Black screen problem since update.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: bonkmonster.1702

bonkmonster.1702

Every 30 minutes or so since the patch, my screen will go black. I’ll see the arrow of the main interface and nothing more. The field of view won’t come back and I can’t do anything but go into the ctrl + alt + del and manually exit the game that way and reset it. Anyone else having these issues?

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

That’s not new. I have been suffering with it for around one year now. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Constant-black-screens-and-disconnects/

Speaking of which, today this issue had driven me nuts… I was doing the final meta event at Auric Basin and just when all the lanes were around at 5%… poof I went, black screen, and when I logged in back I was put in another map where the progress were around 60 to 95% yet that looked to be condemned to fail -_-

As if it wasn’t enough frustration, after it I went to try Great Jungle Wurm for daily, it was my last chance in the day.. I joined it at the pre… the Wurm spawns and when it reaches 50%… poof I went again -_- and when I came back guess what? Yeah, it was already dead to dead… -_- In a single day I lost 2 big events due this kitten black screen issue…

A little note for OP: you don’t need to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to leave it, just hit Alt+F4 and the game will close. Also, if you hit Shift+F12 you will be able to see the game’s log out panel, but none of the options will work, and if you hit F11 you are still able to open Options. That’s the only things that you can do when that issue happens.

Posted by: correllis.1428

correllis.1428

Glad to see im not alone. Been having the same problem again after the patch.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Well, a little news… today I have suffered with this issue 3 times within 30 mins of gameplay… :/ It made miss an event that was at 50% before it and done after I logged in back -_-

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Seems this old problem has returned, now also in 64 bit version. Please fix.