Booted From Dungeons

Booted From Dungeons

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Riverweasel.6950

Riverweasel.6950

Starting to have serious issues with the dungeons as it seems a new, or else previously unnoticed by me, patch was added where in which if the host leaves the dungeon, it boots everyone and completely resets. I’ve had four straight dungeons do this over the course of the last week and it is getting very irritating to go through half of an hour long dungeon only to have everyone unceremoniously booted back to the nearby waypoint.

Just wondering if anyone else has been having issues with this. I know it’s not just me because everyone else gets booted too and make mention of their dislike for it. The instances are fun, but I’m quickly going to stop entering them if this keeps up.

Booted From Dungeons

Posted by: Anapxist.5314

Anapxist.5314

IF u kick opener or he leave its close dungeon and kick all group out with reset. I play gw2 for 6 mounth and it always work like this. Even if opener go offline, dung will not work(new cutscenes not start without him).So, its not issue or bug.
Solution:
1. Open dungeons yourself
2. Do dungeons with friends

Booted From Dungeons

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

This definitely isn’t new. If the owner of an instance (i.e., the person that opens the dungeon) leaves the party or changes characters, it kicks the rest of the party from the dungeon. Going offline hasn’t typically been an issue for me.

I recommend doing what Anapxist suggested and only do dungeons with people you know and trust or open them yourself. That way you can reform your party if necessary and you aren’t kicked if someone has connection issues.

However, there is definitely an issue involving being kicked from your own instance that I’ve experienced.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Being-Kicked-From-My-Own-Instance/

Booted From Dungeons

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah this happens often and it kitten es me off as well. It’s partially why I try to avoid doing dungeons with randoms but mostly because I just can’t stand the ineptitude of people when it’s directly ruining everything for me.

Booted From Dungeons

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

And of course when people leave (either intentionally or unintentionally) it always has to be at the worst possible moment. It always seemed to happen to me whenever I was almost done a run. Or in the case of Fractals of the Mists, on the last fractal right before the boss. Now I just create my own groups most of the time or only play with people I trust not to do that kind of thing.