Bottom Line of Vinewrath isn't opening

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Candacis.7048

Candacis.7048

I encountered this on two maps. The bottom lane of Vinewrath isn’t opening. The last wall can’t be damaged it says, no matter how many times the devourer (with ammo) arrives at last wall. I saw it on a map where all 5 champs were killed before and again, on a map were not all 5 champs were killed.
Anyone else had that problem?

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Vinewrath boss, third wall to the south spawns impenetrable, even though only middle and north should, on many maps, making it impossible to kill the boss and thus failing the whole event.

Fix ASAP, thanks!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Might I suggest posting it in the correct forum, which will make it easier for the devs to find and identify the issue?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bottom-Line-of-Vinewrath-isn-t-opening

Some more details would probably also be good. (Seems to have to do with one of the lanes being at the boss according to reddit).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Details would be very helpful, please! Alternately, are you filing an in-game bug report?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

South starts with their boss. Their last wall should spawn without shield so they can start first. After the troll is dead, middle’s wall becomes vulnerable, making it possible to fight the trasher. Same again; last boss is the teragriff.

This is a bug and, yes, the episode as a whole is quite okay but god, I wish ANET did a tad more QA.

Details would be very helpful, please! Alternately, are you filing an in-game bug report?

There aren’t that many details necessary. Third wall to the south spawns with shield. It shouldn’t.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Ya Crovax is right, I have run into this bug twice today now. Some maps the south lane has a shield up right from the start when it shouldnt and the map becomes impossible.

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

South starts with their boss. Their last wall should spawn without shield so they can start first. After the troll is dead, middle’s wall becomes vulnerable, making it possible to fight the trasher. Same again; last boss is the teragriff.

This is a bug and, yes, the episode as a whole is quite okay but god, I wish ANET did a tad more QA.

There aren’t that many details necessary. Third wall to the south spawns with shield. It shouldn’t.

Pretty much this. The devourer keeps attacking an “impenetrable” vine wall at the end of the lane. For about a half hour straight, it went back and forth with ammo, hitting the wall doing no damage to it then goes back for more ammo. This is at the south lane. I can’t confirm if it happens with any other lane because the south lane always freezes up.

Posted by: Blads.6132

Blads.6132

It’s currently bugged on IP 206.127.146.76:0

I can offer a taxi if it helps to figure out what’s wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, people left and the event failed.

(edited by Blads.6132)

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

Bottom lane failed again.
Even when we let the devourer (with ammo) die, the new one can t destroy the last wall.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Bottom lane just failed again.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Just experienced this as well. The bottom lane vine was reinforced which meant the devourer could never break it down.

To go through all the time getting to a breach.. then have this boss fight bug.. just bleh.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I’ve tried to do this event 4 times tonight. Every fight was on a different copy of the map, and every single one was bugged like this.

The siege carrier at the southern vine wall can never break through to the boss. This will repeat until the event fails.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Time: 7:30 AM Server
Map IP: 64.25.38.201:0

• At the start of the Vinewrath encounter, the Southern Lane’s final Vine Wall had the [Reinforced Shield] buff on it. As you can see in the screenshot, this occurred in the lane scheduled to go in. (As indicated by the icon on the mini-map) This blocked our progress and forced us to let all the carriers die and fail.

Next Attempt:

• I don’t know if this helps, but the next time Vinewrath spawned on this map (64.25.38.201:0), the bug did not occur.

Possible Causes?

• Does the previous Vine Wrath state affect the next one?
    • Which lane was active when they defeated the Vine Wrath?
    • Which lane was active when they were defeated by the Vine Wrath?
      • Which boss were they fighting?

Attachments:

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I experienced this last night as well.

In my scenario, 4/5 of the subterranian mordrem champs were defeated before the timer ended.

The 5th, champion was defeated almost instantly after the event failed
(Copper just barely missed the cutoff but players were able to kill it before it despawned)

Then, same as described in the OP, the siege devourer failed every single time to make it beyond the final barrier, and it put the vinewrath event into an endless loop until too many siege carriers were lost to continue.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

My experiences were almost identical to what Nokaru described above. Unfortunately I don’t remember the IP addresses of the servers I was on. In a few of the cases, 4 out of 5 champions were defeated during the breach before the Vinewrath spawned. In other cases all 5 champions were defeated. It doesn’t seem to make a difference when it comes to the event being glitched.

But if the event does glitch, it seems to happen on the first lane, which then prevents any of the champions from being fought and the only option is to let the event fail.