Broken skills

Broken skills

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

after new patch i cannot use any skills when i click they dont activate so i must log out game this happends 5-7 in day its start in dungeon/wvw/spvp and when only stay in city its start be boring when w8 join to wvw 30-40min and now game stop work i can only runnig around and see how others fighting

Broken skills

Posted by: Kenji.7528

Kenji.7528

Got the same problem!

Broken skills

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

This happens with my warrior when i try to pick up a banner. When it fails to pick up the banner (not sure why it fails) my skills wont activate expect for shouts.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Broken skills

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Hey I am not alone.

I will name this bug astro projection. I usually hit the bug in less than 20 minutes of loggin.

Broken skills

Posted by: Alex.8103

Alex.8103

Same here, It’s getting extremely annoying ;/

Broken skills

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I have this bug too.

I cannot activate any skills.
I can activate Virtues.
I can swap weapon.
I cannot stow weapon.
I can change skills while not in combat.
I can gain boons/conditions.
I can dodge indefinitely.

Edit:
I can also equip, unequip any weapon/armor/accecssory.
I can salvage items.
I can use Waypoint.
I can buy and sell items from merchants or TP.
I can deposit/withdraw items.
I can move through gates(such as portals to get into SMC)
I can interact with objects(banners)

I just cannot use any skill from 1-10

Thank you. Now i need to log out and wait 1 more hour to get back into WvW.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Broken skills

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I’ve identified the issue. It comes from interacting with objects. Due to lag, banners do not disappear. If you try to pick up a banner which is not there(it appears on your screen but it is gone from the server), it completely locks your skillbar until you log back in.

Advising every player to not pick up banners/conjures until this is fixed.

Broken skills

Posted by: Cjekov.2059

Cjekov.2059

Have this on my ele a lot (obviously, since it happens when picking up conjures). I’ve been able to fix it by putting my weapon in my bag so the 1-5 buttons were empty. Worked again after re-equipping the weapon.

Broken skills

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Have this on my ele a lot (obviously, since it happens when picking up conjures). I’ve been able to fix it by putting my weapon in my bag so the 1-5 buttons were empty. Worked again after re-equipping the weapon.

Have tried this, with both weapon sets on Ranger. Did not fix. Have to log out to clear.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Broken skills

Posted by: Kebra Nagast.4189

Kebra Nagast.4189

Same here. I was doing WvW, when I tried to gather an orrian truffle and I got all my skill locked as Turtle Dragon said.

Edit: changing border fixed the issue.

(edited by Kebra Nagast.4189)

Broken skills

loseridoit.2756

hmmm, it seems that I am experiencing packet loss. I guess everyone here should file a support ticket rather than begging on the forums for anet to fix it

Thank you for bringing this updated information to my attention today.

I took a look at the Game Advisor report you provided and it appears your connection may be suffering from packet loss.

At this time, I would like to confirm these findings with a more advanced diagnostic report which will graph your Internet connection while actively playing Guild Wars 2. To do this, we use an application called “Ping Plotter.” You can find the program and information on how to use it at http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html. Please note: this program is not supported by NCSOFT or ArenaNet.

1. Please download and install the standard version of Ping Plotter from the direct link below:
http://www.pingplotter.com/downloads/pngplt_std.exe

Note: There is a trial period for the Standard version but you will not be obligated to make a purchase.

2. Run the program, and in the upper left corner, you will see an “Address to Trace” section.
3. Next, log into Guild Wars 2 and type in /IP in the chat box. Doing so will display the IP address of the server to which you currently are connected. Put that IP address into the “Address to Trace” section in Ping Plotter. Make sure you leave off the :0 at the end or the test will not be able to be run correctly.
4. Click “Trace” and allow the tool to run for at least 30 minutes while playing Guild Wars 2 and preferably during the timeframe in which you experience this issue. Also, please keep the trace running for a minimum of 30 minutes even if you get disconnected from the server.
5. Once you have run the trace for at least 30 minutes, click on “Stop” then “File” → then “Save Sample Set” and save the file to your computer. Please be sure to save it in a location that will be easy to find, such as your desktop.

Once saved, please attach that report to your ticket for me to review. If you encounter a problem, such as excessive lag, disconnects or errors, please tell me what the issue was as well as the time frame in which it occurred. This will help me isolate the issue you experienced at the point in time.

Regards,

Broken skills

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

So this annoying and borderline exploit bug (the dodge really works, I dodged my way through a zerg for 30 seconds and came out with more than half of my health) can also get sort of randomly fixed.

You can use siege weapons. After using a canon for 10 minutes, when I went back to my weapons, the bug stopped.
Also if you get dazed (or maybe other CC), it seems to fix it.

And sometime it seems to get fixed for no reason.

I’ve had that bug 4 times this week-end, and generally in the most annoying times…Like defending/attacking SM or a keep.

Broken skills

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Can we get something official on if this is even credited? I mean I know you would rather spend time buffing other fluff, but when players are unable to play…that seems noteworthy of a bug to me.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Broken skills

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Having this happen on my ranger when trying to pick up foraged weapons and then I can’t use any skills.

Jumping off a cliff to my death seems to fix it.

