”. Make sure “Advanced View” is
selected.

3 – From the tabs on the left-hand side, select “My Digital Flat-Panels.”

4 – From the list that drops down, select "HDTV Support (Digital Flat-Panel).

5 – There should be a list of “HDTV modes supported by this display.” Choose the one relative to your monitor’s native specifications. Since my monitor’s native specs are 1920×1080 @60hz, I choose “Add 1080p60 format to Display Manager (NTSC).”

6 – Click the green apply button.

If you now see one or two resolutions listed in the “Predefined and Custom HDTV Formats” section, you may be ready to go. Open the game and see if your native resolution is now listed.

If you’re still not seeing anything, or if you’d like to add a new resolution, continue on.

7 – You should now be able to click the “Add” button next to the list of “Predefined and Custom HDTV Formats.” Go ahead and click it.

8 – From here, you can create a custom resolution. When you’re done, click accept.

9 – Click the green apply button again.

Last whole step is navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder. By default, this will be C:\Program Files(x86)\Guild Wars 2.
Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Windowed.”
Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
Edit the “Target” line to include -windowed at the end. Note: Please make sure -windowed is outside of the quotes -- Correctly Formatted Example: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe" -windowed -- Incorrectly Formatted Example: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -windowed "
Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.
If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 5 again.

(edited by killer.8746)