Bloodstone Visage Broke Again.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Damio Roncartia.7041

Damio Roncartia.7041

Glow is once again showing through the back of the head.
No idea why it’s doing this again.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

It never stopped doing that. I noticed it right after the “fix”.

What bothers me even more is that on Asura the glow effect is now nearly invisible from the front. The glow effect still seems to be somewhere behind the eyes/hidden somewhere inside the head. The aura effect (the floaty blood around the head) doesn’t show at all. Maybe it was scaled down to the point it’s also somewhere inside the head.

That’s a pity, I really liked the skin for what it was supposed to look like. I really wanted to use it on my thief. I hope ANet will have another look at that skin and have it fixed somehow…

Posted by: Damio Roncartia.7041

Damio Roncartia.7041

Dunno if you have your computer set up for the highest graphics, but it was fixed when you had it as such. I ran around with it for about a week with no issue. Granted the fix came with the dampening of the glow as a whole on full graphics, but it was fixed. Now the glow has been re-intensified, but it’s once more glowing through the back of the head on full graphics.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What wasn’t clear when the Visage first arrived or when Mr O’Brien spoke of alternatives to how it might look was that… it’s not really a conventional ‘skin’. It’s a glowing animation that appears just in front of the eyes, which I supposed allows us to see our hair (not usually possible with headgear).

Unfortunately that design means that if it’s too bright, it will shine through objects at certain angles under certain resolutions. And, apparently their graphics QA didn’t check all the thousands of potential settings.

Turns out, you can see the eyes from the back at low resolution and in the preview screen. And you don’t see them from the back at higher resolution, but neither do the eyes look particularly crazed or spooky as they did originally. And worse, in certain circumstances, I can’t see the glow at all.

In short, I think the eyes are working as intended, but the way that they are intended to work doesn’t please a lot of us.

So I fear that it won’t be possible to “fix” them at all; they’d have to start from scratch and honestly, I’d rather that they focused on other skins and just chalk the idea up to being a mistake (even though I know that there are people who love it the way it was and/or the way it is).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Dunno if you have your computer set up for the highest graphics, but it was fixed when you had it as such. I ran around with it for about a week with no issue. Granted the fix came with the dampening of the glow as a whole on full graphics, but it was fixed. Now the glow has been re-intensified, but it’s once more glowing through the back of the head on full graphics.

I’ve made a screen of my settings next to my character, since I don’t know which settings I should set higher in my case in order to see the “intensified” glow (if you or anyone else in this thread could help me out, I would be very thankful).

However, it should be clear from my screen, why I feel the glow (and any other effects really) are insufficient. I don’t see how this look can be intended behaviour, especially when viewed next to the preview window where you can see the intended look (but with the shining through bug).

I think most of the people who voted for the fix thought ANet would only fix the shining through thing, and not tone down the effect to such a degree it isn’t even visible.

EDIT:

I still suspect that in case of Asura the glow effect is somewhere behind the eyes. I’ve added another screen to this post, on which you can kind of see the position of the light source, which shines through the forehead (still).

EDIT2:

What wasn’t clear when the Visage first arrived or when Mr O’Brien spoke of alternatives to how it might look was that… it’s not really a conventional ‘skin’. It’s a glowing animation that appears just in front of the eyes, which I supposed allows us to see our hair (not usually possible with headgear).

Unfortunately that design means that if it’s too bright, it will shine through objects at certain angles under certain resolutions. And, apparently their graphics QA didn’t check all the thousands of potential settings.

That one, I don’t agree with. There is a quite similar gemstore skin, which can pull off the glow without shining through (as far as I can tell – see third and fourth screen). I don’t own the gemstore skin, but maybe someone who owns it can confirm that the glow works as intended there.

Also, the thought that you need to use a “certain resolution” so a skin works as it should… That does not sound like “working as intended” to me either.

Attachments:

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

Again? It was never fixed.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser