Box of Recipes: Ravenswood Branch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

In the item description in game it said Artificer 450, Weaponsmith 450 and one other. Unlocked on Weaponsmith and the only recipe that was applie to the account was “Legendary Inscription”.

The Experimental Staff Head Recipe, the Experimental Staff Shaft Recipe, and the Ravenswood Branch Recipe are not applied.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: Ryscas.9715

Ryscas.9715

I have the same problem! can we rebuy the recepi?

Posted by: xtclikeafox.4162

xtclikeafox.4162

same problem. not showing up as rebuyable and not present in the weaponsmithing drop down. Had been bold on the description for weaponsmithing.

Posted by: JedasKresh.6517

JedasKresh.6517

I used it for Huntsman, but when I researched it, turns out, most of the other items needed for the Ravenswood Branch is Artificer… So abit of a joke to add ‘Weaponsmithing, Huntsman’ to it when the experimental staff head and the shaft are both an Artificer thing…

Edit: Just made my Ranger an Artificer… All the stuff is there. The staff head, inscription etc. Just means gotta level up Artificer again…

(edited by JedasKresh.6517)

Posted by: Renkku.7451

Renkku.7451

Same happened to me! I sent a ticket to support.

Posted by: Vsevedzna.6527

Vsevedzna.6527

Ive learned it on a weaponsmith, and it only unlocked the Legendary Inscription. The other two staff parts are not shown on neither my weaponsmith, nor my artificier.
(They are both different chars). I hope we get a response on this

Posted by: BlenderX.4710

BlenderX.4710

I opened it on my artificer, it unlocked all but I can’t make the elonian leather squares on it even though its highlighted as Artificer 450, which I am, I’m having to switch to my leatherworker 500 to make those. It is a bit of tease, ya?

Posted by: Asuna.3276

Asuna.3276

So, I need to delete one of my crafts, to get artificer, so I can craft the staff head/shaft? Coz I have weaponsmith and armorsmith both in 500, and I use it coz it says I could make it with weaponsmith. I will lost my ascendent recipes and a craft in 500, coz the recipe say it can be crafted with weaponsmith… I think Arena need to resend the box or do something to get the recipe from the staff head/shaft so I can use it in artificer :S, I have artificer 450+ but in other character x.x

Posted by: Brera.6759

Brera.6759

Same problem here =/ please fix this T______T !!!

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

Yes. Same here. Spent it for huntsman. You should’ve made it as a container with 4 separate recipes. Please add the ability to rebuy it from Hobbs or send another copy by mail.

(edited by Max Durak.1358)

Posted by: Silver Phoenix.5842

Silver Phoenix.5842

The recipe should only say artificer and none of this would be a problem, i too made the mistake of trusting the recipe

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

For those of you who used the box on the wrong character, you can buy a new box from the Legendary craftsmen in Lion’s Arch for some karma and use it on an Artificer.

Angel.6085

Rebuying it actually is NOT a fix for this issue. The issue affecting these people isn’t a lost recipe or a wrong character recipe. The game does not recognize that the item needs to be replaced, and it is not available for repurchase from the karma vendor.

The only way I’ve seen this issue rectified, for any of the people I’ve talked to, is submission of a ticket and Anet directly replacing the item.

Hope this helps anyone.

Max Durak.1358

Any update on tihs? Did anyone get the replacement?

Angel.6085

I did, but I had to file a ticket for it.

Max Durak.1358

I did, but I had to file a ticket for it.

Do you mean in-game bug report or with support site?

Update: created a ticket via GW2 support site and got a copy by mail today.
Thank you very much ArenaNet!

(edited by Max Durak.1358)

Posted by: Buffalo Bruiser.3567

Buffalo Bruiser.3567

I also had this problem. Learned the recipe on not artificer toon, because huntsman was an option on recipe description. but huntsmen do not make staff parts for Bifrost. And the staff parts were not showing up on artificer. I made and in-game trouble ticket.

Posted by: Twiggy.2138

Twiggy.2138

Rebuying it actually is NOT a fix for this issue. The issue affecting these people isn’t a lost recipe or a wrong character recipe. The game does not recognize that the item needs to be replaced, and it is not available for repurchase from the karma vendor.

The only way I’ve seen this issue rectified, for any of the people I’ve talked to, is submission of a ticket and Anet directly replacing the item.

Hope this helps anyone.

You can easily rebuy as many as you wish. It doesn’t matter if you have unlocked them on another character or even the same character, once they are unlocked they are available for purchase.

Go to the lions arch crafting stations area.
Talk to Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs.
Select option ‘show me your wares’.
The last four tabs are the reward items that you can repurchase.

The recipe for the Ravenswood Branch is the fourth tab from the bottom in the ‘Chest of Natural Protection’ (have to scroll right down to the bottom of the list)

Posted by: KiLLiAN.5629

KiLLiAN.5629

I just did the same thing today. Thanks for this thread guys, helped me get back on track.

Posted by: Lexan.5930

Lexan.5930

yes you can rebuy the recipie from hobbs, thank you for the help, i’m not freeking out that i have to get my necro to 450 in all those

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

Well, you guys must be special cupcakes, then.. because Hobbs isn’t giving me an option to rebuy anything. And I’m stuck not being able to craft the staff parts now.

Would it kitten kill Anet to put up a friggen dialogue box for this sort of stuff? That’s kinda basic MMO game design 101.

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

Posted by: CrimmsonWind.1475

CrimmsonWind.1475

If you look at the tab for First Collection Chests down near the bottom, the Chest of Natural Protection should be there for 10,003 karma.

I also opened it on my hunstman but the recipe for Ravenswood Branch does not appear in my list so, I just bought the box again and opened the recipe on my artificer. Annoying and I would like to see a real fix or at least an explanation, but I’m not hurting for karma so in the mean time it’s a workaround.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

As above post says, it will be there. The reason it shows all 3 crafting professions, is because of one single recipe that is available for all 3.

always always always open it only on the character with the profession that can actually make the weapon you are trying to do. Unfortunately anet didn’t make this clear, and never has made a recipe account bound. Fortunately the npc does in fact have them so you can replace/relearn it on the proper character.

edit: do not choose the ‘misplaced’ option. That is for replacing things like ’Destroyer’s Heat’ for astralaria after you acquired it already. Follow above directions to go through ‘show me your wares’

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)