[Bug] Lupicus Necrid Bolt hits at melee

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

It was always like this all the time: “Necrid Bolt – casts a single, powerful, bouncing projectile at a single target; only hits targets at range. Will not hit players at melee range.”

After 2-3 patches now it his while in melee what it shouldn’t be.
I demand a serious fix in this because we can’t play in melee like this.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Is this while solo or with a group?
If it is with a group then it seems like it is just badly worded.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I confirm, his ranged attack does indeed hit in melee range now.

Posted by: Noir.3241

Noir.3241

ye ye you wrote the same in fractals&dungeons….. actually you can play it in melee. you can solo it … for now

and the moral of the story is" be more specific"

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

it hits the melee even if 1 or 5 so it bounces to all the melee line. tried to trio lupi boom all 3 down from 1 bolt instantly.

Posted by: KhalGarrido.9625

KhalGarrido.9625

I dont know if that attack is suppoused to attack us while melee or not, but it’s an absurd i mean we have to dodge all lupi’s attacks + that new attack bug since today! It’s an abusrd if it’s a secondary effect and a bug that came up with the patch ok np. But if it is intentional it’s absurd trying to level up the dificulty of 2yo content of the game!

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Just tried duoing. Made it to p3 but running outta dodges.

Zelendel

KhalGarrido.9625

u have to control very well your dodges imo, signet of stamina on warriors + riposte for that ranged attack is god

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

This didn’t make the boss more fun at all and needs to be fixed. Bump.

For great justice.

Zelendel

Purple Miku.7032

Another bug with Lupi is that he sometimes will just randomly shadowstep to the wall, bug out, and then spontaneously reappear in the same spot prior to shadowstepping, ccing you in the process. He does this even if you’re the only one in the instance, with no NPC around, and standing in the middle of the arena.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

+1, also Lupicus never lands his Necrid Trap anymore like he should. This started happening two patches ago. He used to cast it if you were too far away and land it on you. However, since the patch he will cast it further from you resulting it in never landing correctly.

He is also spawning elite mobs instead of just the locust on occasion (this never used to happen doubt this was intended).

(edited by Titanimite.2534)

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

bumping this. this is still a bug

Posted by: BlueIceSc.7213

BlueIceSc.7213

Its Hard enough to do lupicus with my guild but now its impossible for us. Pls Anet fix it

Posted by: ocirne.7915

ocirne.7915

This makes arah a lot less fun, it used to be one of the most enjoyable dungeons for a lot of people.

Posted by: Ylvina.6749

Ylvina.6749

push! fix lupi.. or we have to oneshot him (? ?° ?? ?°)

KhalGarrido.9625

ive runned arah today and maybe this was fixed at least the bolt didn’t hit me and I havent done nothing to dodge it
dunno if it was actually fixed

Posted by: punkito.8710

punkito.8710

please fix this bug, or at least confirm that this change was intended.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

I demand a serious fix in this because we can’t play in melee like this.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

This is an important bug. It should not be ignored since it is significantly more important than many other trivial bug reports which are getting attention.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Titanimite.2534

Please fix this, you talk about communicating better with the community and we have been waiting for a month now to hear either way whether this was intended or not and when it will be fixed. This really upsets many players as it feels like we are being ignored with the attention given to other trivial bugs.

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Keeping this at the top, where it belongs. Official response please? It’s been around two weeks now.

Purple Miku.7032

At least answer…

Posted by: Sloth.8729

Sloth.8729

So we have time to add some kittenty hairstyles and finisher to the gem store but we can’t fix this (obviously) more important issue?

Limitless |

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

By giving Lupicus this ludicrous ability, I think they’re planning to make this path of the dungeon less favorable and less frequent for dungeon runs — basically phasing it out, just as they did to the third dungeon path with the Nightmare Tree in Twilight Arbor.

Then they will replace that less frequent dungeon path with a totally new dungeon path content. Just wait and see.

(edited by Geekfox.4267)

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

I can’t pug Arah anymore because all the group get 1 shotted by lupi necrid bolt, so the only way for them to kill him is 1 shotting lupi with guardian wall. I don’t want to use that “exploit”.
I mean… there are many people that don’t know how to kill lupi (b4 this bug) without 1 shot him… but at least some of them could survive. Now all the group die.

If you don’t want to fix this issue, at least you could fix/nerf “Wall of Reflection” (guardian skill) and “Temporal Curtain” (mesmer skill) so people won’t be able to 1shot anymore.

Do you prefer everybody using “wall exploits” to 1shot lupi and insta kill him or fix this bug? I would like an answer at least.

Purple Miku.7032

By giving Lupicus this ludicrous ability, I think they’re planning to make this path of the dungeon less favorable and less frequent for dungeon runs — basically phasing it out, just as they did to the third dungeon path with the Nightmare Tree in Twilight Arbor.

