Bug Fixed: Collections and sPvP

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

Update 1/23: I updated the topic to indicate a bug with collections in general (Dungeons, Luminescent Gloves, etc.) and the Heart of the Mists (sPvP). Opening a chest from a Reward Track that grants you a skin will unlock it for the wardrobe, but not for the collection.

Temporary Fix: Pick skins in PvE environment (outside of Heart of the Mists)

Original: This was submitted to support and forwarded to proper channels for a fix. This post is just to create awareness for people about a “rare?” bug regarding the Luminescent Glove Collection.

Background:

• I completed the Living Story chapter to get a Glove Box (Heavy Gloves)
  • Bought a 2nd box at Silverwastes using crests (Medium Gloves)

I just finished the sPvP Silverwastes Reward Track and got the Glove Box from there. I opened the box (Light Gloves) in my wardrobe, but I ran into a problem. There is currently a bug where even though I have the gloves and they are unlocked in my wardrobe, it did not count for the collection. I did try a few things such as selecting the stats and equipping them, but nothing worked.

According to support, as long as it is in your wardrobe, it should unlock the collection. Again, this information was forwarded from support to get patched at a later date.

If anyone else had this issue, did you fix it and what did you do to fix it?

(edited by Outlaw.3421)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Were you in Heart of the Mists when you did this?

Outlaw.3421

Were you in Heart of the Mists when you did this?

Yes, I believe I was, but I can’t remember for sure. I know some items in the Mists won’t even let you open them until you leave. I can’t remember if the Glove Box was setup that way. I did get another glove box though and chose the light gloves outside the Heart of the Mists, but the result was the same. No collectible unlock. I did not think that the Heart of the Mists would affect the item in that way.

The only thing I can think of is buying it on an alt character just for testing purposes, but other than that – nothing I can do until it is patched.

(edited by Outlaw.3421)

Outlaw.3421

Just wanted to provide an update that I did buy another glove box on an alt character, but still have the same issue where it will not unlock in the collection. In case anyone else tries, now you know.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Could you post two screenshots with your wardrobe and the collection?

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For the moment, I am avoiding trying to unlock anything while in the Heart of the Mists. I don’t imagine that everything there is bugged, but it’s not worth taking the chance since it’s just as easy to unlock in PvE.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Outlaw.3421

Could you post two screenshots with your wardrobe and the collection?

I have attached the image you requested. It has my inventory in the top left with the Carapace Gloves showing “Skin Unlocked” (I selected the Carrion stats), the Wardrobe in the top right confirming it is there, and at the bottom, the missing collection for the gloves.

Attachments:

Outlaw.3421

So this issue seems to be linked to another thread updated today: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/HotW-Collection-Bugged/first#post4719620

This apparently is an issue with collections and unlocking skins in sPvP (Heart of the Mists), and not the Luminescent Gloves collection specifically.

(edited by Outlaw.3421)

Outlaw.3421

Just wanted to update that the issue is still present as of the patch on 1/27

Outlaw.3421

I want to confirm that the issue has been fixed with the 2/24 patch!