Bug? Achievement -- Balloon Tower Tourist

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

There are two balloon towers I’ve visited in Queensdale. At the top of each tower are chests where we are supposed to claim our royal gifts.

As I recall, I only claimed one chest (southwestern tower to the east of Crossing Waypoint) and my achievement is showing 1 of 5.

I’ve visited both towers (the other one further along the road to the northeast) and both chests stand open with no option to claim. The chest I did claim gave me two items.

Edit: Or maybe the second chest is simply bugged and cannot be claimed.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

Posted by: eldris.8461

eldris.8461

I have the same issue with the tower that is more to the west. Chest already open when I got there so I can’t open it to get the achievement tally.

Also I’ve seen one aetherblade ship event near a tower get stuck at about 15% morale left with no aetherblades to fight :\ So the tower gate wouldn’t open.

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

On Tarnished Coast server, A balloon in Gendarren Fields (the Western one) was supposed to be under attack by Aetherblades, but there were no mobs spawning at all in the circle around the pirate airship (Same thing as Eldris reports above).

The obstacle is the path.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Of the several threads already pointing this issue out, I will state here that this eastern Queensdale tower is also bugged on Eredon Terrace server.

I had done West Tower, then East was bugged for me.
I believe that had I done East Tower first, then the West Tower would have been bugged.

I believe that both towers are being read by the game as being the same tower in regards to the chest.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

I’ve also run into the chest already open bug – Queensdale, Altar Brooke Vale.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Pretty sure it’s just supposed to be one chest per day.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: kopp.3916

kopp.3916

West Tower in Gendarran Fields also stuck by the not-spawning-not-ending Aetherblade event on Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

Sanctum of Rall is also stuck with the west tower in Gendarran Fields. Someone was thinking the mobs spawned under the map? They certainly weren’t on the land or in the underwater tunnel.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

If that is the case, you have to log in every kitten day of this month to get the related achievement, as it requires 30 towers!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I opened two chest today but it was on two different characters on two different map.
Could be 1 chest per day per map.

Edit: maybe just a bug with the one in queensdale. I was able to get both chest in harathi hinterlands and I’ve seen people running around with reward from completing the achievement.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

I’ve now had several towers show me the chest at the top as unopened, I could even select it, so I go do the event to open the gate to it but by the time I reach the top of the second flight of stairs it has opened itself (I can hear it happen and if I rotate my camera when the sound starts I can watch the chest open itself). I then cannot interact with it as the subject of my target has disappeared. I know for certain I hadn’t yet gotten to the chests this has happened to me on as it was the first time I entered the zones they were in.

Posted by: Gubbinz.4851

Gubbinz.4851

Same issue with two different characters in 3 different zones. I have 9 more to go for the acheivment but last four towers had box closed until I did the event, then made it to the top to find them already open.