Then they will replace that less frequent dungeon path with a totally new dungeon path content. Just wait and see.

You’re wrong, they didn’t intentionally change Lupicus at all the past few patches and it was a result of backend changes causing unexpected changes in all mobs/bosses in the game. Afterall, why would they have intentionally changed his autoattack in phase 2 to always hit without first fixing his bubble or preventing people from 1shotting him? Why would they encourage people to 1shot him?

Clearly they were unaware of the problem.

Geekfox.4267

You’re wrong, they didn’t intentionally change Lupicus at all the past few patches and it was a result of backend changes causing unexpected changes in all mobs/bosses in the game. Afterall, why would they have intentionally changed his autoattack in phase 2 to always hit without first fixing his bubble or preventing people from 1shotting him? Why would they encourage people to 1shot him?

Until the devs respond to the issue, you cannot say that I’m wrong. You can only hope they realized they made an error.

NikeEU.7690

Bump for great justice.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Purple Miku.7032

I can say you’re wrong and I do. The conclusion you came to is illogical and based off of only frustration because they haven’t fixed it, when you also know they don’t care about dungeons in the slightest and probably don’t have many people employed that even know much about them anyways due to how little maintenance there is.

The chances of dungeon related bugs being fixed when it’s still possible to do the path are really, really slim at best.

Either way, having common sense would serve us all well. Answer me: why would they intentionally make his autoattack now hit in melee range without fixing the 1-shot wallsploit if they really wanted to make the boss harder to get past? And while we’re at it, why wouldn’t they make him unskippable in paths 1 & 2 as well?

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

Until the devs respond to the issue, you cannot say that I’m wrong. You can only hope they realized they made an error.

No patch notes included = bug.

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

Thx Anet for nerfing DnT, SC, rT and others. Now nerf OS, and these guilds should be balanced

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

Actually the only ppl punished by those changes are random pugs with 0 coordination.
Organised group will adapt and beat content anyway.

Geekfox.4267

I can say you’re wrong and I do. The conclusion you came to is illogical and based off of only frustration because they haven’t fixed it, when you also know they don’t care about dungeons in the slightest and probably don’t have many people employed that even know much about them anyways due to how little maintenance there is.

The chances of dungeon related bugs being fixed when it’s still possible to do the path are really, really slim at best.

Either way, having common sense would serve us all well. Answer me: why would they intentionally make his autoattack now hit in melee range without fixing the 1-shot wallsploit if they really wanted to make the boss harder to get past? And while we’re at it, why wouldn’t they make him unskippable in paths 1 & 2 as well?

They removed Twilight Arbor Forward/Up path. Seems logical to them. Nobody knows what they’re focusing on atm, besides HoT. And the greater question is why there hasn’t been an official response for 2 weeks now.

Posted by: Agent Of Jyggalag.8375

Agent Of Jyggalag.8375

For the love of…..bump. At this point I just want an official response, but I won’t hold my breath.

“To err is human. To blame it on someone else shows management potential.”

Purple Miku.7032

Bump, still no official response or fix -.-

Lupicus keeps teleporting around the room randomly when no one’s out of melee range as well…

Sloth.8729

Please patch this today!

Limitless |

Titanimite.2534

Bump, still waiting to hear if this will be fixed or not. At this point, I just want an official response.

NikeEU.7690

There arent enough Energy sigils to keep me from bumping this

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Purple Miku.7032

He’s… still bugged. Still no dev response…

Titanimite.2534

23 days since the start of this thread and counting…

Posted by: Nairolf.7024

Nairolf.7024

Fix this bug pls ! It’s really getting annoying.

Titanimite.2534

Bumperino, Responderio plox

Posted by: Vysil.3108

Vysil.3108

Can we at least get an acknowledgment? The boss is broken.

Sloth.8729

Oh this shouldn’t be on the second page. Here’s another reminder to anet that this is still important to the community /bump

Limitless |

(edited by Sloth.8729)

Titanimite.2534

Reminder, this is still an issue after today’s patch. Please look into this.

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

There is a conversation going on about this, but no decisions have been made.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Personally I think not all fights need to be melee friendly. Ranged Lupi is kind of fun, I had a good time ranging him when gw2 was new, those were the days .. :p

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Personally I think not all fights need to be melee friendly. Ranged Lupi is kind of fun, I had a good time ranging him when gw2 was new, those were the days .. :p

That’s just makes reflects even more required for that fight, nothing else. You go ranged when you have profession like necros who lacks evades and projectile defense.

Titanimite.2534

There is a conversation going on about this, but no decisions have been made.

Yay a response! Thanks for updating us, looking forward to a decision.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Got a nasty surprise when I tried to solo Lupi after a long break x) I hope this will be fixed somehow.

EU Aurora Glade