Bug: Arcana Obscura Issues [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Same problem as the above posters. I would really like to get some Luminescent armor..

Edit: Works on my guardian.

(edited by Pride.1734)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I’m now stuck in the Domain of Strenght. I already got “Strength Without Sacrifice”, but then the game disconected, and now when I go to this area, the facet of Strenght doesn’t appear anymore. the challenge mote doesnt give me the option to call the Facet, the transparent wall doesn’t let me pass through, and the journal guide only says “locate your allies”. Anyone got this bug?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Still can’t get into Glint’s lair, Ogden won’t give me the options to continue, just the story flavor dialogue options.

Would be nice to get some Luminescent armor.

Posted by: liliansi.9365

liliansi.9365

Same here. Resolve please!

liliansi.9365

Still stuck at Ogden.

I’ll bump everyday until it is resolved.

Posted by: downrider.7346

downrider.7346

Hi,
i am stuck in the living story with my main-char, because i dont get a mail from marjory at the beginning of episode 8 “arcana onscura”.

I would be happy, if someone could fix this.

Thanks a lot.

liliansi.9365

Still stuck at Ogden. He won’t give me the options to continue, just the story flavor dialogue options.

Fix, please.

liliansi.9365

Still stuck at Ogden. He won’t give me the options to continue, just the story dialogue options.

Fix, please.

liliansi.9365

Still stuck at Ogden. He won’t give me the options to continue, just the story dialogue options.

Fix, please.

liliansi.9365

Fix, please.

liliansi.9365

Fix, please.

Kaleban.9834

A little help here eh ANet?

liliansi.9365

Fix, please.

Posted by: kenborsutler.1867

kenborsutler.1867

I am having the problem with completing and replaying Episode 5 as well. I get to Ogden and all I can do is ask him questions. I have completed the episode once before, but it did not register as complete, even after I received the reward. Now, I cannot replay the episode to completion. I did play it in order, but I did play episode 8 before completing 6 and 7.

liliansi.9365

I am having the problem with completing and replaying Episode 5 as well. I get to Ogden and all I can do is ask him questions. I have completed the episode once before, but it did not register as complete, even after I received the reward. Now, I cannot replay the episode to completion. I did play it in order, but I did play episode 8 before completing 6 and 7.

Same here…from one year

Kaleban.9834

Any news on this issue? Will it ever be resolved?

liliansi.9365

Not resolved. 20 post on forum, 200 bug reports and emails.

(edited by liliansi.9365)

liliansi.9365

They threaten me via PM to delete my forum account if I bump another time. I do not know how to do. I spent 20€ for a story that I cannot finish. They are dishonest. They take the money of the poor people and don’t give anything in return.

Posted by: Sir Byrn.4539

Sir Byrn.4539

Stuck at Ogden/Ep.5 as many others.

1. no multiple level 80s
2. no group, single play
3. switching from Ep.5, all other Episodes are completed
4. never finished Episode 5

I faced the problem, that I jumped to Silverwaste (cause I already had the waypoint there) and I was not going to via Brisbane – I walked the correct way but this never solved my problem.

Thx.

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

I don’t know if this is the right place as the original post says “Arcana Obscura” but Episode 5. Arcana Obscura is episode 8 is it not? Is a problem with episode 8 being caused by episode 5?

I have been playing through all of the living world story chapters solo on a level 80 character. I have multiple level 80 characters on my account but this is my first play through with any of them.

I completed “7. Seeds of Truth” and the game automatically advanced me “8. Point of No Return” but I did not receive a mail to complete the first objective of “Arcana Obscura” – Read the “About the Symbol” mail from Marjory.

I have tried quitting the episode but the game automatically starts it again and does not send the mail. I have tried starting “7. Seeds of Truth” over and quitting it – which causes the game to automatically start 8 again. But it still sent no mail. I have explored Durmand Priory but cannot advance.

I tried replaying “1. Gates of Maguuma” and got the mail for that chapter right away so something is wrong with Episode 8 not delivering the mail, at least for me.

Someone else mentioned in another thread that they got the mail once they completed their personal story. My personal story has been completed for months and still shows as being completed in my Story tab.

(edited by SoulCrystal.2186)

Posted by: Mafetix.9857

Mafetix.9857

Just accompanied a friend who was trying to complete this step and he got the same ‘cannot progress when talking to Ogden’ bug. We tried restarting the instance to see if it would fix it but it doesn’t help.

This was in the Echoes of the Past Arcana Obscura instance, not the Point of No Return one.

- Buddy has multiple level 80 characters but has been taking alts through LS Season 2 one at a time, separately.
- He was the instance owner and I was the only other group member.
- He didn’t switch episodes, he did them in order the first time through. However, he didn’t seem to get credit for completion the first time round, which is why we were trying to do it again.
- He has been able to complete the instance once before without problems.

When the quest step says “Talk to Ogden”, before the part where you touch the hourglass, buddy tried to talk to Ogden and the dialogue window immediately re-closes when he tries to open it. For the instance the window is visible, it also appears to be blank. He doesn’t get the option to click anything, and if he tries again all he gets is lore (which is from after you complete the lair instance, not before you go in).

Hopefully something in this thread will help you guys narrow the problem down in some way because we are a pair of sad charr kittehs right now.

