Blood Witch event should be looked at

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: VendettaDFA.9368

VendettaDFA.9368

Barracudas spawn 3 at a time from nowhere as you get near the cave entrance. This occurs everytime. If you do happen to get inside the veterans respawn in under 30 seconds as well as having more barracudas spawn in. This is an event and the Blood Witch should be the focus , not the secondary mobs, but you’re lucky if you get one shot off before you are covered in instaspawns. At this point I will only swim in to get the poi , dying several times , and once thats done so am I. This can’t be the way its meant to work.

Sorrows Furnace server if that has any bearing.

Posted by: Egg.7251

Egg.7251

I agree 100%. I spent 10 minutes fighting at the entrance trying to fight past an army of barracudas and veterans. I never got anywhere near the Blood Witch.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

It does this on all servers. Most people skip it. Good thing there isn’t an achievement for doing every event.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: kateuk.7538

kateuk.7538

It’s too hard unless there are loads and loads of people.

Posted by: VendettaDFA.9368

VendettaDFA.9368

It does this on all servers. Most people skip it. Good thing there isn’t an achievement for doing every event.

Well then I’m glad I am not the only one having such a problem with this event. I realize it takes a good sized group, but if most people are skipping it like I was thinking as well, then it obviously needs some adjustment. Dumping the instaspawn cudas outside the entrance and eliminating the short respawns on cudas and vet mobs inside should solve this issue and allow for a proper battle. IMO this needs to be set for 8-10 properly leveled players to handle. Thats seems like a small number but I don’t often see large numbers of players in this area, and it may be due to the problem with this event.

(edited by VendettaDFA.9368)

Posted by: DEDEN.2870

DEDEN.2870

People are having problems with this event? Really? I mean it’s not one of the easiest group events in the game, but it’s also not one of the hardest. You only need 3-4 people in order to beat the event. They just have to be people with half a clue.

Personally, I’ve done it three times now with different characters (guardian, thief, and elementalist) and found that it’s pretty easy to get past the entrance. Swim through the middle of the enemies and they’ll follow you inside. Then use AOEs and kiting to mop them up. You have to deal with a couple more krait, but they’ll stop spawning and you’ll be where you need to be.

As always though, when fighting krait pack on the condition removal…