Brute Force bugged

Brute Force bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lethalmoose.2079

Lethalmoose.2079

So I’m trying to do my personal story mission called Brute Force, and I am supposed to search a swamp for survivors from the undead attacks. So I find them, then I get an new objective: Defeat the undead attackers. This is were the mission bugs out, after killing a few waves of the undead, they stop coming and there is nothing I can do to progress the story.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Tybar Sunsong.6571

Tybar Sunsong.6571

I am running into the same issue. Two or three waves, then nothing.

May sunlight always caress your leaves.
May your wisdom be as your roots, deep and wide and fully nourished.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: DagdaMor.3904

DagdaMor.3904

I’m running into this issue right now. I can’t progress through the personal storyline because of this bug.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Tara.1736

Tara.1736

Anet said they are going to check it out (as of yesterday they said this)
I too have the same problem. Best thing to do is exit the instance and try again.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Hawtmama.2581

Hawtmama.2581

Same issue here.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Luxer.7630

Luxer.7630

Same here. Can’t wait for the fix.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Sibrik.4126

Sibrik.4126

Just had the same problem, left the instance, rejoined it and it worked.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Having same problem. Will try again tomorrow to see if it works on second try.

Attachments:

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: SunderX.5927

SunderX.5927

Having the exact same issue. Trying logging out and restarting the mission.

I closed the client, restarted the mission. This time I took a central position and tried to make sure none of the Vigil got downed. This seemed to work, as I was able to complete the misison.

(edited by SunderX.5927)

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Tomahawk.9534

Tomahawk.9534

I am also having the same exact bug. I really hope they fix it as fast as possible.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: nyder.3148

nyder.3148

I did this a couple of times and figured out the problem. It seems like the children and soldiers are positioned weird, but they aren’t. You need to be North of them, towards the middle of the green circle. 1st wave risen comes from that side, 2nt wave, the carriers come from the south side first, then come from your side, the north. think some things just spawned in camp also. keep an eye on the south side, help when it needs it, but mostly keep yourself on the north side. 3rd wave is the brutes and they seem to come from the middle. then i think there was 1 more wave.

But anyways, I died a few times, and it didn’t matter. But staying north of the camp does.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Melanis.8309

Melanis.8309

still bugged :-(

Brute Force bugged

Melanis.8309

there is nothing to do

Attachments:

Brute Force bugged

Melanis.8309

OK, on the second time it has been done

Brute Force bugged

Melanis.8309

but It really needs a tune to avoid this bug again for other players in future

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: catron.4856

catron.4856

Im having the same problem. 5 months and still not fixed? Please do something about it, I can not continue in my story

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Sithious.8296

Sithious.8296

Experiencing this exact same issue. How can you guys let this known bug stand for half a year? Unacceptable.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Finn.6703

Finn.6703

Still bugged after 9 months? ridiculous

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Guardiex.8943

Guardiex.8943

I just completed this with no problems. What I did was clear the entire area of undead and then approached with children and surviving soldiers to start the following event. I also made sure everyone was revived and active. I charged in for most of the spawns and dragged them back to the center in front of the group I was protecting to take the most aggro and cut them down fast. Maybe I just got lucky?

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Wilcovms.2683

Wilcovms.2683

here the same it is still some piece of kitten come on after so many months.. fix this!!

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Madara.7890

Madara.7890

Just fight the waves of enemies in the predetermined area (yellow circle on the map).I resolved with this.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Wangus.6089

Wangus.6089

This is still broken. What can players do while this issue is being fixed?

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Mystiskem.7124

Mystiskem.7124

I did as suggested. I stayed on the northen side of the circle sort of intercepting the undeads. I also made sure that I got a killing blow on at least one of the suicide minions that spawn (the first 3 tries they all blew up) which i think might be what causes the issue. If you do not actually ‘kill’ one of them the next wave won’t spawn, so it seemed to me.
Hope this helps

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Zonatos.2183

Zonatos.2183

Same problem here!
10 months already…

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: NickGeorgiou.3782

NickGeorgiou.3782

Seriously? 11 Months and still bugged? The game has been out for almost a year now and it’s still bugged? SORT THIS OUT!

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Caradryan.1795

Caradryan.1795

Bumping this thread because this is still bugged after a year. The bug is well-documented on the wiki: if your character is downed during the 3rd wave (suicide plague carriers), no more waves will spawn and you’ll have to reset the instance. Nonetheless, this bug still exists and haven’t been fixed.

