Bombs Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad fail

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Some of the bombs in Caithe’s Reconnaissance Squad mission won’t go off. Particularly the 3rd bomb (the one at the start of the small passage) never goes off. This makes achievement Not Under My Command very difficult as the two Vigil soldiers attack anything that comes close and they are made from paper. And by close I mean even mobs that my 1500 range Longbow Ranger can’t hit!

I really like the ideas behind the LW missions in this patch, but the implementation is very poor. I needed 2 hours for Hidden Arcana due to bugs with the last boss and now bugs make it very hard to get the achievements. I hope you will solve these issues very soon.

/edit: Thread title is stupid but the 45 character limit makes it very difficult to make it meaningful. ArenaNet, can you please improve the forum (software) as it is really bad. I gave up hope for a proper search tool a long time ago.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

(edited by Rose Solane.1027)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I did the achievements just fine yesterday/last night. The bombs all went off fine for me all three times I did it. You just have to be very, very careful with your timing. Watch the patrols carefully so you (or the overeager NPCs), especially on ones in tight spaces like bomb #3, won’t accidentally agro them. Once you’re sure the patrol near bomb #3 is away, move in behind the bomb with your back to the wall, so that the NPCs will kind of follow you. Set the bomb, and then wait for the dogs to get close.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

You don’t even need enemies to trigger the mines in order to get the achievement.

Just arming all of them should earn you the achievement.

Posted by: barnabas j collins.2306

barnabas j collins.2306

The Op is talking about the achievement where you have to keep the first two lionguards alive, not the one where you set the bombs. And I also had trouble at that point. There are two patrols that both pass that spot, the are around a corner where you can not see and the one bomb that would be useful there almost never triggers so the lionguards run in and suicide on the mobs.

I assume there is something wrong there with that particular bomb because the mobs run right over it and nothing happens.

I finally gave up and had a friend help me with the achievement. Together we were finally able to kill the wolves without losing a lionguard.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

The Op is talking about the achievement where you have to keep the first two lionguards alive, not the one where you set the bombs.

Ah, you’re right. I don’t have the achievements memorized, so I thought he was talking about a different one.

I know it is not too much of a help, but I did the achievement solo, without even placing any mines on the corpses.

Granted it was on my 5th attempt after trial and error.

I just made it utmost priority to put as much distance between myself and the NPC’s as possible before getting the attention of the mordrem wolves. As long as the wolves are attacking you instead of the NPCs you should be okay, and diving in headfirst before the NPCs are in range definitely worked for me.

Bringing along a friend or two can only help your cause, and after I did these achievements myself, I helped a couple friends with theirs, and it was much easier doing it with two additional bodies to absorb damage and they were both able to get their achievements on our first attempt.

Hope this helps.

good luck!