Bug: No Golden Wings in Glider Skins Panel

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I just purchased the Golden Wings Set in the gem store and unlocked both the glider and backpack skins. I have the golden wings active as my current glider skin, however in the Glider Skins section of the hero panel the golden wings don’t actually have a selectable icon. It shows them as my active skin, but if I were to change to another skin there isn’t any icon to change back to the golden wings. Which is obviously a huge problem considering its an item that costs real money.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Did you try changing to a different back piece and seeing if the option is there. Maybe you have a back piece on another character that you could test this on.

Pretty sure this is intended.

FlamingFoxx.1305

I don’t understand how it could be intended?

When you go to the Hero Panel and change to the glider skin sections ALL glider skins show up, even the ones you don’t own, just with a little lock on them. The golden wings do not show up in there, even before they’re purchased.

I had my black wings on before, and even with them as the active skin they still showed up in the panel, meaning I could actively change between them and any of my other skins. I don’t really want to test clicking another skin at the moment, because I don’t think there’s any way for me to reselect the golden wings. However as you suggest trying it out on another character is definitely a good idea and I’ll try that when I’m next in game.

I’ll also make sure I grab a screenshot when I’m next in game so it’s easy to see that it’s simply not there.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: undergroundjerk.9541

undergroundjerk.9541

The golden wings are kind of hard to distinguish in the glider skins panel. They have a purple background and use the same icon as the hawk wings. You do initially need to double click on the glider wing item in your inventory after you purchase the set in order to add it to your glider skins list – only the backpack wings are unlocked on purchase I think (?).

Darkhaven | LOFT | LEET | Gloomcroft | Asturlon | Xiudri | Anthaurion

FlamingFoxx.1305

The golden wings are kind of hard to distinguish in the glider skins panel. They have a purple background and use the same icon as the hawk wings. You do initially need to double click on the glider wing item in your inventory after you purchase the set in order to add it to your glider skins list – only the backpack wings are unlocked on purchase I think (?).

I have double clicked and unlocked the inventory item. I’m reasonably sure they aren’t showing up, considering I sequentially went through and moused over every backpiece when I realised I couldn’t see them. I know what the icon looks like, because the icon shows next to my character as the equipped glider skin. The icon just isn’t in the place where it should be with all the other glider skins.

Repairing the client isn’t likely to do anything. I’m not having any other issues and the icons in the Hero panel and in your Inventory etc are all loaded directly from the server, meaning every time you open the game you can watch them load in (if you’re quick enough).

Andraus.3874

I’m like 90% sure the same thing happened to me. When I switched characters the icon was there. It was not there initially. Just try clicking around/ switching character/ changing back pieces etc

Intended wasn’t the right word. It’s more of a thing that just happens but is not a huge deal and fixed itself as soon as you’d actually need to be able to select it.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: undergroundjerk.9541

undergroundjerk.9541

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Come to think of it, this may have happened to me when I got the golden wings- I just logged out and back in on another character and didn’t think about it.

Darkhaven | LOFT | LEET | Gloomcroft | Asturlon | Xiudri | Anthaurion

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m like 90% sure the same thing happened to me. When I switched characters the icon was there. It was not there initially. Just try clicking around/ switching character/ changing back pieces etc

Intended wasn’t the right word. It’s more of a thing that just happens but is not a huge deal and fixed itself as soon as you’d actually need to be able to select it.

You’re right. I’ve just logged in now and the icon is there. However it definitely wasn’t when I first purchased (I went through each skin one by one and I specifically remember the positioning of the white wings in the hero panel, and those have now shifted down a line). Obviously it’s fine since it does appear when you relog, however it seems weird that it doesn’t appear in the panel until after you’ve purchased it and relogged. Especially when all other skins show up regardless, even the ones currently for sale.

So crises averted. However there is some kind of bug or mishap that’s stopping the skin showing up in the Hero Panel before and straight after it’s been purchased.

Andraus.3874

For me it actually appeared after I transmuted my wings back to my other back piece (I didn’t relog, I was raiding) . I’m remembering it better now that I think of it. So not really even a minor issue. I think they should put resources into since there’s a lot larger issues to fix. But that’s just me.

FlamingFoxx.1305

For me it actually appeared after I transmuted my wings back to my other back piece (I didn’t relog, I was raiding) . I’m remembering it better now that I think of it. So not really even a minor issue. I think they should put resources into since there’s a lot larger issues to fix. But that’s just me.

I don’t really think it’s something that needs resources put into it though. It should be a very very simple check as to why it’s not behaving like the other glider skins. Most likely they would just need to copy a bit of code from the hawk wings, since aside from the texture they’re identical.

Andraus.3874

I don’t really think it’s something that needs resources put into it though. It should be a very very simple check as to why it’s not behaving like the other glider skins. Most likely they would just need to copy a bit of code from the hawk wings, since aside from the texture they’re identical.

This actually happened for me with the hawk wings sorry I failed to mention that. But figured it was the same sort of thing. So who knows, oh well lol

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I haven’t purchased the golden wings, but I usually use the hero panel to preview a glider before I buy it. But the golden wings glider doesn’t have an icon in my hero panel. I noticed the golden wings backpack doesn’t appear in my wardrobe storage either.

Again, I have not purchased this item.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I haven’t purchased the golden wings, but I usually use the hero panel to preview a glider before I buy it. But the golden wings glider doesn’t have an icon in my hero panel. I noticed the golden wings backpack doesn’t appear in my wardrobe storage either.

Again, I have not purchased this item.

The wings are set to be hidden until unlocked. The glider is probably the same so that is very unusual. There are other skins like that as well.