The Legion of Honour [XIII] & OPERATION: UNION - bringing players together
http://is.gd/operationunion

Posted by: Sixplus.1385

Sixplus.1385

I finished Season 2 on one character solo

On my second character, solo, I have not received the email from Marjory to start Aracana Obscura so cannot start Chapter 8. I tried quitting and restarting, but like SoulCrystal, it just tells me to read the email that I don’t have.

I completed personal stories on both of these 80s before starting Season 2.

Can you please tell the server to spit an email out for me?

Posted by: Sixplus.1385

Sixplus.1385

I found that I still had the email from Marjory for my first character. I clicked on it and it advanced the story. I hope this helps some others!

SoulCrystal.2186

I opened a support ticket about the problem I am experiencing but unfortunately the response was not helpful. The support person said the team cannot reset, advance, or otherwise modify quest progression for characters/accounts, which I can understand them not having the tools to do so. I was hopeful! They suggested I try abandoning it and talking to the NPC to restart the quest but obviously this does not apply to the way living story chapters work. I have tried restarting the chapter multiple times through the living story system and still the required in game mail is not sent to me. My progress is blocked until this bug is fixed. I only hope it doesn’t take too long as I would love to finish the living story sometime soon, and certainly before the expansion is released.

Posted by: Sir Byrn.4539

Sir Byrn.4539

I only hope it doesn’t take too long as I would love to finish the living story sometime soon, and certainly before the expansion is released.

Well, “doesn*t take too long” is a little bit optimistic…you noticed that users already claimed this bug half a year ago? Sorry…seems to me as a question of “will it ever be solved” :-(

SoulCrystal.2186

Heh. Ok. So I’m embarrassed. When I got home I checked what Sixplus suggested and it turned out that I had the mail in my mailbox from five months ago(!) so it wasn’t even visible in my mailbox without scrolling down.

Five months ago I hadn’t even started playing through the living story. I was still on chapter one. Why I received the mail for chapter eight when I was still not done with chapter one was a bit of a puzzle.

After some thought, I think it comes down to the fact that I logged in for certain chapter releases and got them free: 1-4 and 8 specifically. I bought 5-7 in the gem store. I am guessing that because I had not logged in to receive chapters 5-7 but did log in for chapter 8 (even though I wasn’t playing through it yet) the game must have delivered the mail for chapter 8 at that time anyway (as the current story chapter) when it put the chapter in my story journal.

So basically, scroll back if you are missing the mail on your character. It just might be that the game snuck it into your mailbox a while ago without you noticing at the time.

Hopefully this helps some of you having the same problem of a missing mail in game.

Posted by: Flynncat.3629

Flynncat.3629

Not sure if its related, (and i haven’t checked it on all other toons, but on my Thief, as soon as I finished Personal Story, Arcana Obscura auto-activated even though this toon has done none of the LS. I also cannot deactivate it. I can change active episodes, but not totally deactivate. Its not a HUGE deal, but it is making map completion a bit more of a pain.

Posted by: APELLA.2415

APELLA.2415

i have the same bug. stuck on ogden. please fix it.

Do you have multiple level 80s on your account that you were taking through the episode?
- no.

Were you in a group and if so, were you the instance owner?
- no group

Did you switch from Episode 05 to a later episode before you completed Episode 05 for the first time?
- yes

Have you been able to complete Episode 05 at least once?
- no

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

Same issue here and here is a screenshot showcasing exactly where.

Had this exact issue today. He’s just standing on the chair with low health.

-I have completed this instance on another character, and got all the achievements for it too. But I only have it currently active on this character.
-Solo.
-Ep 8 got automatically activated after completing the personal story but I switched back and did everything in the proper order.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

For those that have been stuck at the begining of Arcana Obscura because they didn’t get the mail. While there was no response in the topic you, I managed to find a solution by myself. I had picked all the items I had stored in my mails and then deleted all of them on the character that was stuck.

After that I got my quest update.

Posted by: Quex Fehftir.7619

Quex Fehftir.7619

Yeah I did this exact same thing myself just a minute ago, I had some VERY old items in the mail, but just took out anything story related and I got the mail afterwards.

liliansi.9365

Any news about Ogden? I’m still stuck. No response from ArenaNet except threats of ban

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Found this thread so I’m not starting a new one,although I’m sure I’ve
reported this bug before,a long time ago.
Been stuck at Ogden for so many months…….
It only gives you the trivial dialogue options ,and not the ones that lead on
the episode.
You can see the main dialogue window loading for a split second,and then
the “tell me more about..” dialogues load automatically as if you selected them
from the main conversation.
Nothing else is interactable in the room.
Exactly as Mafetix describes it above.

Do you have multiple level 80s on your account that you were taking through the episode?
- no.

Were you in a group and if so, were you the instance owner?
- no group

Did you switch from Episode 05 to a later episode before you completed Episode 05 for the first time?
- no

Have you been able to complete Episode 05 at least once?
- yes

I can’t complete the achievements because of this bug.
Can’t even get in Glint’s lair.

In the 1st screenshot you can see the main dialogue window as it opens
after you interact with Ogden.

In the 2nd screenshot you see the secondary dialogue options that appear
automatically.

Attachments:

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)