Broken skills

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Logging out is not the best solution. Falling far enough WITHOUT DYING will fix it. Also, falling TOO FAR is not the best solution.

Broken skills

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

I just made a post about this then I found this topic. I am having the same problem on my warrior when I pick up my banner in pvp after my skills are broken. In wvw just attempting to pick up the banner breaks my skills. I have to reque just to get my skills working again.

If we are all experiencing packet loss I doubt its on our end

(edited by risenlord.2035)

Broken skills

Posted by: IkarosSK.4302

IkarosSK.4302

It happens on any character that wants to pick up banner and fails (dont know why) It happened to my necro when i was clicking F (for pick-up) when taking ogre camp in EB and saw i failed to pick up the banner which the ogre chieftain put (dont know why i could pick it up ). I needed to restart the game to make skills work.

Broken skills

loseridoit.2756

I just made a post about this then I found this topic. I am having the same problem on my warrior when I pick up my banner in pvp after my skills are broken. In wvw just attempting to pick up the banner breaks my skills. I have to reque just to get my skills working again.

If we are all experiencing packet loss I doubt its on our end

my packet loss may be unrelated to this thread. I have go around ask when I have time, but everyone here should submit a support ticket. Anet will respond to support request and ask people to run tools for data

Broken skills

Posted by: Axiom.9742

Axiom.9742

Same issue with Ranger in pve, TC. Submitted a bug report. Posting here so others know it’s not just them. It didn’t appear to be packet loss on the user end (was playing at a datacenter, showing no drops in any of our tools). Seems like a world interaction issue, and data loss in the code/server on their end triggering the issue.

Happened after picking up an oakheart branch, then went to SB and had no skills functional. Watched everyone else kill the SB. No lag issues. Everyone could be plainly seen fighting, as I was running around dodging hits with no ability to interact.

Also had many instances of not being able to res players since last update, regardless of profession.

Re-logging in always fixes it temporarily, but that’s a terrible option during world boss or wvw (instant overflow, or being queued for another hour and a half to get back in).

Completely sucks the fun out of playing as you watch world bosses die in front of you with zip for credit.

Broken skills

Posted by: keelaunaw.3285

keelaunaw.3285

my whole game breaks down in wvw. absolutely nothing works in big fights, and all i can hope to do is win the battle so i can get credit for ANYTHING. every fight in wvw has been nothing but a lag fest that just got worse x3 after this season. que just to get in the kitten bg averages 90mins-3hrs EVERY DAY. then after that wait, you get there and within 20mins leave, because every fight is a giant battle going by in full 5sec still screenshots of you attempting to move your cursor while spamming the kitten out of your abilities that you already know wont work. and this is not my ‘losing packets’, my pc and connection have been fine since i got this game.

quit being cheap and just buy better servers, anet, kitten .

Never got bored with an MMO faster than GW2. Took 4mos.

Broken skills

risenlord.2035

bump. Still not fixed. As noted above getting dazed or confused in wvw seems to fix it but losing all my skills in a zerg fight is bogus. Can we at least get acknowledgment on this issue?

(edited by risenlord.2035)

Broken skills

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Same problem here. I can’t even use my skills in PvE, and when I can it takes up to 30s to proc. Now the entire game is almost unplayable, instead of ‘just’ WvW.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Broken skills

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

It’s very annoying.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Broken skills

Posted by: Prophet.1038

Prophet.1038

I also had this problem, a simple double clicking on any particular seige allowed me to use my skills whenever i encounterd this problem. Worked for me. Try it out and let us know!

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

Broken skills

risenlord.2035

This is a serious problem. My banner warrior in wvw is now useless 50% of the time.

Broken skills

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Most issues that involve effect proccing or skills being disabled can be fixed by switching to town clothes and back. This basically un-equips all equipped items and re-equips them and fixes their being bugged. Binding a key to toggle town clothes is best.

This town clothes toggling also seems to fix the apparent issue of current stats being displayed properly in the Hero Panel, but are not actually active on the character (feeling really squishy sometimes, attacks/skills not doing the normal damage they should be). This stat issue usually happens after being downed and rallying. I highly recommend toggling to town clothes and back upon first login before attacking enemies, as well as frequently toggling to town clothes and back at the earliest chance when out of combat after getting downed.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Broken skills

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Added this to the Tracker: Reported Bugs and Their Status [collaborative effort by players] sticky thread.

Functionality
(Hover on INFO for issue description)

• Combat: Banner/Conjure/Bundle Interaction = All Skill Loss
    | INFO | Report Thread |

Any other info that should be added or corrected in the INFO description?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Broken skills

risenlord.2035

that sounds good. thanks for tracking it

I will keep that townclothes fix in mind next time im in game. Thanks

Broken skills

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I made a thread on this where I managed to bug up a whole two slices of DR in TC in this way. Might need to merge it with this. NPCs stopped showing up and a lot of the same issues appeared.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Skill-Lock-not-Skill-Lag/first#post3190336

and

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Npc-free-DR/first#post3186250

Another with air #1 under water: Collision problems

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Elementalist-Under-water-skill-1-bugged/first#post3185737

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)