Boots of the Firstborn undyeable

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jhey Five.4620

Jhey Five.4620

I recently started a male sylvari engineer, and decided to buy the boots of the firstborn and transmuted them to the starting level 0 boots. They have been transmuted to higher levels now, but I am unable to dye the boots. The preview shows the dye working but when I close the window, the in game boots havn’t changed, and going back to the dye window shows them as they originally were, undyed.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Try to use the Dye Remover (remove dye) tool on all slots of the item, save the changes, and then go back in and re-dye to your liking and see if your changes save then.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Jhey Five.4620

Jhey Five.4620

That worked, but it worked strangely, the dye remover changed the colour to midnight fire, which I don’t own on this character. After that I was able to dye them though. Thanks a bunch for your help!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Very glad to!
Though that is really, really odd that removing the dye left them as a color that isn’t unlocked. I wonder if they were visible as that color only to you and everyone else would be seeing the yucky brown color that items are normally left with after using the dye remover… Oh well. Problem solved at least.

Happy gaming!

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |