[Blocked Progress] Pers Story Q bug - Temple of the Forgotten God (72)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kira.4738

Kira.4738

Server: Desolation
Character name: Celestae
Race: Human
Level: 80
Profession: Thief
Quest: Temple of the Forgotten God (72)

Sadly I have encountered a bug that has halted my personal story progress. I have submitted an ingame bug report but thought I’d post here too as to cover all bases.

In the room where there are 2 shrines and therefore 2 mobs to kill, I killed the first of them, picked up the item that unlocks the door (but is also a weapon) and began to use it to kill the 2nd of the mobs. I used my Steal ability and stole the skill that allows me to go invisible (this is while still holding the Q item). As I entered stealth the Q item vanished, never to be seen again. Which left me in a spot of bother - with only 1 key when I need 2 to proceed.

I left the instance hoping it would reset and work when I reentered – but now when I enter and start the quest again I cannot interact at all with the first shrine and none of the doors are open.

Please help, I was really enjoying my story quest.

Thanks, Kira.

Posted by: gtllama.1698

gtllama.1698

I also encountered this issue. Level 80 Charr Thief, in the Temple of the Forgotten God personal story quest. I didn’t even make it as far as Kira. I defeated the guy at the second shrine and picked up the item, was ambushed on the way to the temple orb, and during the fight the item disappeared. I was able to interact with the temple orb, but it only said its initial text about needing the item. The item didn’t respawn after several minutes.

I was able to get past this by exiting to the character selection screen and re-entering. I had to do the first part over, but as long as I immediately placed the item after picking it up, it didn’t bug out any more.

Posted by: Kira.4738

Kira.4738

After the server maintenance I have been able to complete this quest

Posted by: Kulgin.9512

Kulgin.9512

bump – same thing happened to me. do I have to wait for a server restart for this to get fixed? I even tried exiting to character select but it didn’t work, the first shrine won’t proc the veteran for me to defeat.

Posted by: Kulgin.9512

Kulgin.9512

follow-up: I was able to restart the series by quiting out completely instead of just out to character select screen