"Breaking the Bone Ship" personal quest broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: pugster.9378

pugster.9378

It seems like that this quest is broken. The quest starts off that you and Tonn have to swim to the Bone ship, I swam there and you are supposed to fight a boss shark. However, the boss shark is not there, but the quest marker has a circle around the bone ship. Tonn won’t set the charges, so I can’t proceed with the quest. I did this quest twice and I have the same result. I am playing in the Hedge of Denravi world.

Posted by: Astrea.4295

Astrea.4295

Try killin the ‘normal’ sharks in the area . The quest continued for me after that.

- Server: Far Shiverpeaks (EU)
=Astrea Swiftkill-thief-Human; Plurk Stoemweg-Guardian-Asura
= Guinevere Astreas – Mesmer – Sylvari

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Still a problem just now, seven months later. I came within a whisker of giving the story up as uncompletable. and restarting it.

At the ship I found nothing to kill; I swam in circles for 10 minutes searching. A check on line told me I was looking for sharks, but there were none to be seen. I eventually found one seemingly tucked up into the bone ship hull – looked to be stuck, as Tonn and I killed it over a couple of minutes with ranged attacks without once being attacked back (and once it died, the corpse was almost entirely hidden by the ship).

Back to swimming around. I eventually spotted a shark not far outside the marked area, decided it was worth giving that one a try and was heading towards it trying to engage it in combat. At which point I was bounced from behind by another shark that I’m absolutely convinced wasn’t there a few seconds before.

Once I’d killed that one, the quest advanced.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)