Blood Wurm Out of Range in Draconis Mons

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

The Blood Wurm event that spawns in Heathen’s Hold in Draconis Mons is too far away from the platform. When players try to attack it they often get “Out of Range”. The wurm should be moved closer to the platform, as most classes have to stand hovering in mid air just to be in range of the wurm.

Posted by: GroundFrog.4798

GroundFrog.4798

If you take a look into the Pool of Lava where the wurm protrudes from, you’ll notice a Rocky platform, this is where I stand with my Necromancer, as it brings me closer to the fight.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Blood Wurm actually has two targetable locations. One is his head, and the other is the middle of his neck. The neck can be hit at all times by players with a 1200 range weapon. His head target often disappears and reappears because every time he slams his head down on the rocky platform (to give melee characters a chance to attack), it’s technically a “new” target".

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It depends on where you are standing. The lava pit looks like a circle but it seems to be more of an oval. The center of the platform is further than the two sides. I can attack it with axe on necro and shortbow on thief so that definitely doesn’t require 1200 range since those are both 900 range.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

The Blood Wurm actually has two targetable locations. One is his head, and the other is the middle of his neck. The neck can be hit at all times by players with a 900 range weapon.

FTFY. Just stand to the side of the platform instead of in the centre.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

In the north-west corner of the pit is some kind of safespot on the ground. The lava does not extend to the wall in that corner.There are no worm attacks, no damage, no elementals. And nobody seems to have recognized that spot until now.

You can reach it if you fly from the platform over the lava down to the opposite edge of the lava, keeping left. The neck of the worm is reachable with at least 1200 ranged attacks from there. I don’t know if 900 is also possible.