Hope Anet can resolve this at some point.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

Its still bugged. Wasted so much time trying to figure the quest out thinking this game is too good to have such a stupid bug in it.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Noronha.7950

Noronha.7950

Its still bugged

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Ender.7035

Ender.7035

I can confirm, it is currently bugged for me. A couple waves of attackers and then I just stand there and nothing else happens. How is this still a problem?

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

The problem is, I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue. I’ve played through that story step dozens of times with no issues, so I haven’t been able to figure out what causes it to stall.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Endiro.6432

Endiro.6432

The problem is that if the guards who says something after dies their replicas disappear. If they do none can say them and you cant continue

(edited by Endiro.6432)

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Endiro.6432

Endiro.6432

I cant get it, how did none of you figure it out, im new to this game but i still get it

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

The problem is that if the guards who says something after dies their replicas disappear. If they do none can say them and you cant continue

All of the friendly soldiers can be revived, and they auto-revive after each wave, so their bodies don’t vanish if they’re defeated.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Calliren.3947

Calliren.3947

Still bugged for me as well.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: doggirl.6159

doggirl.6159

This personal story mission is still bugged, which is incredibly surprising and very disappointing. I have been playing since day 1, with a break of a few months here and there for this exact problem on my main, a Ranger. She got to a point in her personal story mission at Fort Trinity and it took several months for the development team to put a fix in. I quickly lost interest in not being able to complete my story so I quit playing for a while. Came back some months later and they had fixed it so I finished her up and went on to a Necro. She also had problems with the story missions. Same thing happened, I got frustrated, lost interest and quit playing for a while. Now I’m back, and this has happened on my third character, a lvl 31 Guardian.

Same exact problem as everyone else, I kill each wave until they simply stop coming. I was never downed, although a couple of the vigil members at the “bunker” with the kids were. I revived one, one of the NPC’s revived the other and we commenced to wait. I lost patience, went back through the entire swamp and killed every mob available and still it did not trigger. This really is just unacceptable at this point ArenaNet. Its embarrassing and just shouldn’t be happening. Youcan almost understand it a release because we all know some things get passed through because they aren’t considered game breaking. But for this to still be an issue YEARS later is just unacceptable. With all the other problems with what is labelled as MY “personal” story, I shouldn’t have to overlook time consuming bugs as well. Hope these things don’t continue to plague GW2 for years in the future.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: syx.8376

syx.8376

All of the friendly soldiers can be revived, and they auto-revive after each wave, so their bodies don’t vanish if they’re defeated.

Noticed the third wave spawned when I was not near the NPC’s. Upon death of the NPC’s before I got there the monsters disappeared. If these monsters are disappearing then it would explain blocked progress on this mission assuming kills on them trigger the switch on the quest. I would start there.

Edit: The monsters disappearing are the self-exploding risen, which would explain them disappearing. To try and replicate, I would suggest during the second wave staying further out in the swamp area. It could be that the distance from the camp is a factor.

(edited by syx.8376)

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Tjezee.1280

Tjezee.1280

This mission is indeed still bugged, first time around I saw all the vigils next to the children stand up and the next second they were all down. And the mission didn’t progress anymore, second time around 1 of the vigil died and then the dialog went on, ( " What’s up recruit, seeing green? " , " Shut it you two, face forward " etc etc was the dialog, kinda ) the next wave should have spawned but nothing happened, then I ressed the vigil and the dialog repeated itself and the story could progress to the end.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Joan.2384

Joan.2384

Tried 5 times and still bugged. After the npcs die, no enemies spawn again although I res them or not.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Yup, definitely bugged. 4 attempts, no progression after the third wave.
At the same time, with another toon about a month ago I was able to finish the mission at the first attempt.

PS: Looks like staying closer to children did the trick. But still, next time I’ll thinks twice before creating a character with this event in the personal story.

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: Nana Mizuki.3492

Nana Mizuki.3492

same problem encountered. it seems allies down make mission cannot continue (even after reviving)

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

Hello. This is just to confirm that this issue is still a thing, it happened to me just now. And yes, one of my allies died and got revived, it may be related to that.

Professor James – Mesmer

Brute Force bugged

Posted by: legion.7518

legion.7518

Still bugged. I’ll retry it later.