Bouncing Attacks from Corpses

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

After the latest patch, my Thief’s Shortbow’s main attack is bouncing off of corpses, even for a short time after those corpses visually disappear. It’s certainly nice, but it’s never worked this way before and I didn’t see it in the patch notes.

Also, in case it’s related, I also noticed that after being downed, I had less max Initiative when I got back up (I have Preparedness equipped), and it didn’t fix until I was downed and rallied again.

EDIT: I’m in Dredgehaunt Cliffs as I noticed this, and there have been some other odd behaviors. When attacking the dredge-held bases, if I shoot the doors with Trick Shot, it seems to reliably bounce inside and really mess up the enemies inside the door. Plus, Choking Gas at least seems to visibly fly right through the door (it’s hard to tell if it physically is, as I’m not seeing a circle for it at all, but the enemies certainly seem to be getting poisoned on the other side).

(edited by Jokubas.4265)

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

oh yeah dredges have weird corpses. you can see it in FotM too. basically they leave behind an anchor point of what I believe is their weapon. since the same happens with skritt bottles I believe they were dropping their weapon as a bundle once upon a time and this effect is a relic of that.

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

Hmm, you’re right, it doesn’t seem to happen with other enemies. I guess I must have just always switched weapons before fighting the dredge in the past, so I never noticed before. The door behavior might be a similar situation.