Bug: Fell through SAB checkpoint

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RosiesRed.1974

RosiesRed.1974

I fell through the 3rd checkpoint in world 2, zone 2 (Pain Cliffs). After feeding the octopus I used the trampoline to bounce up the checkpoint. Instead of landing I fell right through and got trapped in the mountain underneath. In order to free myself I had to leave and restart from the beginning of the level.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I fell through the 3rd checkpoint in world 2, zone 2 (Pain Cliffs). After feeding the octopus I used the trampoline to bounce up the checkpoint. Instead of landing I fell right through and got trapped in the mountain underneath. In order to free myself I had to leave and restart from the beginning of the level.

That checkpoint is a doozey, has been doing it ever since W2 was originally made… too bad you can fall to a spot where you can’t kill yourself. I don’t know what causes it, but if it happens it usually happens as you activate it.

If I were to speculate I am guessing the gap between the beams and the checkpoint is just the right kind for the games latency compensation to randomly decide sometimes you should be falling through it rather than standing on top of the checkpoint.

If memory serves that is why you respawn on the scale rather than on the checkpoint itself for this checkpoint, it was their hotfix for the problem during the previous SAB release, sort of… and turns out it stuck around.

Posted by: Yuri Barebones.3802

Yuri Barebones.3802

This also happened to me. The area you fall to, immediately beneath the checkpoint, is in an open area on grass between cliffs. It LOOKS like you should be able to walk out, but there is an invisible barrier that keeps you trapped in that small space. It seems like a small terrain modification at the bottom would allow people that fall through to leave & make their way back to the checkpoint again. It is fairly rare that you fall through. I’ve done the map dozens of times & fallen twice.

Very frustrating to have to leave & restart the entire zone over again.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Just dig until you get a rabbit and let it kill you…